Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Speculation on the Last Mythal crew...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jordanz
Senior Scribe

553 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2010 :  07:44:35  Show Profile  Visit jordanz's Homepage Send jordanz a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Possible spoilers for those who did not read the Last Mythal Trilogy

text below...

Araevin- I wonder how the spellplague affect him.As a walking repository for High Elven magic, I would assume he was like a metal tower during a thunderstorm.... For his sake I hope he was off in some distant plane when it happened.

Malkizid - I never realized how powerful and ancient this guy was until I read the writeup in wiki. Well maybe it's time for a comeback. I would love to see Erervis Cale come back just to oppose him.

Captain Fflar - He's still young. I wonder were he could be? Is he even alive?

Also would like to know what ever happened to the rest of the crew...

Anyone here have news or speculation as to their current whereabouts?

Edited by - jordanz on 09 May 2010 07:51:43

redmaylily
Acolyte

China
2 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2010 :  08:23:34  Show Profile  Visit redmaylily's Homepage Send redmaylily a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1. AS far as I know, Araevin Teshurr made his final appearance on the ¡¶Grand History of the Realms¡·P159:

"1380 DR Year of the Blazing Hand
¡ª The High Mage Araevin Teshurr completes the restoration of Myth Drannor¡¯s mythal and, after visits to Waterdeep, Aglarond, and Sildëyuir, sets out for the hidden realm of Auseriel. There he meets and befriends Prince Lamruil. The two elves leave Auseriel in the care of Lamruil¡¯s seneschal and depart in search of the missing Princess Maura, set on the trail by the mysterious prophecy revealed by Araevin¡¯s magic."

In novel ¡¶Last Mythal 03£ºFinal Gate¡·epilogue, he left Myth Drannor in 20 Marpenoth, the Year of the Blazing Hand£¨1380 DR£©¡£So I guess Araevin and Prince Lamruil perhaps was not in Faerun during the spellplague.

2. In novel ¡¶Last Mythal¡·, Malkizid was completely destroyed.

3. In 4e novel¡¶Blades of the Moonsea 01£ºSwordmage¡·mentioned that Geran'd earned a sword in the service of Coronal Ilsevele soon after arriving in Myth Drannor£¬so Ilsevele Miritar must find a way to survive the spellplague.

Edited by - redmaylily on 09 May 2010 08:24:54
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2010 :  09:18:09  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In book 3 of Blades of the Moonsea: Avenger, Ilsevele Miritar is still Coronal.

You might want to Ask Rich.

I don't think he post's here at the Keep, maybe his Ask Thread on the WotC forums.

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

jordanz
Senior Scribe

553 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2010 :  16:58:30  Show Profile  Visit jordanz's Homepage Send jordanz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by redmaylily

1. AS far as I know, Araevin Teshurr made his final appearance on the ¡¶Grand History of the Realms¡·P159:

"1380 DR Year of the Blazing Hand
¡ª The High Mage Araevin Teshurr completes the restoration of Myth Drannor¡¯s mythal and, after visits to Waterdeep, Aglarond, and Sildëyuir, sets out for the hidden realm of Auseriel. There he meets and befriends Prince Lamruil. The two elves leave Auseriel in the care of Lamruil¡¯s seneschal and depart in search of the missing Princess Maura, set on the trail by the mysterious prophecy revealed by Araevin¡¯s magic."

In novel ¡¶Last Mythal 03£ºFinal Gate¡·epilogue, he left Myth Drannor in 20 Marpenoth, the Year of the Blazing Hand£¨1380 DR£©¡£So I guess Araevin and Prince Lamruil perhaps was not in Faerun during the spellplague.

2. In novel ¡¶Last Mythal¡·, Malkizid was completely destroyed.

3. In 4e novel¡¶Blades of the Moonsea 01£ºSwordmage¡·mentioned that Geran'd earned a sword in the service of Coronal Ilsevele soon after arriving in Myth Drannor£¬so Ilsevele Miritar must find a way to survive the spellplague.

Thanks for the updates but Malkizid as far as I can remember was not destroyed. He was sucked into the mystical rift/vortex.....
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2010 :  18:29:55  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you for that reassurance regarding Malkizid, jordanz... so many perfectly good (evil?) villains were killed off in the transition to 4E... Soneillon, Halaster, Wulgreth (both; one of them permanently), and others who aren't coming to mind atm... sigh...

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.

Edited by - Jakk on 09 May 2010 18:30:38
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2010 :  20:45:19  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fflar is prince consort.
and Mr. Baker said the Scarred one was not destroyed but imprisoned between realms or so.

Yeah we did ask

sorry I cant produce a link, so all of this is IIRC.
but it was in the ask the devs thread in the Frealms GEn forums.

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2010 :  21:54:49  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Malkizid was 'killed' in 2006.

A YEAR BEFORE 4E was announced...

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

jordanz
Senior Scribe

553 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2010 :  01:35:42  Show Profile  Visit jordanz's Homepage Send jordanz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm if an adventurer was brave and enterprising it mighthave been worth it to venture back to Malkizid's palace in the farthest reach. There is no telling what types of artifacts/ Magic treasure he has stashed away. Sure you would have to fight your way through his underlings but that should be a walk in the park compared to having to face the master of the house.
Go to Top of Page

Lady Fellshot
Senior Scribe

USA
379 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2010 :  16:38:49  Show Profile  Visit Lady Fellshot's Homepage Send Lady Fellshot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jordanz

Araevin- I wonder how the spellplague affect him.As a walking repository for High Elven magic, I would assume he was like a metal tower during a thunderstorm.... For his sake I hope he was off in some distant plane when it happened.

I have my doubts on that. Elven High Magic structures (like mythals) seem to have been largely untouched by the spellplague. Something about EHM being under the protection and oversight of Corellon and not Mystra...
Go to Top of Page

The Simbul
Learned Scribe

173 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2010 :  07:20:36  Show Profile  Visit The Simbul's Homepage Send The Simbul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ilsevele and Fflar are both mentioned in the Myth Drannor section of the 4E Campaign Guide as its leaders.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000