Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Another casting call for a live-action FR film
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Doc Filth
Seeker

55 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2010 :  20:50:30  Show Profile  Visit Doc Filth's Homepage Send Doc Filth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
David Tennamt in full 'Casanova' mode as Danilo Thann?
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2010 :  22:10:38  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, Halaster needs to be played by someone who can do a truly convincing maniac - Jack Nicholson

You know that scene where he does "Hereeeee's Johnny!"? Now picture a disembodied head popping up in Undermountain saying "Hereeeeee's Halaster!"

Unfortunately Kelly Lebrock (Weird Science) has gotten too old - that scene where her hair is blowing all over the place is how I always picture the Simbul.

I guess Angelina Jolee could do the same.

Michael Douglas as Piergeiron the Paladinson - he'd also make a damn fine Azoun

Triple 'H' as Wulfgar

Emily Browning as Cattie Brie (can she be any more perfect for that role?)

Danny DeVito as Regis.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 11 Jun 2010 23:43:11
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2010 :  01:13:48  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just to toss out some more actors for people to find roles for...

Kevin Bacon
Jackie Chan
Katherine Heigl (though some question her acting ability)
Gerard Butler
Will Smith
Betty White

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 12 Jun 2010 01:38:10
Go to Top of Page

Ruul
Seeker

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2010 :  01:44:23  Show Profile  Visit Ruul's Homepage Send Ruul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Betty White as Ao!!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2010 :  02:22:24  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Doc Filth

David Tennamt in full 'Casanova' mode as Danilo Thann?

I suggested Tennant for the role of Danilo earlier.
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

No, Halaster needs to be played by someone who can do a truly convincing maniac - Jack Nicholson

You know that scene where he does "Hereeeee's Johnny!"? Now picture a disembodied head popping up in Undermountain saying "Hereeeeee's Halaster!"
Thanks Markus, I'll definitely have nightmares tonight.

Plus, aside from the Joker of the Batman Animated Series, Nicholson's Joker was the only other version I cared for.
quote:
Michael Douglas as Piergeiron the Paladinson - he'd also make a damn fine Azoun
His father would've made a great Azoun, I think.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2010 :  02:24:56  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kilvan

Rickman = Blackstaff? touché my friend (he's probably too attached to another wizard now though)
C'mon....

Robery Downey Jr. has the look down. Khelben was supposed to be somewhat handsome.

I thought of Allan Rickman as more of an Elaith Craulnober

quote:
Originally posted by Kilvan

Ugh, Keanu Reeves? Really? Some people still like him even after Constantine and the second and third Matrix? Just because he played in a movie with Jack Nicholson and Diane Keaton doesn't make him a good actor.
Which is why I thought maybe Kane from Damara would be better - the guy has no personality either.

Brittney Spears as Aluisar

Although given her penchant for 'accidental' wardrobe malfunctions, she might be good as a young Simbul.

EDIT:
Chiaki Kuriama for Danica Maupoissant of the Cleric Quintet - she played Gogo Yubari in Kill Bill

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 12 Jun 2010 02:37:47
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2010 :  02:26:03  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm heading into villains' territory for these suggestions...
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Kevin Bacon
I think he'd make for an interesting Artemis Entreri.
quote:
Katherine Heigl (though some question her acting ability)
Oh, Cassana, easily.
quote:
Gerard Butler
Hmmm. Aballister Bonaduce?

Edited by - The Sage on 12 Jun 2010 02:27:07
Go to Top of Page

Thauramarth
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
729 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2010 :  08:57:13  Show Profile Send Thauramarth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Gerard Butler
Hmmm. Aballister Bonaduce?

How about Bran Skorlsun? I've seen Butler in Rock 'n Rolla, and he is able to do this "in your face" behaviour that the Blackstaff very much loved.

A couple more suggestions: Alias / Cassana / Jade / Cat : Angelina Jolie.

We also DEFINITELY need to get Jeremy Irons a part, to atone for the Dungeons and Dragons Movie. I can see him as plenty: Khelben, Manshoon, Lauzoril, Finder Wyvernspur. I could also see him as an older Tristan Kendrick.

And of course, there can be only one to play Olive Ruskettle: Meredith Eaton.

Giogi Wyvernspur. How about Jason Biggs?

And we also, definitely, most certainly, absolutely, need something for Christopher Walken. He could do any disturbing old wizard - doubting between Halaster (although the earlier suggestion of Jack Nicholson does make sense) and Szass Tam. Oh hell, Szass Tam it is. Or Lord Sixx.

