Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 The Uthgard and the Balazar
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2010 :  18:31:31  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I was reading through the Griffin Mountain volume of the Gloranthan Classic series. One of the designers of the original Griffin Mountain was Paul Jaquays who also designed the F5 Savage Frontier.

Now to the point; I noticed that the barbarian people in the area of Glorantha where the Griffin Mountain campaign takes place, shares their clan names with the various groupings of the Uthgard. Does anyone have the original Griffin Mountain book for Runequest (published in '81)? I was wondering whether Jaquays repeated his own material in the Realms product or if the clan names have been added to Glorantha (the classic series incorporates bits cut, magazine articles etc)at a later date?

Anyway the parallels is an interesting little detail of trivia and the Balazar could always be used to further develop the Uthgard. Good luck in finding the Classics at a reasonable price though.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000