Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Aquatic Elves in the Sword Coast?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

woodwwad
Learned Scribe

USA
267 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2010 :  19:11:46  Show Profile  Visit woodwwad's Homepage Send woodwwad a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Are there any Aquatic Elves colonies anywhere on or off the sword coast? In the Races of Faerun book, it only lists their regions as being Aglarond, Dragon Coast, Impiltur, Sembia, & Vilhon Reach. Any info would be helpful, thanks.

Check out my reviews on youtube of Forgotten Realms and other rpg products. http://www.youtube.com/user/woodwwad?feature=mhum

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 31 May 2010 :  22:12:47  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Demihumans of the Realms says that there are a lot of nomadic groups throughout the open seas, as well as the great Coral Kingdom in the Great/Trackless Sea. There's another city between the CK and Evermeet called Iumanthiashae, and there are also "many" sea elf colonies off the coast of Tethyr.

From either Calimport or Empires of the Shining Sands (can't remember which) we learn that there are also a number of sea elves in the Shining Sea. I think they live in Ajuuntal along with a second race, and I know they recently stripped the pasha's monstrous warship (which sank under its own weight) of all its weapons and treasure

See also Demihuman Deities for info on Thunderfoam, another sea elven kingdom in the Trackless Sea. It's built near and inside a semi-active volcano.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2010 :  00:04:00  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In Dragon 267 there is a small realm of Nindrol around the isle of Toaridge-of-the-Sun's-Setting, that's the closest.

Races of Faerun missed most of their realms it seems.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2010 :  01:14:17  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Elaine's books have included aquatic elves from the Sea of Swords.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2010 :  01:25:35  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Both the Evermeet sourcebook and novel have a few tidbits on aquatic/sea elves too.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
Senior Scribe

South Africa
728 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2010 :  07:39:28  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In Mel Odom's Threat from the Sea trilogy, there is also a displaced community of aquatic/sea elves living in Waterdeep's harbour. I'm currently AFB, so I can't recall where they were displaced from, but I do know that they either fled when Iakhovas came to power among the sahuagin of the Sea of Swords, or earlier when he was discovered/awakened by the malenti priestess.
Edit: There is indeed a reference to sea elves in the harbour:
quote:
Rising Tide by Mel Odom, Chapter IV

Surface dwellers occupied the fortifications and towers above the harbor waters. Mermen, mermaids, and sea elves kept patrol in the depths.
The displaced community was of mermen:
quote:
Rising Tide by Mel Odom, Chapter XXVIII

"The prophecy," Narros went on, "told us that we might fail in protecting the circlet from the Taker, but it never mentioned at what cost. After it was over, we cared for our dead, then we swam for Waterdeep."

Lost for words? Find them in the Glossary of Phrases, Sayings & Words of the Realms

Edited by - Kyrene on 01 Jun 2010 16:30:51
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000