Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 High Quality 1st Edition FR Map?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2010 :  04:57:50  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Does anyone have a high quality Forgotten Realms map that includes ONLY locations from 1st Edition Forgotten Realms?

Not the re-sized 3e map...but the big ol' Forgotten Realms map with TONS of space in it for use by a Dungeon Master?

Anyone?

EDIT: and I'm talking something on a computer...sorry!

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!

Edited by - Dalor Darden on 01 Aug 2010 05:10:39

Mournblade
Master of Realmslore

USA
1287 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2010 :  05:37:28  Show Profile Send Mournblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah I have one....

What you can't see it?

Ah right!!

I was holding up my awesome map to the monitor trying to show you

Well sorry I don't have it on electronic format.

A wizard is Never late Frodo Baggins. Nor is he Early. A wizard arrives precisely when he means to...
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2010 :  06:13:26  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I have the original map that came in my box...but I'm looking for one that has been placed on a computer so that I can have a "DMs" Map of the world that I can modify at will.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2010 :  06:20:02  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think the only electronic 1E maps are going to be those that are in the pdfs formerly sold by companies like Paizo or DriveThruRPG. And those maps are cut into page-sized pieces.

Keep in mind that it wasn't until the waning days of 2E that companies really began producing electronic material... And even then, not all companies did it well. The FRIA was a great product, but I think it was too pricy for its time -- people just weren't ready to shell out that kind of money on a program, back then.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Mournblade
Master of Realmslore

USA
1287 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2010 :  06:24:09  Show Profile Send Mournblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
oh crap that is right...

I have the forgotten Realms atlas!!! Anyone here have ideas how I can send those files.

If so I can work on sending them to you on Monday Dalor. Actually I think you need Campaign Cartographer to edit it. (I have both).

I think you will be best off looking for the Forgotten Realms Interactive Atlas on ebay.

Here's one... but they are a little pricy:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Forgotten-Realms-Interactive-Atlas-D-D-AD-D-RPG-PC-CD-/110565176021?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19be32b2d5

A wizard is Never late Frodo Baggins. Nor is he Early. A wizard arrives precisely when he means to...

Edited by - Mournblade on 01 Aug 2010 06:28:17
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2010 :  06:28:53  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have the atlas also...

I see what you are saying Wooly. I have the FRIA, but alas, sometimes it messes up on me.

I guess what I was hoping for was perhaps a fan-made map. Does anyone have such a thing?

Go to Top of Page

Mournblade
Master of Realmslore

USA
1287 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2010 :  06:29:12  Show Profile Send Mournblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wanted to post again to get my post count off the last two digits of 13.

I don't like that number.

Go to Top of Page

Fizilbert
Learned Scribe

USA
123 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2010 :  12:50:57  Show Profile  Visit Fizilbert's Homepage Send Fizilbert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I thought I had saw one made for use with Campaign Cartographer somewhere, but I can't be sure.

Fiz
Level 10 Vice-president
World of Elethril
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2010 :  07:06:32  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bumpage.

I've heard from a couple of fellas about a decent map...anyone else?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000