Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Another casting call for a live-action FR film
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2010 :  05:43:27  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Rather than take up any more room in Erik's scroll, I thought it best to address the issue on a new shelf. It's worth noting that we originally started casting Realms NPCs in the roles of characters from the Jay & Silent Bob films. But that quickly expanded into a general casting call.

Here's the latest:-
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

Alan Rickman as Khelben Arunsun? Dude, SOLD!

It's a shame George Carlin is no longer around, because that man was born to play Elminster.

Cheers

quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

quote:

Alan Rickman as Khelben Arunsun? Dude, SOLD!

It's a shame George Carlin is no longer around, because that man was born to play Elminster.

Cheers

I think Sean Connery would be awesome, but he's probably too over-used for fantasy (he was a dragon, after all).

That guy who played Gandalf - he had a bit of a 'lecherous grin' - but that, too, would be derivitive. Besides, he might make a better Szass Tam (think pre-Lich and Magneto)

How about John Cleese? Strange choice, I know, but I think it would work. Nicol Williamson (the guy who played Merlin in Excalibur) is still alive, and Ed has described Elminster as being very much like that character. He hasn't done anything since 1997 though, and there might be some health issues there.

I used to think Johnny Depp would make a great Drizzt, but the more I think about his Pirate costume, the more I'm seeing him as Jarlaxle.

Although Will Turner (Orlando Bloom) actually had the right hat.

Sam Eliott is probably too old, but he's got the Moustache to play Fzoul.
quote:

[gawks]

Oh gods, what have I done?

Evangeline Lilly as Arilyn Moonblade!

(There, I said it!)

Oh, and regarding Jay and Silent Bob:

Shannon Elizabeth, Eliza Dushku, and Ali Larter are totally three of the Seven Sisters. (Storm, the Simbul, and Alustriel respectively?)

Oh and Sean William Scott as Torm.

Cheers

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2010 :  05:49:07  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Alan Rickman as Khelben would be awesome! Of course, I'd also like to see him as either Sememmon or Manshoon. I've seen Rickman play a good guy, but I love him as a villain.

Don't forget to find a role for the guy that played Dante. Even if was a bit part, he was in all the Jay & Silent Bob flicks.

Dante = Volothamp Geddarm

Another excellent choice!

He's not been in any Kevin Smith flicks, but since he was brought up in another thread, I think we need to find a role for Hugh Jackman.

In terms of appearance, I'd think he'd make a passable Artus Cimber. Or maybe Fyodor. Or, better yet, Giogi Wyvernspur!

I don't know... Hugh's got the bardic chops. Bleach his hair, he could be Danilo.

No, no, no... I've got David Tennant [the Tenth Doctor of BBC's Doctor Who] pegged as Danilo Thann. He's got the looks and personality for it.

By the way, did you see THIS?

And I can definitely see Ms. Lilly as Arilyn.

Now, we know Cate Blanchett HAS to be one of the Seven Sisters. Question is, which one? Laeral? Alustriel? Syluné?
I really think Blanchett would work as Laeral, personally. Especially given Laeral's portrayal in Blackstaff.
quote:
Here's my ideal for the Seven:

Syluné - Zooey Deschanel
Good choice! But I'm biased anyway. Anything with Ms. Deschanel is an instant win for me.
quote:
Dove - Keira Knightley
Storm - Scarlett Johannson
I would've swapped the casting choice around for these two... in pre-Iron Man 2 days. But the post-Johannson-Black Widow match-up has convinced me otherwise.
quote:
Laeral - Bryce Dallas Howard
I'd actually think she'd be a more appropriate choice for Syluné. Howard has an almost ethereal aspect to her acting skill, which would tie-in nicely with the Lady of Shadowdale.
quote:
The Simbul - Kate Beckinsale
Qilué - Zoe Saldana
Both work for me.

Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2010 :  05:49:29  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good thread Sage - I think the first thing we are going to need to do is make a list of every major Realms NPC and then assign an actor to them.

My first contribution - John Rhys-Davies (Sliders) for Vangerdehast. A bit over-used by ScyFy network, but he has the look.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 11 Jun 2010 05:56:04
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2010 :  05:54:09  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All because I had to jump on a reference to Kevin Smith...

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Knight of the Gate
Senior Scribe

USA
624 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2010 :  06:01:53  Show Profile Send Knight of the Gate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't care who plays anyone else, so long as Rip Torn is Durnan and John Goodman is Mirt.

How can life be so bountiful, providing such sublime rewards for mediocrity? -Umberto Ecco
Go to Top of Page

Darkmeer
Senior Scribe

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2010 :  06:02:14  Show Profile  Visit Darkmeer's Homepage Send Darkmeer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Robin Williams as Volo.

