Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 4e FR: A Poll for Spellplague Products
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2010 :  15:43:31  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Poll Question:
If you could have your druthers, which of these products would you most like to see about the Spellplague?

You can ask for multiple of these choices, but which one would you be MOST likely to buy, review, and talk up to your friends?

Please vote and explain your answer in a post, as much as you like!

Also, this is a 4e FR-positive thread. If you don't care or don't want to see anything, please don't vote, and if you don't have any positive feedback, please don't post at all. (Admins, please police this thread rigorously.)

Cheers

Choices:

Realms of the Plague (Spellplague anthology)
The Year of Blue Fire (Spellplague sourcebook)
Grand History-style summation of the Plague and the 15th century
Spellplague-era Adventure
Increased DDI coverage of Spellplague and related topics
I think the spellplague has had sufficient coverage
I''m not sure, but we definitely need something
Multiple products (post your explanation)

(Anonymous Vote)

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"

Edited by - Erik Scott de Bie on 11 Mar 2010 15:44:28

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2010 :  15:58:15  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I voted Multiple Products.

This means basically two products for me: The Year of The Blue Fire to understand the particular details and as a second product the Grand History-style coverage in order to cover up the timeline.

I would only check it out though, not buy it unless te 4e realms will start building up lore for the realms again to the same extent as we had with 2e and 3e. That's after all what I love about the realms.
If this does not happen, the additional spellplague lore would not be of much use for me as there would be no gap between old lore and non-existent new lore.

So these two products would be tremendously useful if the new realms got serious lore-enrichment again.

"You make an intriguing offer, one that is very tempting. It would seem that I have little alternative than to answer thusly: DISINTEGRATE!" Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick 625
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2010 :  16:21:11  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I also went with Multiple Products. An in-depth look into the spellplague done in a style similar to what was done with the Time of Troubles (a trilogoy of novels surrounding the events along with an adventure equivalent). Added to this I would like a Realms of the Plague anthology to get short stories happening around the realms during this time (a story set in Maztica as it leaves Toril, a story about Abeir as it arrives on Toril, Halruaa, Plaguewrought Lands, etc...). And of course a sourcebook which could have lots of fluff info, and a Chapter detailing an extensive variety of Spellscars for PCs to choose from (should they choose to or end up with one).

Reason I am going with multiple is because I'm super greedy for more and more realms products. The more the merrier (as long as you don't charge too much for each, so I can afford to pay that and my mortgage lol)

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2010 :  17:52:55  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm. Alistair's idea with the short stories is truly intriguing! Maztica, Mulhorand, Abeir etc.... nice idea! I am thinking about settlements from Amn on Maztica as they experience the events...
And some stuff from the planes!

However when thinking about it, it is probably not in WoTC's interest to have stories of disappearing places like Maztica or Mulhorand...

"You make an intriguing offer, one that is very tempting. It would seem that I have little alternative than to answer thusly: DISINTEGRATE!" Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick 625

Edited by - skychrome on 11 Mar 2010 18:58:25
Go to Top of Page

Bakra
Senior Scribe

628 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2010 :  18:00:35  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Simple & to the point I would be interested in buying :

The Year of Blue Fire (Spellplague sourcebook) & Grand History-style summation of the Plague and the 15th century

I hope Candlekeep continues to be the friendly forum of fellow Realms-lovers that it has always been, as we all go through this together. If you don’t want to move to the “new” Realms, that doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with either you or the “old” Realms. Goodness knows Candlekeep, and the hearts of its scribes, are both big enough to accommodate both. If we want them to be.
(Strikes dramatic pose, raises sword to gleam in the sunset, and hopes breeches won’t fall down.)
Enough for now. The Realms lives! I have spoken! Ale and light wines half price, served by a smiling Storm Silverhand fetchingly clad in thigh-high boots and naught else! Ahem . .
So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

GRYPHON
Senior Scribe

USA
527 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2010 :  21:17:18  Show Profile Send GRYPHON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Year of Blue Fire (Spellplague sourcebook) and Grand History-style summation of the Plague and the 15th century...
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2010 :  21:25:36  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
While I would like to see a Grand History summation, I feel that such a thing could be included in a few pages belonging to a Year of Blue Fire Sourcebook. Just in a few pages the basic block of chronology could be outlined, and the rest of the book could be dedicated to gaming material and so forth.

Any new FR Lore is good if it would be continually supported.

