Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Legacy of the Green Regent Modules
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Razz
Senior Scribe

USA
749 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2010 :  23:17:51  Show Profile Send Razz a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Ok, I am trying to collect the LGR modules and I can't seem to get my hands on 5 of them. The ones in bold are the ones I am missing.

LGX1 Under High Lord’s Hall
LGX2 Dungeon of the Hark
LGX3 Undermountain
LGX4 Ruins of Karse
LGR1 Extermination
LGR2 Gray Hunt
LGR3 Key to Phantom’s Cloister
LGR4 Secret of Phantoms’ Cloister
LGR5 Dark Exodus
LGR6 Epidemic
LGR7 Nurture and Nature
LGR8 Rat's Bastard
LGR9 Into the Fallen Lands
LGR10 Denial of Resource
LGR11 Humility
LGR12 Tyranny
LGR13 Book Knowledge
LGR14 Native Intelligence
LGR15 Caravan to Waterdeep
LGR16 In Cold Blood
LGR17 Tour of Duty
LGR18 Feast of the Moon
LGR19 A Difference of Opinion
LGR20 The Howling of a Mighty Wind
LGR21 The Truth of Hearts
LGR22 As Seconds Slip Away
LGR23 Strange Bedfellows
LGR24 To Sever the Snake's Head

I don't know why they're so hard to find and eBay or many places I've Googled isn't helping. So here I am at the best Forgotten Realms fansite in the world hoping the great sages here can inform me how to finish the collection? Thank you.

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2010 :  00:09:26  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, you could try performing a search for similar topics here at Candlekeep. As this subject has come up before.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Razz
Senior Scribe

USA
749 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2010 :  04:41:13  Show Profile Send Razz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah yes, I did a search. Unfortunately I was unable to find reference to the 5 missing pdfs other than they were never released. I wonder how the adventure ever ended with the PCs stuck with no sequels? Strange.
Go to Top of Page

Razz
Senior Scribe

USA
749 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2010 :  04:48:14  Show Profile Send Razz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I guess a better question would be is it possible to run the campaign with the missing chapters or no?
Go to Top of Page

Halidan
Senior Scribe

USA
470 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2010 :  19:08:32  Show Profile  Visit Halidan's Homepage Send Halidan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can help a little on this, but only in reguards with two of the modules.

I know for a fact that LRG4 was never produced, and never released in any format. It's essentially vaporware. Apparetly there was a problem with one or more of the illustrations and the accompanying copywrite issues could not be resolved. That makes LRG3 almost useless without writing your own version of LRG4, which is a genuine pity since it's really an interesting module.

LRG23 was also never played/released. Rumor has it that copies of the round zero version of the module (the playtest copy in non-RPGA terms) do exist, but I've tried fairly hard to find one and can't. Having this one missing is very frustrating, because the transition from LRG22 to LRG24 assumes you've played the absent middle module. Again, a reasonably good DM can take modules 22 and 24 and write her own middle section, but that takes time and energy that I lack.

I have no information about the other three. I'm missing them from my collection and haven't ben able to get my greedy hands on them - but that doesn't mean that they don't exist.

As for the question asked by Razz, yes, it would be possible for a moderatly experienced DM to run a campaign and fill in the missing pieces. LRG4 will be the hardest to re-create, because non of the later modules give the slightest hint what is supposed to happen in the Closter, or what information and items the players are supposed to take away from it. It's almost a dead end, but that's simply unsatisfactory in my eyes.

If you try to write up the missing pieces Razz, let me know. I have some ideas of my own, and would be happy to share.

"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied,
"If you seek for Eldorado!"

Edgar Allen Poe - 1849
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2012 :  20:59:10  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*** Casts 'Raise Scroll' ***

Has anyone ever done an over-all map of this adventure path? I can't seem to find out much about it, but from what I have been able to obtain, it seems that few of the locales fall-out within the scope of a project I am working on.

Thanks for any help you can possibly give me.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Derulbaskul
Senior Scribe

Singapore
408 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2012 :  03:08:34  Show Profile Send Derulbaskul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Markustay, WotC wrote up most of the campaign as an "in character" piece of fiction spread over many months. Would that help you?

Cheers
D

NB: Please remember: A cannon is a big gun. Canon is what we discuss here.
Go to Top of Page

coach
Senior Scribe

USA
479 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2012 :  16:11:38  Show Profile Send coach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.brackrotus.com/lgr/

Bloodstone Lands Sage
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2012 :  11:01:55  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coach

well met

Excellent. Thanks for the link, coach. A good complete resource for LGR. Is this your own web site, as i'd like to get in contact with the owner.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

WalkerNinja
Senior Scribe

USA
573 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2012 :  12:29:24  Show Profile Send WalkerNinja a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Nice find!

