Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Map sections for y'all
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

Darkmeer
Senior Scribe

USA
505 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2016 :  04:00:38  Show Profile  Visit Darkmeer's Homepage Send Darkmeer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Handsome Rob did do a Zakkhara map, I have a copy in my file. It's northeast tip (of the map) is at Konigheim. Slow to reply, but I have only been checking the 'keep about once every three months or so... more due to lack of gaming than anything else.

"These people are my family, not just friends, and if you want to get to them you gotta go through ME."
Go to Top of Page

Joebing
Learned Scribe

USA
202 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2016 :  07:26:53  Show Profile Send Joebing a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

It wouldn't take me very long at all to put a hex grid on Zakhara - would someone still want that? It wouldn't be my map, though

:/ Would still love to see a Markustay-version of everything, as I feel your maps are superior. Definitely could use a hex grid on your maps that exist. Road distances are a pain on the fly without 95% of my reference material (all in storage 800 miles away until April). I'll put a Zakhara one to use in the spring (Al-Qadim campaign coming up then on my schedule).

Now plugging away on mass conversion to 5e, as well as my imprint J. Halk Games.

http://www.facebook.com/JHalkGames

First adventure on DM Guild: Lair of Elaacrimalicros
Go to Top of Page

tmcvicar2
Acolyte

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2017 :  15:49:46  Show Profile Send tmcvicar2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any chance someone could post (to dropbox preferably) HandsomeRob's full Toril Map. The tif one, the 700mb one I believe it is. I had it on a portable hard drive that got appropriated by the 14 year old for PS4 files. Without asking I might add.

He's outside raking leaves now, pondering his lack of PS4 until Christmas. (it's wrestling season anyway - no time for PS4, or food for that matter).

Thanks in advance.

Ancestors could hear
What is happening now
They would turn in their graves
They would all be ashamed
That the land of the free
Has been written in chains
And I know what I want
When the timing is right
Then I'll take what is mine
I am the clansman

Iron Maiden "The Clansman"
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15675 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2017 :  18:17:13  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I no longer have them myself. I have a few 'pieces', like his lovely Zakhara one, but not the whole thing.

quote:
Originally posted by Joebing

quote:

It wouldn't take me very long at all to put a hex grid on Zakhara - would someone still want that? It wouldn't be my map, though

:/ Would still love to see a Markustay-version of everything, as I feel your maps are superior. Definitely could use a hex grid on your maps that exist. Road distances are a pain on the fly without 95% of my reference material (all in storage 800 miles away until April). I'll put a Zakhara one to use in the spring (Al-Qadim campaign coming up then on my schedule).

I'm working on it. I am currently involved in mapping stuff for three other people's projects (all FR), as well as several of my own 'pet projects' (that will hopefully wind-up on the DMsGuild).

But the main thing I've been working towards for over two years is a set of 'master maps', which thankfully a request by Krash helped me with a great deal (doing the undetailed continental/world map gave me the universal layout I needed for the detailed ones). Thus, moving forward, all my maps should work together (a problem I had in the past - my maps never lined-up quite right). 5e also helped with this, because it brought back the 1e/2e terrain layout (so now I can just pretend the 3e/4e layout never happened).

Eventually, I plan a series of highly detailed, regional maps (like the FRIA maps, only lightyears prettier), each as part of a pdf with an index as to where you can find info on that particular map element. Its a massive undertaking, so I'll probably ask for help from various people* (I've been building-up 'favors' LOL). The way the DMsGuild works, and this new pdf format (for my maps) will allow me to do something I was loathe to do in the past - add homebrewed elements into the maps, because I can put them on separate layers, and also explain them in the text.

*I'm actually considering working closely with the Wiki people to simplify this - they've already done a lot of this groundwork themselves, and I can provide links to the Wiki in the pdf, and those Wiki links will then have the 'sources' listed, just as I plan to do. Its a small, extra step for people wishing to research something, but it would probably save me a tremendous amount of time... which as you all know by now I am TERRIBLE with (I may even have Sage beat at this point).

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 25 Nov 2017 18:19:15
Go to Top of Page

Cards77
Senior Scribe

USA
595 Posts

Posted - 26 Nov 2017 :  01:09:11  Show Profile Send Cards77 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I no longer have them myself. I have a few 'pieces', like his lovely Zakhara one, but not the whole thing.

quote:
Originally posted by Joebing

quote:

I'm working on it. I am currently involved in mapping stuff for three other people's projects (all FR), as well as several of my own 'pet projects' (that will hopefully wind-up on the DMsGuild).

But the main thing I've been working towards for over two years is a set of 'master maps', which thankfully a request by Krash helped me with a great deal (doing the undetailed continental/world map gave me the universal layout I needed for the detailed ones). Thus, moving forward, all my maps should work together (a problem I had in the past - my maps never lined-up quite right). 5e also helped with this, because it brought back the 1e/2e terrain layout (so now I can just pretend the 3e/4e layout never happened).

Eventually, I plan a series of highly detailed, regional maps (like the FRIA maps, only lightyears prettier), each as part of a pdf with an index as to where you can find info on that particular map element. Its a massive undertaking, so I'll probably ask for help from various people* (I've been building-up 'favors' LOL). The way the DMsGuild works, and this new pdf format (for my maps) will allow me to do something I was loathe to do in the past - add homebrewed elements into the maps, because I can put them on separate layers, and also explain them in the text.

*I'm actually considering working closely with the Wiki people to simplify this - they've already done a lot of this groundwork themselves, and I can provide links to the Wiki in the pdf, and those Wiki links will then have the 'sources' listed, just as I plan to do. Its a small, extra step for people wishing to research something, but it would probably save me a tremendous amount of time... which as you all know by now I am TERRIBLE with (I may even have Sage beat at this point).

Wow! That would be like the Holy Grail of all FR maps for me!
Go to Top of Page

Enthusior
Acolyte

Germany
11 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2017 :  10:15:01  Show Profile Send Enthusior a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually the link from GreatInca (cited on previous page) seems still to be working.
So you can just get it here, if I'm not mistaken: https://www.4shared.com/get/c42WYOuice/TorilMap.html
Go to Top of Page

Enthusior
Acolyte

Germany
11 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2017 :  10:18:19  Show Profile Send Enthusior a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, and my scaled hexgrid-edit of Faerūn is still in my dropbox, so feel free to download it as well! https://www.dropbox.com/s/0gqmtxus7fm50s5/Essential%20Faer%C3%BBn%20-%20200dpi.tif?dl=0

Edited by - Enthusior on 07 Dec 2017 10:21:58
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2018 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000