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2010 :  23:15:10  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
100 years have passed, there are lore gaps from 1st , 2nd and 3rd the Grand History filled in some of many Unanswered questions - short of expecting everyone to read every short story, novel and source book.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
Senior Scribe

South Africa
727 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2010 :  13:53:15  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I voted "Realms of the Plague", as that is the only format of 4E Realms product I'm still likely to buy. I would hope to see it as Alisttair descrbed it, or something similar showing snippets from the places/NPCs that are now gone/changed.

Lost for words? Find them in the Glossary of Phrases, Sayings & Words of the Realms
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2010 :  00:14:21  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would like a Grand History type book.

I would like a 4E Forgotten Realms Adventures type book.

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

ajfurst
Acolyte

Australia
21 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2010 :  01:40:02  Show Profile  Visit ajfurst's Homepage Send ajfurst a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

I also went with Multiple Products. An in-depth look into the spellplague done in a style similar to what was done with the Time of Troubles (a trilogoy of novels surrounding the events along with an adventure equivalent). Added to this I would like a Realms of the Plague anthology to get short stories happening around the realms during this time (a story set in Maztica as it leaves Toril, a story about Abeir as it arrives on Toril, Halruaa, Plaguewrought Lands, etc...). And of course a sourcebook which could have lots of fluff info, and a Chapter detailing an extensive variety of Spellscars for PCs to choose from (should they choose to or end up with one).

I largely agree. As this is a 4e positive thread I won't go into the bits of that I don't like, but what I dislike the most about what's been done is not the 4E changes themselves, but the discontinuity between where 3.5E ended and 'Wham!' 100 years later here's 4E.

More products covering the gap between the two, making 1e, 2e, 3e and 3.5e products feel part of the Realms history and that the massive amount of products pre-4e out there are still part of the Realms today, as it's history, would certainly move myself as a long term Realms fan to look more favourably upon 4e. Most especially ones looking at areas largely affected - how Halruaa changed, with short stories or a novel series on that, ditto for Vassa etc. having warlocks etc. now. I like some of the 4e new classes / races, but I want more then 'and they appeared', I'd like stories/history that feel 'Realms' as to why these changes happened.

Although why the poll? Is WoTc feedback showing them that the expected 'new' audience didn't materialise and that 'old' fans aren't just accepting blindly the rationale of the Spellplague and buying in sufficient quantities? (It's hard to phrase that without sounding at least partly negative unfortunately).
Go to Top of Page

Mr_Miscellany
Senior Scribe

545 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2010 :  18:18:06  Show Profile Send Mr_Miscellany a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Multiple products:

1) Increased DDI coverage. I subscribe to DDI and think parceling out information through Dragon and Dungeon about the Spellplague would be better than any one stand alone Spellplague sourcebook, Grand History summary or Spellplague adventure.

Giving over the focus of both online magazines to the Realms and the Spellplague, just as was done with the Githyanki and Githzerai through a cross-magazine effort (Dungeon #100 and Dragon #....?) some years ago when both magazines were still in print format would be great in my opinion (then do Eberron a couple months later, and then Dark Sun and so on...)

2) A Realms of the Plague anthology sounds very interesting. There are so many unanswered questions -and thus, topics to write on- about the time in between Mystra's fall and the current play era. I'm personally interested in reading about Cormyr's battles with Netheril and the formation of an alliance with Myth Drannor. Also how the War Wizards adapted to the changing face of magic. It seems to me that with magic wrecked, there's be a race of sorts between Cormyr, Netheril and Myth Drannor to see who could relearn the art of magic, and thus dominate, first.

Great thread, Erik.
Go to Top of Page

Bane of the Harpers
Seeker

Canada
53 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2010 :  19:24:41  Show Profile Send Bane of the Harpers a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Simply put I think that a sourcebook about the Spellplague itself (how it affected regions, people, ideas of plague-changed monsters, etc.) would be awesome to make the event more understandable. It could also develop the order of Blue fire, an interesting antagonist.

Since I loved the format of Grand History, I'd love to see another book like this with a summary of all that happened, explaining how the regions changed.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2010 :  22:16:25  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I too went with the Multipul Topic vote. There is just so much about the Spellplague that we really don't know about in addition to the past 94 years that alot need catching up.

I'd love another "Grand History of the Realms" because that is just a great reference book in addition to a good read.

Also, I'd like to see more DDI stuff involving the Spellplague in addition to anything else Realms related. Lets face it, the more FR out there, the better.

