Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 EYE OF THE BEHOLDER SERIES MUSIC RPG PC-GAME
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BARDOBARBAROS
Senior Scribe

Greece
581 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2010 :  15:42:10  Show Profile  Visit BARDOBARBAROS's Homepage Send BARDOBARBAROS a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic

hi!! does anyone knows where i can find the music of the games of the EYE OF THE BEHOLDER SERIES RPG PC-GAME ???

BARDOBARBAROS DOES NOT KILL.
HE DECAPITATES!!!

"The city changes, but the fools within it remain always the same" (Edwin Odesseiron- Baldur's gate 2)

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2010 :  16:58:44  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, that was a long time ago...

Did they actually have music or wasn't it rather PC speaker squeaking? Cannot remember...

"You make an intriguing offer, one that is very tempting. It would seem that I have little alternative than to answer thusly: DISINTEGRATE!" Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick 625
Go to Top of Page

BARDOBARBAROS
Senior Scribe

Greece
581 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2010 :  15:06:57  Show Profile  Visit BARDOBARBAROS's Homepage Send BARDOBARBAROS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes they had music...

BARDOBARBAROS DOES NOT KILL.
HE DECAPITATES!!!

"The city changes, but the fools within it remain always the same" (Edwin Odesseiron- Baldur's gate 2)
Go to Top of Page

Silverblade The Enchanter
Seeker

United Kingdom
61 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2010 :  07:53:05  Show Profile  Visit Silverblade The Enchanter's Homepage Send Silverblade The Enchanter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
you can find it on Youtube, couple of videos if the game's intro etc :)

however, the BEST music was on the AMIGA, back then the Amiga had vastly better sound than PCs
there were many Amiga music sites that had music from many games, but most got shut down, sigh.
I'd suggest trying those that remain :)

www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Spelljammer & Dark Sun art, and much more!

Edited by - Silverblade The Enchanter on 17 Aug 2010 07:53:20
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2010 :  08:11:09  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Silverblade The Enchanter

you can find it on Youtube, couple of videos if the game's intro etc :)

however, the BEST music was on the AMIGA, back then the Amiga had vastly better sound than PCs
there were many Amiga music sites that had music from many games, but most got shut down, sigh.
I'd suggest trying those that remain :)

I'm inclined to agree. One of my favourites was the "soundtrack" from Dark Queen of Krynn on the Amiga. Hot stuff!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Silverblade The Enchanter
Seeker

United Kingdom
61 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2010 :  16:12:58  Show Profile  Visit Silverblade The Enchanter's Homepage Send Silverblade The Enchanter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Sage,
I loved the music from "Ishar: Legend of the Fortress" and "Gods" :)
also the intro to Eye of the Behodler II was cool!

www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Spelljammer & Dark Sun art, and much more!
Go to Top of Page

durst
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2010 :  22:00:13  Show Profile  Visit durst's Homepage Send durst a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Amiga's, SSI games and FR ... closing my eyes for a second with the youtube video from below and I'm back in 1990 (I feel old all of a sudden, too)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I_1C0QUTjQ

Youtube has most worthwhile scores, plenty of sites to google for classic Amiga music (either in .mod or mp3) and several you will find that have remixed versions, too.

Edit: Google 'sidplay', the C64 sound emulator, I believe it comes will most (all?) popular game scores pre-packed. (and now I'm back in the 80's feeling even older)

Edited by - durst on 19 Nov 2010 22:02:45
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 20 Nov 2010 :  00:18:54  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by durst

Amiga's, SSI games and FR ... closing my eyes for a second with the youtube video from below and I'm back in 1990 (I feel old all of a sudden, too)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6I_1C0QUTjQ

Youtube has most worthwhile scores, plenty of sites to google for classic Amiga music (either in .mod or mp3) and several you will find that have remixed versions, too.

Edit: Google 'sidplay', the C64 sound emulator, I believe it comes will most (all?) popular game scores pre-packed. (and now I'm back in the 80's feeling even older)

Neat. I'd never actually taken note of this before. And you're right. It's like spending a warm Saturday afternoon with an old virtual SSI friend.

Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7974 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2010 :  00:28:52  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
C64 and Amiga sounds were based on some rather sophisticated audio chips, long extinct today. I've seen a lot of software emulators and hardware clones (that is, microcontroller boards) - and I mean the best ones - which can run 65xx games, though they can never quite truly duplicate the distinct audio qualities of their predecessors. Ideally you'd get analog recordings straight from the C64/Amiga speaker port.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2010 :  00:48:51  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arik

C64 and Amiga sounds were based on some rather sophisticated audio chips, long extinct today.
Indeed. And programming for them was a real treat as well. I recall the long hours I used to spend with AmigaBasic, or deep in CLI-territory... tinkering away with the audio and visual settings for the various Commodore machines. I can certainly appreciate why my electronic-arts/music friend still uses his Amiga 1000 as his music core-processor for his acts.

Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7974 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2010 :  01:20:13  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've actually hunted for years, looking for working CSG-branded MOS 6581 SID chips (or C64 machines with such parts) which I might integrate into my MIDI boards. Working 6581s are a serious commodity; the majority of later Commodore machines used newer and technically better MOS (or Ensoniq) 6582/8580 parts instead - these are vastly unpopular with musicians who prefer the 6581's crisper sound and quirky "wavering channel" filter-bias. As both something of a musician and a microcoding/electronics hardware hacker, I can very much appreciate your friend's platform preference, Sage.

The best alternative (better than a 6582) is HyperSynth emulation, which still leaves much to be desired. There is no real substitute for the original.

Still, if "studio" quality Eye of the Beholder music isn't required then audio can be ripped from any of countless youtube clips. Or just buy the game (for ten bucks) and record the signal straight from your soundcard output buffer.

[/Ayrik]

Edited by - Ayrik on 21 Nov 2010 01:57:09
Go to Top of Page

durst
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2010 :  04:46:57  Show Profile  Visit durst's Homepage Send durst a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ahx (Abyss' tracker) might be worth checking out if you have an Amiga at your disposal. Look up some Jazzcat/Appendix on youtube to see what it can do.

Go to Top of Page

strafer
Acolyte

15 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2010 :  02:34:45  Show Profile Send strafer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That might be hard to find. I know of same video game music forums but I doubt anyone would have these files.

Edited by - strafer on 17 Jan 2011 02:19:24
Go to Top of Page

durst
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 27 Nov 2010 :  14:58:54  Show Profile  Visit durst's Homepage Send durst a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://fonix.dyndns.org:40000/soamc/index.php?av=0&sb=SOAMC&ss=*eye*&sf=&sy=&sil=N%2FA&sc=&srd=&sd=&sip=N%2FA&sr=&sx=&sl=&sis=N%2FA

There's some there
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000