Edited by - Thauramarth on 12 Jun 2010 09:43:32
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2010 :  10:12:00  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thauramarth

And we also, definitely, most certainly, absolutely, need something for Christopher Walken. He could do any disturbing old wizard - doubting between Halaster (although the earlier suggestion of Jack Nicholson does make sense) and Szass Tam. Oh hell, Szass Tam it is. Or Lord Sixx.

For Walken, I'm thinking Fzoul Chembryl.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2010 :  15:39:40  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How about Robert DeNiro and Al Pacino?

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Kilvan
Senior Scribe

Canada
894 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2010 :  15:44:00  Show Profile Send Kilvan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Al Pacino as Sememmon maybe?
Go to Top of Page

Thauramarth
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
729 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2010 :  19:28:58  Show Profile Send Thauramarth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Thauramarth

For Walken, I'm thinking Fzoul Chembryl.

Hmmm... nice. He's already done the moustache on a couple of occasions. On the other hand, there are no known occasions of Fzoul and Szass Tam ever appearing on screen together , he could do both. A bit like Peter Sellars in Dr. Strangelove.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2010 :  22:38:40  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tom Cruise as an Elven bard who likes jumping on couches and prancing about in his small clothes?

Summer Glau would be my choice for Alias.

Kevin Costner for Elaith Craulnober? I really don't appreciate most of his work - he's too 'dry' - but I think he has the right look for that part.

Liam Neelson as anyone from the Moonshaes.

Bruce Willis as... ummm... some guy who almost gets killed and blows stuff up a lot?

Go to Top of Page

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2010 :  05:20:57  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Me, I'd say this, characters to the left, and actors to the right.
Drizzt Do'Urden: Elijah Wood
Bruenor Battlehammer: Russel Crowe
Cattie Brie: Anna Paquin (as previously mentioned), Ellen Page, or Jewel Staite
Wulfgar: Chris Hemsworth or Chris Pine
Artemis Entreri: Hugh Jackman or Clive Owen. Could just as well see myself in the role if I make it in the acting business (Rather impossible, but who knows?)

Arilyn Moonblade: Kate Beckinsdale or Morena Baccarin
Danilo Thann: Sean Astin
Elaith Craulnober: Hugo Weaving. Sure, he's played an elf, but why not a villainous one now?

Elminster: Hugh Laurie
Storm Silverhand: Miranda Otto
The Symbul: Angelina Jolie
Alustriel: Kate Blanchett
Qilue Veladorn: Unkown
Dove Falconhand: Unknown
Sylune: Unknown
Laeral: Claudia Black
Szass Tamm: CGI as a lich, voiced by Frank Welker. Alive, probably portrayed by Jeremy Sisto.
Halaster Blackcloak: Sir Ian McKellan

Erevis Cale: Vin Diesel

Galuf's Baldur's Gate NPC stats: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8823
Galuf's 3.5 Ed. Cleric Domains: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14036
Galuf's Homebrew 4th Edition Races: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13787
Galuf's Homebrew Specialty Priest PrCs: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14353
Galuf's Forgotten Realms Heralds and Allies thread: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8766

Edited by - Galuf the Dwarf on 14 Jun 2010 06:03:12
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2010 :  05:46:06  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Galuf the Dwarf

Arilyn Moonblade: Kate Beckinsdale or Morena Baccarin
Second choice, definitely.
quote:
Danilo Thann: Sean Astin
That's not a bad fit, actually. Kinda surprised I didn't think of that myself.
quote:
Elaith Craulnober: Hugo Weaving. Sure, he's played an elf, but why not a villainous one now?
I can see that, too.
quote:
Szass Tamm: CGI as a lich, voiced by Frank Welker. Alive, probably portrayed by Jeremy Sisto.
Great choice for the voice.
quote:
Erevis Cale: Vin Diesel
Another good one too.

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2010 :  06:23:28  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Michael Sheen as Telamont

Johnny Depp as the young El

Jamie Campbell Bower as Khelben

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2010 :  06:27:32  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I think Vin Diesel looks too big to be Cale. Needs to shed some muscles.

Go to Top of Page

Sill Alias
Senior Scribe

Kazakhstan
588 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2010 :  07:31:18  Show Profile  Visit Sill Alias's Homepage Send Sill Alias a Private Message  Reply with Quote
About J.Depp as El. He may play the old one too, I think. Actor has no need to be old to play old man.

You can hear many tales from many mouths. The most difficult is to know which of them are not lies. - Sill Alias

"May your harp be unstrung, your dreams die and all your songs be unsung." - curse of the harper, The Code of the Harpers 2 ed.

