Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 info on Chosen
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

woodwwad
Learned Scribe

USA
267 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2010 :  07:53:24  Show Profile  Visit woodwwad's Homepage Send woodwwad a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Is there a good source for NPC who are listed as Chosen of gods? Of course I know there are a few in the base book.

thanks

Check out my reviews on youtube of Forgotten Realms and other rpg products. http://www.youtube.com/user/woodwwad?feature=mhum

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4430 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2010 :  09:01:31  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The only other two that I know of "offically" is Fzoul, Chosen of Bane and Cadderly, Chosen of Deneir(sp?). Other than that, I'm not too sure about other official sources.
Go to Top of Page

Thauramarth
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
729 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2010 :  09:53:29  Show Profile Send Thauramarth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For information on Mystra's chosen (under 2nd Edition), you may want to check out "The Seven Sisters", as well as the 2nd Edition "Heroes' Lorebook" (which contains a "template", even though at the time it was not called a "template" as such).
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2010 :  17:10:01  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Third edition sources:

Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting: Chosen of Mystra template, Elminster, Fzoul, Khelben, Storm, Alustriel, The Simbul.
Epic Level Handbook: Elminster, Khelben, Storm, Alustriel, The Simbul
City of Splendors: Waterdeep: Laeral

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Victor_ograygor
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1072 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2010 :  21:46:49  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm... my links :O)

Victor Ograygor The Assassin and Candel keeps cellar master

Everything I need to know about life I learned from killing smart people.

Links related to Forgotten Realms
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9571

Adventuring / Mercenary Companies / Orders / The chosen from official sources
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11047

Priests in Forgotten Realms.
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9609&whichpage=1

Edited by - Victor_ograygor on 17 Jan 2010 21:47:29
Go to Top of Page

The Simbul
Learned Scribe

173 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2010 :  04:55:30  Show Profile  Visit The Simbul's Homepage Send The Simbul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Currently, as far as NPCs are concerned, there are only former Chosen. These individuals have either:

I. Ascended to become Exarchs in service to their patron deities--such as Fzoul or Obould--and thus have exceeded their former status.

II. Served a deity whose presence is no longer felt in the realms--such as Elminster, the Simbul, or Drasek Riven--and have survived the events that brought about the disappearance of their divine patron.

III. Perished in service to their deities--such as Khelben Blackstaff Arunsun, or were discarded by them--such as Halisstra Melarn the Lady Penitent.
Go to Top of Page

woodwwad
Learned Scribe

USA
267 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2010 :  00:49:16  Show Profile  Visit woodwwad's Homepage Send woodwwad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Simbul

Currently, as far as NPCs are concerned, there are only former Chosen. These individuals have either:

I. Ascended to become Exarchs in service to their patron deities--such as Fzoul or Obould--and thus have exceeded their former status.

II. Served a deity whose presence is no longer felt in the realms--such as Elminster, the Simbul, or Drasek Riven--and have survived the events that brought about the disappearance of their divine patron.

III. Perished in service to their deities--such as Khelben Blackstaff Arunsun, or were discarded by them--such as Halisstra Melarn the Lady Penitent.

I should be been more clear. So as to your mention of 4e time line, let's just leave that out. 4e is terrible and I'm looking for stuff from 3.5, 3 and if need be 2nd.

Check out my reviews on youtube of Forgotten Realms and other rpg products. http://www.youtube.com/user/woodwwad?feature=mhum
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4430 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2010 :  04:09:06  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well considering "Chosen" is an epic destiny that a PC can take, I'll not rule out that there are Chosen in the 4E timeline. That being said, I guess we'll just have to wait for more novels to be written to have any idea of who are Chosen and what deities they serve.

As for 3E, I think most of the bases have been covered.
Go to Top of Page

dragonfriend
Seeker

Italy
65 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2010 :  11:48:33  Show Profile  Visit dragonfriend's Homepage Send dragonfriend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
don't have the book here but in the 2e City of Splendors Boxed set there was the chosen of Mielikki.
In the Epic Level handbook there is Surrupak (?) chosen of Gilgeam
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2010 :  14:22:19  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dragonfriend

don't have the book here but in the 2e City of Splendors Boxed set there was the chosen of Mielikki.
In the Epic Level handbook there is Surrupak (?) chosen of Gilgeam

Shuruppak was also detailed in 2e Powers & Pantheons as well.

Additionally, in 2e, the three Chosen of Silvanus/Mielikki/Eldath are stat'd in the Vilhon Reach sourcebook, and some of Amlaruil's powers as the Chosen of the Seldarine are stat'd in the Evermeet sourcebook. Malik [2e] was covered in DRAGON #245. Qilue [2e] is detailed in the Heroes' Lorebook. Slarkrathel [3e] is stat'd in Lords of Darkness. Pil'it'ith [3e] is from Serpent Kingdoms.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000