Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 Most epic Adventure
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nicolai Withander
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1093 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2010 :  17:07:30  Show Profile Send Nicolai Withander a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi..

Just got an idea to an adventure, and was just wondering about what your greatest adventure/quest/mission have been!

Personally we in our party have done so much, that we realy cant remember everything. Thou one quest comes to mind.

Pigture this. The scene is an old abandon castle. Moste ruins, but still somehow, still liveble. We were 4 party members, the paladin, the archer, the fighter/cleric and me the wizard. We had for some time had his arch enemy, of an old baron who dabbled in the dark arts. And we got tricked into retrieving a powerful intelligent sword for him. Realizing that this sword was a demonic sword we had to get it back and detroy the now Vampire Baron!

We entered the castle grounds and everything was completely silent. Not a sound. We looked for an entrence in this graveyard looking court yard. When we finally found one it was leading down. Into what apeared to be a basement/ crypt / dungeon of some sort. The smell of death sorrounded us, so naturally we whent down the stony steps.

We entered this elaborate dining room, where a single hooded figure sat at the far end of the table. It was gnawing at some thing... He placed his "food" on his matal plate, and pushed it away from him. Just far enough for us to see in the dim light of "Dancing lights" that he was gnawing at a humand hand.

He stod up and walked throug a door behind him and closed it. We were all just standing there doing nothing for a minute or two before we disided to continue. ( This was IRL mind you) ( ohh forgot to tell that during this session we had the theme from Resident Evil , by marrilyn manson playing in the back ground.)

We went in after him and came to this loong hall. Skulls were piling at the floor up against the walls, and blood trickled from the walls and seeling. Then some of the skulls came alive, turned their heads and whispered with an eery voice... " leeave, you are not welcome... go you will all die.." We just hurried on and ended up at a wooden door. Inside this office as it turned out to be, saw a man hanging, and a man leying in bad. They both had the same face, and after a minute or so, they showed them self af the Vampire baron and we fought him. Barely making it out of there alive we killed him. Never found the sword thou!

To this day it was still the coolest D/D experience i've had. at the time we were lvl 13-14!

Hope you guys liked it!

Cleric Generic
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
565 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2010 :  14:17:43  Show Profile  Visit Cleric Generic's Homepage Send Cleric Generic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The most epic battle/scene I've played in took place in some kind of grand, extradimentional crystaline tomb of an un-named and long forgotten mega-demon/lovecraftian horror. The place was a space-bending labyrinth centred on this things crypt/stasis chamber, from which it was slowly awakening and battering it's way out. IT was the classic timed battle set up where we had a horde of cultists performing a ritual to awaken their master, a load of seriously nasty guards, magical defence emplacements and psychic attacks from the thing in the crypt.

As I recall (it was years ago), the battle went pear shaped when the mega-demon in the crypt burst out and started eating us PCs and it's cultists alike. We legged it and somehow managed to finish the battle by crash landing the entire crypt in the negative energy plane. I was playing a gnomish clown, and wild magic was involved, i believe... The whole thing was f'ing metal and took about three game sessions to see through.

I think the most epic battle or set piece I've DMed would be the one where a single running battle with a cleric of Bane took place over several levels of Undermountain and through the streets of Skullport, via at least one bottomless pit, a lake of fire, an extended chase scene with flying mounts, and any number of random monsters joining in for the hell of it.

Cedric! The Cleric Generic and Master of Disguise!

ALL HAIL LORD KARSUS!!!

Vast Realmslore Archive: Get in here and download everything! http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/archfr/rl

2e Realms book PDFs; grab em! - http://poleandrope.blogspot.com/2010/07/working-around-purge.html
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2010 :  19:44:17  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One of the most epic adventures I've ever played was the old White Plume Mountain module. We killed the vampire first (I slamed the door to his crypt shut while we fought him in the hall outside, and then cast daylight right in front of the door). He was actually easier than the friggin crab. My pc nearly lost a leg to that thing! The ogre mage was not too difficult, either, and for some reason, my CG elf mage/fighter ended up with Blackrazor, while the other two pc's got the trident and hammer.

My other most epic adventure was on the otehr side of the screen- a campaign I ran for my homebrew world. It started in a little kingdom called Deepvale, in the City of Torndale, which is the capital. They were having trouble with trade caravans disappearing in the mountains on their way to the nearby dwarven city of Ironhold. Seems they blamed the dwarves for attacking the traders, and the dwarves were balming them for doing the same to their caravans. As it happened, both sides were being played to start a war by some duergars who had set up an outpost in a little cave just off the trade route. They were using their enlarge ability to appear human-sized when attacking dwarves, and attacking in normal siz against the human traders. Since there were never any survivors to tell what was happening, both sides were getting ready to go to war over the attacks. The pc's had to discover who was behind the attacks and put a stop to it. They finally did wipe out most of the duergars, but the Warlord and his head priest managed to escape back into the Underdark on giant spiders, but since the way down was blocked by a river full of Underdark pirhanas, and one pc was arachnophobic, they could not chase them down. They did plan to go back down eventually to search the other hidden passages they had found, but they got caught up in a quest to remove one pc's curse and help a CG (yes, you read that correctly, he's from an archive on the Wizards site) red dragon put a stop to his mother's cult of Tiamat.

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000