As a side note- I think WotC is doing a great job so far with 4E. My group is pretty up-to-date with most of the product (besides the PH3, haven't gotten that yet) and I'm happy with pretty much everything done up to this point. Keep up the good work! :D
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2010 :  01:45:56  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Even more than something covering the Spellplague, I see that there is a great need for the things mentioned at the end of the GHotR that need sorted out. Mainly, sense needs to be made of the Tyr/Tymora/Helm mess (that one is a huge handful in of itself considering the alignments of the gods involved), the Dwarven pantheon wars, and the event that caused the Spellplague, the murder of Mystra at the hands of Cyric. Those are just the ones off the top of my head, but the haphazard way in which they were described in brief at the very end of the GHotR just sowed confusion and discord (for me at least), instead of bringing a smooth transition to the 4e Realms. I doing my best not to go into a whole negative 4e rant here. To pull me into the 4e Realms, I would need to see a product (or more likely multiple products) that made an effort to meld the Realmslore pre- and post-Spellplague (I know that some would argue that they do meld well, but I do not agree).

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2010 :  06:14:45  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The problem with them meshing the lore is that they stated that they didn't want to do that.

The whole idea was to bring new people in who didn't feel overwhelmed with past lore.

If my memory serves me right.

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2010 :  07:06:58  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dalor Darden

The problem with them meshing the lore is that they stated that they didn't want to do that.

The whole idea was to bring new people in who didn't feel overwhelmed with past lore.

If my memory serves me right.

Pretty much.

I think that some of the Authors and Freelancers are trying to change that now.

Not the "cause the new poeple to feel overwhelmed with past lore" part.

Alaundo of Candlekeep

Edited by - Brimstone on 14 Mar 2010 07:08:51
Go to Top of Page

Snotlord
Senior Scribe

Norway
476 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2010 :  16:13:31  Show Profile  Visit Snotlord's Homepage Send Snotlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would like to see a continued Grand History, and more lore on the 4e realms.

I think more lore on the Spellplague itself only widens the gap between the edition camps, what the setting needs is continuity and focus on the similarities, not differences and changes.
The 90 year vacuum did not help

The 4e setting dropped the ball by telling us the changes, and not showing us the setting for what it is. It read like a design document, not a cool fantasy setting.

Was that clear? Probably not

Edited by - Snotlord on 14 Mar 2010 16:19:19
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2010 :  01:20:30  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ajfurst

Although why the poll? Is WoTc feedback showing them that the expected 'new' audience didn't materialise and that 'old' fans aren't just accepting blindly the rationale of the Spellplague and buying in sufficient quantities? (It's hard to phrase that without sounding at least partly negative unfortunately).
No. I am not now nor have I ever been an employee of WotC, so I have no idea as to their sales numbers or marketing processes.

As for the reasoning behind the poll, I'm just starting a discussion, because people often say they're dissatisfied with what they have, and I'm sincerely curious as to what they want. We're just having a frank and honest conversation, here, about what products we'd like to see.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2010 :  10:35:10  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
On a side note, the "Best of Dragon Magazine" or whatever its called book that has a bunch of the DDI Dragon articles printed in it...well the same thing except all the FR articles from Dragon and Dungeon piled into one book would be pretty sweet...

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

ShepherdGunn
Seeker

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2010 :  06:26:13  Show Profile  Visit ShepherdGunn's Homepage Send ShepherdGunn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think a collection of the existing Forgotten Realms materials from DDI would be good. Also, I think a "Historical Settings" book may be an good idea. This book would give a bit more information on some of the more long standing empires that have been. Being able to have more information on the SkyFire War, and Jhamdath (apologizes on spelling, don't have my books in front of me) would be great. I know it would be 3.5 and that's kinda anathema to WotC, but I'm very sure it would sell well.

For 4e only stuff, if they were to start releasing more information on some of the "locations" would also be nice. Maybe not a full book, but like one a larger pamphlet, just something that would give a bit more flavor to the setting, possibly with a paragon path or the like. Namely just something to add a bit more flavor.

One of the reasons my wife hates the new FR stuff is because she gets a migraine when reading from a computer screen, so a hard-form of the materials would be nice.

"Man does not live by bread alone, likewise, blades and arrows aren't the only things that can kill him."
Go to Top of Page

Shemmy
Senior Scribe

USA
492 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2010 :  21:30:31  Show Profile  Visit Shemmy's Homepage Send Shemmy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I didn't vote, but I would consider buying pre-Spellplague material depending on who worked on it.

Shemeska the Marauder, King of the Crosstrade; voted #1 best Arcanaloth in Sigil two hundred years running by the people who know what's best for them; chant broker; prospective Sigil council member next election; and official travel agent for Chamada Holiday specials LLC.
Go to Top of Page

Arioch
Learned Scribe

Italy
222 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2010 :  18:39:04  Show Profile  Visit Arioch's Homepage Send Arioch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

[quote]
As for the reasoning behind the poll, I'm just starting a discussion, because people often say they're dissatisfied with what they have, and I'm sincerely curious as to what they want. We're just having a frank and honest conversation, here, about what products we'd like to see.