Okay, probably not what others might think but I think he could work marvelously for Volo.

Others include John Stamos as Joel the Rebel Bard (Cleric of Finder Wyvernspur)...

Okay, I'm going for the comedians, it must be time for bed. I'll think of someone for Alusair soon, as well as Caladenei... just have to figure out who would be best.

I'll sleep on it

/d

"These people are my family, not just friends, and if you want to get to them you gotta go through ME."
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2010 :  06:10:00  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
(For the record, I apologize to everyone for the madness!)

I still say Kevin Smith as Mirt the Moneylender. Just sayin'!

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Knight of the Gate
Senior Scribe

USA
624 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2010 :  06:34:57  Show Profile Send Knight of the Gate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dude, K.S. is nowhere *near* stout enough to be Mirt. No, it will have to be Mr. Goodman.

How can life be so bountiful, providing such sublime rewards for mediocrity? -Umberto Ecco
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2010 :  06:52:23  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Vin Diesel as Manshoon.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Knight of the Gate
Senior Scribe

USA
624 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2010 :  06:53:55  Show Profile Send Knight of the Gate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Vin Diesel as Manshoon.

BWAHAHA

I was thinking George Clooney, but VD for sure!

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2010 :  06:54:51  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How about Kirstie Alley as Mirt?

We need links, people - I don't know actors by name, only face.

How about Christian Bale for Erevis Cale?

Vin Diesal is all wrong for Manshoon - a Wizard is basicaly a weakling in a dress. That's why they learn magic - to keep the other kids from taking their lunch money.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 11 Jun 2010 09:07:04
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2010 :  06:55:20  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's the voice man... That psychotic stare he can pull off and the deep voice, he could definitely pull it off.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2010 :  07:12:32  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think a younger Christopher Lee could've easily handled the character of Manshoon.

Seriously.

Go to Top of Page

Knight of the Gate
Senior Scribe

USA
624 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2010 :  07:44:14  Show Profile Send Knight of the Gate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can anyone give me a quick tutorial to hypertext on CK, or is that in the FAQ?

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2010 :  09:05:30  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
you put URL= between 2 brackets like this - [], and the address of the pic/site after the = (also between those brackets). On this site (an no other AFAIK) you have to also put quotes around the address, after the = and also between those brackets.

Ergo, you will wind-up with something like this - {url="fakeaddress.com"} ...but you will use [] instead of {}

Then you put whatever words you want as the link after that, like so -
{url="fakeaddress.com"}This is the Linky text
EXCEPT that you will use [] instead of {}

And lastly, you have to put {/url} at the end, once again between 2 brackets [] . It should all be continuous - you shouldn't put things on seperate lines, although it may happen anyway if the web address is really long.

Edited by - Markustay on 11 Jun 2010 10:00:54
Go to Top of Page

Knight of the Gate
Senior Scribe

USA
624 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2010 :  09:18:37  Show Profile Send Knight of the Gate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Soooooooo.... John Goodman Like so?

EDIT: Thanks, MT.
And tell me that's not Mirt.

Edited by - Knight of the Gate on 11 Jun 2010 09:19:21
Go to Top of Page

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2010 :  09:47:30  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Clint for Durnan, Eli Wallach for Mirt.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2010 :  10:11:40  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Donald Sutherland would also make a great Elminster - he has a mischievious grin as well. Both him and his son Kiefer would be great in a Realms film (although I picture Kiefer as a Zhent agent).

Maybe Keanu Reeves as Erevis... or perhaps Kane...

Sean Connery for Azoun, for sure. It has to be a 'sexy old dude'.

Anthony Hopkins (Hannibal Lector) would make a great Manshoon.

Ben Affleck as any silly Harper-boy

Paris Hilton as a lich... maybe a skeleton... or maybe her buddy Nicole Richie as a skeleton...

Edited by - Markustay on 11 Jun 2010 10:14:58
Go to Top of Page

Matt James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2010 :  10:57:12  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Paris Hilton with dark hair for an avatar of Lolth...
Go to Top of Page

Kilvan
Senior Scribe

Canada
894 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2010 :  13:00:25  Show Profile Send Kilvan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matt James

Paris Hilton with dark hair for an avatar of Lolth...

Wouldn't we want people to take this movie seriously?

As for Vin Diesel for Manshoon, they could go for a Darth-Vader-style and just cast him for his voice and use a frail man for the body.

Rickman = Blackstaff? touché my friend (he's probably too attached to another wizard now though)

Edited by - Kilvan on 11 Jun 2010 13:12:16
Go to Top of Page

Kilvan
Senior Scribe

Canada
894 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2010 :  13:09:57  Show Profile Send Kilvan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Donald Sutherland would also make a great Elminster - he has a mischievious grin as well. Both him and his son Kiefer would be great in a Realms film (although I picture Kiefer as a Zhent agent).

