Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Beyond the High Road and Murder in Halruaa
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

coach
Senior Scribe

USA
479 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2010 :  22:51:31  Show Profile Send coach a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
BEYOND THE HIGH ROAD
does this book in the Cormyr saga come in hardback?

cant find one anywhere.

would be weird if one of a trilogy is only available in pb while the other two can be found in either pb or hb but WotC/TSR has surprised me before

MURDER IN HALRUAA
does this book come in paperback?

cant find one anywhere

would be weird if Murder in Cormyr can be found in either pb or hb but Murder in Halruaa is only available in pb but WotC/TSR has surprised me before

Bloodstone Lands Sage

Edited by - coach on 09 Feb 2010 00:07:33

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2010 :  00:06:40  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not that I can recall. And, also, I think the Candlekeep listing for Beyond the High Road only references the paperback release, while the details for the other two novels in the trilogy note the releases of both the hardcover and paperback versions.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

coach
Senior Scribe

USA
479 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2010 :  00:08:45  Show Profile Send coach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WOW!

so the middle book in a trilogy only comes in paperback?

Bloodstone Lands Sage
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2010 :  01:20:47  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coach

MURDER IN HALRUAA
does this book come in paperback?

cant find one anywhere
Candlekeep only lists the release of the hardcover, so I'm assuming that's largely the only version available.
quote:
Originally posted by coach

WOW!

so the middle book in a trilogy only comes in paperback?

Pretty much.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Corrupteddragon
Acolyte

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2010 :  21:53:05  Show Profile  Visit Corrupteddragon's Homepage Send Corrupteddragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, BtHR only came in PB. It is strange but I have to wonder if it is because it only became a trilogy later. Cormyr had a nice and neat opening and ending, with no signs of a continuation. Then you have a second book by a totally different author a year and a half later. I'm guessing that when the story for Beyond the High Road and Death of the Dragon was pitched, it was decided to tie it in with the earlier book of Cormyr since it was recently released and would also have to do with their subject matter.

I think it does look odd on my shelves though. A paperback sandwiched in between two hardcovers. I'm very OCD about this and it bothers me for some reason LOL
Go to Top of Page

coach
Senior Scribe

USA
479 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2010 :  23:53:07  Show Profile Send coach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
after studying my collection I also noticed that greenwood co-authored vol. I and III where denning did vol. II by himself ... I am OCD about my collection too so I guess i'll go paperback for cormyr series and hardback for the murder series

Bloodstone Lands Sage
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000