Cheers

How sad! For a while I dreamed that WoTC was about to listen the complains of the old fans!

That said: I voted for the Spellplague sourcebook, a detailed explanation of the events surrounding Helm & Mystra's death, with a couple of pages of chronology, GHotR style.

Of course, any new FR Lore is welcome!

There must be a way to give old fans the lore they like, without discourage new customers! After all, the Lore is what will make the new customers of today tomorrow's fan!
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2010 :  20:36:55  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I voted for multiple products. I'd really love it if WOTC would publish MORE FR books in a year. The number does even reach 20. Anyway, I wish more will be written about the Spellplague, and the realms' greatest and most loved characters who got severely affected by it.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Neil Bishop
Learned Scribe

Singapore
100 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2010 :  06:04:58  Show Profile  Visit Neil Bishop's Homepage Send Neil Bishop a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would like to see multiple products.

I would like more information on what it means to be plaguechanged: templates and themes for monsters and further options for characters would be great. I would also like to see some adventures set in plaguechanged regions with ideas for terrain types and skill challenges in areas affected by the Spellplague.

(Most of all, though, I want Mike Schley to do a map of FR that doesn't suck so I can set fire to the abomination that came with the FRCG!)

Regards
NXB
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2010 :  06:32:58  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Neil Bishop

(Most of all, though, I want Mike Schley to do a map of FR that doesn't suck so I can set fire to the abomination that came with the FRCG!)

I whole heartedly agree with said statement...

Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

BlackAce
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
358 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2010 :  11:12:32  Show Profile Send BlackAce a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd like multiple products, especially the top three options, but I've put my vote for the spell plague sourcebook as that would be the one I'd want most.
Go to Top of Page

Tyranthraxus
Senior Scribe

Netherlands
423 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2010 :  18:37:51  Show Profile  Visit Tyranthraxus's Homepage Send Tyranthraxus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I voted for a source book. I'd like to see a sourcebook with more Spellplague related character options. I was disapointed about that DDI article. I want more spellscar options, powers, classes, feats, classes, paragon paths, ect.

I'd also like to see a GHotR-style summation like The Spellplague: the Wailing Years article.

A new adventure involving the Spellplague or Plaguechanged lands would also be nice.

I prefer a hardcover book, but I'm also fine with DDI articles.

@Erik: is this a hint you are working on something Spellplague related?
Go to Top of Page

Shemmy
Senior Scribe

USA
492 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2010 :  06:21:15  Show Profile  Visit Shemmy's Homepage Send Shemmy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The only thing I might be interested in would be a book detailing material pre-Spellplague that set the stage for it much later in Faerun's history. Detail what allowed it to happen in the first place, make what ultimately happened a rational event that has things we could look back at in Toril's history and go, "You know, we should have seen it coming based on X, Y, etc."

I don't care what ruleset (if any) if used. I don't mind it using 4e rules if it wants, I just want pre-4e era material because that would be the only thing I'd be interested in.

Shemeska the Marauder, King of the Crosstrade; voted #1 best Arcanaloth in Sigil two hundred years running by the people who know what's best for them; chant broker; prospective Sigil council member next election; and official travel agent for Chamada Holiday specials LLC.
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2010 :  17:13:42  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shemmy

The only thing I might be interested in would be a book detailing material pre-Spellplague that set the stage for it much later in Faerun's history. Detail what allowed it to happen in the first place, make what ultimately happened a rational event that has things we could look back at in Toril's history and go, "You know, we should have seen it coming based on X, Y, etc."

I don't care what ruleset (if any) if used. I don't mind it using 4e rules if it wants, I just want pre-4e era material because that would be the only thing I'd be interested in.

Consider this request seconded, thirded, fourthed, etc. I've already voted, so I'll not vote again, but this is exactly the kind of thing I would buy and recommend others to buy, as long as it's mostly lore. I envision something like a companion volume to GHotR focusing on specific Spellplague predictors. Thank you Shemmy!

Edit: Hrm... Post #1111... I wonder if this is significant in any way...

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.

Edited by - Jakk on 27 Apr 2010 17:15:14
Go to Top of Page

BARDOBARBAROS
Senior Scribe

Greece
581 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2010 :  22:29:34  Show Profile  Visit BARDOBARBAROS's Homepage Send BARDOBARBAROS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think the spellplague has had sufficient coverage

BARDOBARBAROS DOES NOT KILL.
HE DECAPITATES!!!

"The city changes, but the fools within it remain always the same" (Edwin Odesseiron- Baldur's gate 2)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000