I totally agree, and I hope Keifer would have to say things like: There's no time! You're gonna have to trust me on this! Tell me now! (then stabs a knife in some guy' leg)

quote:
Maybe Keanu Reeves as Erevis... or perhaps Kane...

Ugh, Keanu Reeves? Really? Some people still like him even after Constantine and the second and third Matrix? Just because he played in a movie with Jack Nicholson and Diane Keaton doesn't make him a good actor.

quote:
Sean Connery for Azoun, for sure. It has to be a 'sexy old dude'.

I could see that, might be weird with the scottish accent though (or do we have that in the realms too?)

quote:
Anthony Hopkins (Hannibal Lector) would make a great Manshoon.

Ben Affleck as any silly Harper-boy

Indeed

quote:
Paris Hilton as a lich... maybe a skeleton... or maybe her buddy Nicole Richie as a skeleton...

Now that is more in their talent's range. They already have lost all meat on their bones, all we'd need is to rid them of their skin, and there you go!
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2010 :  13:55:22  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tammy Fay Baker right before she died could play Szazz Tam. She looked just like him.

John Malkovich should be Manshoon. Or one of the real Bad A**** of the Realms.

The real question is WHO would play HALASTER BLACKCLOAK?

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2010 :  13:56:46  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

You answered your own question.

Christopher Eccleston

Ashe's Character Sheet

Go to Top of Page

Ruul
Seeker

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2010 :  14:00:47  Show Profile  Visit Ruul's Homepage Send Ruul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

Tammy Fay Baker right before she died could play Szazz Tam. She looked just like him.

John Malkovich should be Manshoon. Or one of the real Bad A**** of the Realms.

Come on Brimstone! It can be none other than Gary Busey.
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2010 :  14:25:26  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Christopher Keith Irvine as Thann maybe

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

Ruul
Seeker

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2010 :  15:08:02  Show Profile  Visit Ruul's Homepage Send Ruul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cattie Brie - Anna Paquin
Kelemvor - Russel Crowe
Cyric - the Situation hahaha
Go to Top of Page

Drizztsmanchild
Learned Scribe

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2010 :  15:23:18  Show Profile  Visit Drizztsmanchild's Homepage Send Drizztsmanchild a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hugh Jackman as Entreri......
Rain(I know questionable name korean action star and just emo enough to play him)as Drizzt
Daniel Craig as Elaith
Patrick Stewart as Manshoon
It sucks that he died..but Heath Ledger would have been awesome as Halaster or Entreri as well.
Brad pitt as Danilo
Liam Neeson as Jarlaxle....sorry Depp just to goofy.
Orlando bloom as any elf warrior.
Helen Bonham Carter as the Symbul
And the guy who played Dumbledore as Vandergahast

Go to Top of Page

Ruul
Seeker

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2010 :  15:32:38  Show Profile  Visit Ruul's Homepage Send Ruul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Drizztsmanchild

Hugh Jackman as Entreri......
Rain(I know questionable name korean action star and just emo enough to play him)as Drizzt
Daniel Craig as Elaith
Patrick Stewart as Manshoon
It sucks that he died..but Heath Ledger would have been awesome as Halaster or Entreri as well.
Brad pitt as Danilo
Liam Neeson as Jarlaxle....sorry Depp just to goofy.
Orlando bloom as any elf warrior.
Helen Bonham Carter as the Symbul
And the guy who played Dumbledore as Vandergahast

I'd say Ryan Reynolds as Jarlaxle.
Go to Top of Page

Darkmeer
Senior Scribe

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2010 :  17:07:54  Show Profile  Visit Darkmeer's Homepage Send Darkmeer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Knight of the Gate

Soooooooo.... John Goodman Like so?

EDIT: Thanks, MT.
And tell me that's not Mirt.

Wow. That looks exactly like what I think Mirt the Moneylender looks like. Nice catch there Knight.

/d

"These people are my family, not just friends, and if you want to get to them you gotta go through ME."
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2010 :  18:32:24  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN AS EREVIS CALE!!!!

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Elfinblade
Senior Scribe

Norway
377 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2010 :  18:48:24  Show Profile Send Elfinblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry, but after it was mentioned in Ed's thread some time back, i can't see anyone portraying Mirt other than Brian Blessed

http://www.theforce.net/episode1/oldpreq/pics/brian.jpg

Szass Tam: The guy who played the monster in Pan's labyrinth, The silver surfer, and the aqua guy in Hellboy etc: Doug Jones

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/uploads/11043/doug_jones.jpg
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000