Edited by - Sill Alias on 14 Jun 2010 07:34:44
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2010 :  07:51:58  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Haven't seen Depp portraying an old man. But given the chance, I think he'll be a good old El too...

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2010 :  09:42:19  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Harrison Ford as Randal Morn

Sophia Loren as Queen Filfaeril Obarskyr

The guy who played Davy Jones as an Illithid... if he hasn't thrown out the costume...

And the guy who played Capt. Barbosa - we GOT to give THAT GUY a part - I think he out-shone Johnny Depp in places. Maybe he can be capt Deudermont (sp?)

Maybe the women who played Calisto as Quilue, but I'm still loving Halle berry for that part.

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2010 :  14:30:09  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with whoever had Kate Beckinsale as The Simbul...

which means that:

Storm has to be - Rhona Mitra.....her characters from Underworld Rise of the Lycans and Doomsday, have the right edge for Storm....and looks like Kates sister.

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2010 :  14:54:22  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like the Vin Diesel option for Cale as well as the Steve Austin option (face it, he is an actor now)

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Knight of the Gate
Senior Scribe

USA
624 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2010 :  15:35:48  Show Profile Send Knight of the Gate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, what about Chris Walken as Elminster? Include a big song and dance number (during a battle?) with El and the Simbul crushing an army as they twirl about the sky. El is supposed to be an excellent dancer, and CW is amazing on his feet... I smell Oscar.

Chris Walken dancing in Fatboy slim video for those who may not believe his dancing abilities are mind-blowing.

How can life be so bountiful, providing such sublime rewards for mediocrity? -Umberto Ecco

Edited by - Knight of the Gate on 14 Jun 2010 15:44:52
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2010 :  16:35:21  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm, you know, for Drizzt, I have just a couple of choices- the guy who played nightcrawler in X-2. can't remember his name off-hand. Or perhaps the guy playing Nauda from Hellboy 2. Or, maybe- Ray Parks? He DID kick butt as Darth Maul and Mr. Headless from Sleepy Hollow, after all, and I could see him with the two scimies!

Pwent- maybe A CG with Frank Oz doing the voice? Crazy, something between Animal and Fozzy....

Oh, and Regis would be Warwick Davis, of course! (A little derivitive, I know, but c'mon, who BETTER to play a halfling?!!)

Gary Oldman for Halaster? He's really creepy....

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2010 :  16:41:19  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Could work.

quote:
The guy who played Davy Jones as an Illithid... if he hasn't thrown out the costume...

Bill Nighy

quote:
And the guy who played Capt. Barbosa - we GOT to give THAT GUY a part - I think he out-shone Johnny Depp in places. Maybe he can be capt Deudermont (sp?)

Geoffrey Rush is that actor.

quote:
Maybe the women who played Calisto as Quilue, but I'm still loving Halle berry for that part.

If you mean Callisto from Xena: Warrior Princess, then that actress's name is Hudson Leick. If you mean the Marvel Comics character that appeared in X-Men: The Last Stand, you mean Dania Ramirez.

Galuf's Homebrew 4th Edition Races: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13787
Galuf's Homebrew Specialty Priest PrCs: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14353
Galuf's Forgotten Realms Heralds and Allies thread: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8766
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2010 :  16:51:28  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Could work.

quote:

Bill Nighy

quote:

Geoffrey Rush is that actor.

quote:

If you mean Callisto from Xena: Warrior Princess, then that actress's name is Hudson Leick. If you mean the Marvel Comics character that appeared in X-Men: The Last Stand, you mean Dania Ramirez.

I think he means Calypso/Tia Dalma from Pirates (Naomie Harris).

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2010 :  16:53:44  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart
I think he means Calypso/Tia Dalma from Pirates (Naomie Harris).

Perhaps. I just wish he 1) gave more notice to the source material, and 2) was a little more careful with his spelling...

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2010 :  21:13:08  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Meryl Streep as the Srinshee

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2010 :  23:06:50  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Matthew Goode as Khelben...In Leap Year (not so in Chasing Liberty) he looks like Khelben.

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2010 :  01:20:51  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Since I was discussing PotC actors, I thought it would be rather obvious who I meant - although I misspelled it.

Calypso - in her human form she was known as Tia Dalma - she would make a very cool Qilue.

And since we are looking for actors with some SciFy/Fantasy chops - the two actors from the Highlanders series/movies...

Christopher Lambert
Adrian Paul

Don't know where to use them - they'd both make rather cool Elves or Drow.

Edited by - Markustay on 15 Jun 2010 06:56:27
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000