Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Looking for Monster Lists...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sylrae
Learned Scribe

Canada
313 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2010 :  00:06:25  Show Profile Send Sylrae a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
What sorts of creatures (other than elves, half-elves, or humans) inhabit the following places:

Dalelands
Cormyr
Cormanthor
Moonsea
Sembia

I'm looking for things that I can use to put together sensical encounters, but Primarily I'm looking for what sorts of exotic creatures I may allow as player options in an upcoming campaign.

Random Encounter tables will be useful as well, if you can tell me where to look for a given table.

The campaign is going to start in 1385DR (Pre-Tarsakh), and then continuing in 714 DR. They'll get to Myth Drannor just in time to witness the Deaths of Aulmpiter and Fflar Starbrow Melruth. Then I'm going to continue from there.

So anything close to either time period will be useful to me.

Sylrae's Forgotten Realms Fan-Lore Index, with public commenting access to make for easier improvement (WIP)

Edited by - Sylrae on 13 Jul 2010 00:08:38

Dracons
Learned Scribe

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2010 :  00:41:01  Show Profile  Visit Dracons's Homepage Send Dracons a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not sure.

I think alot of drow and green dragons are in Cormanthor. Likely see a beholder or two in Moonsea.

Sorry I can't help.

I love PMs! Please send me a message. Even if its Hi.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2010 :  01:47:44  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There are complete lists and tables in the Elminster's Ecologies - hopefully the ones on that link are the pertinent ones.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2010 :  01:55:06  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's a fairly tall order.

The easiest way to begin to tackle it would be, I think, for you to download the relevant PDFs for the regions you're asking about, here:- http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/downloads

A search of those relevant PDFs should provide you with a basic listing of possible monster encounters for at least the first three regions. For the Moonsea and Sembia, I'd have to dig through my books for those.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Gray Richardson
Master of Realmslore

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2010 :  03:25:11  Show Profile  Visit Gray Richardson's Homepage Send Gray Richardson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There was also a really nifty booklet of random encounters cross indexed by environment and location that was packaged with the 3e Forgotten Realms DM Screen. It was impressive in its scope. I remember consulting it often when my characters were traveling around Faerūn.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2010 :  05:17:34  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sage, Sembia was also covered in the EE products - it was in the settled lands booklet.

Moonsea info is in several places - not sure if MoM had encounter tables (but given the crunch-heavy bent of that tome, it should have). The south coast of the Moonsea is slightly covered by the Settled Lands EE booklet. Thar had its own booklet as well, and that's the Moonsea north. You really can't get better monster and animal info then from those EE booklets.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2010 :  06:08:25  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Moonsea info is in several places - not sure if MoM had encounter tables (but given the crunch-heavy bent of that tome, it should have).
I can't recall any. Most of the monstrous creature encounters were included in the individual chapter entries for each city/region.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 13 Jul 2010 06:08:52
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000