*** A Forgotten Realms Addict since 1990 ***
Treasures of the Past, a Second Edition Play-by-Post game for and by Candlekeep Sages--http://www.rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=52011
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2012 :  13:51:09  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the help guys.

In think that's the main site I found the resources on. The project I was working on at that time is done now, but I was able to glean one valuable resource from the story-arc for the region I was mapping (a citadel in the Sword Mountains). Most of the rest of the adventure-path was too far away to be applicable. Still, I have to keep it in mind if I ever do a detailed map of Delimbiyr Vale.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

coach
Senior Scribe

USA
479 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2012 :  20:46:54  Show Profile Send coach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

quote:

well met

Excellent. Thanks for the link, coach. A good complete resource for LGR. Is this your own web site, as i'd like to get in contact with the owner.

not it is not

I am trying to complete my LGR collection and had that website link as my "checklist" and source for the ones i dont have

Bloodstone Lands Sage
Go to Top of Page

Razz
Senior Scribe

USA
749 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2012 :  23:22:50  Show Profile Send Razz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My question is how did this series ever expand beyond LGR4 when it was never released? Did people really have to fill in the blanks or was there someone that knew what those blanks were that needed to be filled? And this did not happen once, but 4 more times (two consecutively in fact)!

How and why is what I'd like to know. It feels as if there is no point ever playing through this with 4 modules missing entirely.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2012 :  00:57:04  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From what little I was able to dig-up (and I could be entirely wrong because the sources are just hearsay), there was some copyright issues with some things, and it got messy, and WotC just decided to walk away from it unfinished. AFAIK, those issues had to do with artwork, which makes it even stranger, since you would think they could have just released them sans illustrations.

But whatever, obviously something went awry and they didn't want to bother. I did note at least one continuity gaff as well, so there may have been more of those, and that may have (in part) also contributed to the adventure-path's abandonment.

Edited by - Markustay on 20 Dec 2012 00:57:23
Go to Top of Page

Joebing
Learned Scribe

USA
202 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2012 :  00:39:46  Show Profile Send Joebing a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This series does frustrate me as well. Has anyone tried contacting the authors of the series directly? I did that with Creighton Broadhurst for a specific module from Living Greyhawk and he sent me both versions. I have every one except for the unreleased, but there has to be a draft in possession of someone.

Now plugging away on mass conversion to 5e, as well as my imprint J. Halk Games.

http://www.facebook.com/JHalkGames

First adventure on DM Guild: Lair of Elaacrimalicros
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2014 :  01:28:28  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have a timeline of LGR events or backstory. (I care more about the backstory.)

Does anyone have a summary of the various modules and what they impact?

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

Bakra
Senior Scribe

628 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2014 :  19:02:07  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

Does anyone have a timeline of LGR events or backstory. (I care more about the backstory.)

--Eric

http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/archfr/frgr

The above link should take you to the Green regent Archive. I still haven't located the old adventures...I moved one too many times.

I hope Candlekeep continues to be the friendly forum of fellow Realms-lovers that it has always been, as we all go through this together. If you don’t want to move to the “new” Realms, that doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with either you or the “old” Realms. Goodness knows Candlekeep, and the hearts of its scribes, are both big enough to accommodate both. If we want them to be.
(Strikes dramatic pose, raises sword to gleam in the sunset, and hopes breeches won’t fall down.)
Enough for now. The Realms lives! I have spoken! Ale and light wines half price, served by a smiling Storm Silverhand fetchingly clad in thigh-high boots and naught else! Ahem . .
So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2014 :  05:37:40  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

--Eric

There are brief synopses of each module on the wiki, including what little can be gleaned about the ones that were never published from the sparse details given in the other modules.

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Extermination

The campaign starts at the above link and each module is posted in order of release. The in-universe resources at the link Bakra posted are far more detailed but don't mention the unpublished modules at all.

The LGR campaign has been a pet project of mine for a couple of years now. I don't think there's much available info I don't have without talking directly to the authors. If there are specifics you are having trouble with then please feel free to either drop me a PM or continue on in this thread.

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/
Go to Top of Page

Duneth Despana
Learned Scribe

Belgium
273 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2014 :  10:04:11  Show Profile Send Duneth Despana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is there anyplace online to get the LGR PDF's nowadays? Thanks in advance!

« There is no overriding « epic » in the Realms, but rather a large number of stories, adventures, and encounters going on all the time. [...]. Each creative mind adds to the base, creating, defining, and making their contribution to the rich diversity of the Realms. [...]. But Ed built the stage upon which all the plays are presented. Thanks Ed. » -FR Comic no.1
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2014 :  11:48:46  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does nobody have these? I too would dearly love to have them.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page

Lyiat
Seeker

91 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2014 :  12:37:27  Show Profile Send Lyiat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I located a torrent on <redacted> that contains PDF's. Unfortunately, it has a bunch of other stuff on it too, and I don't know how Candlekeep feels about torrent links.

Edit: removed the name of the torrent site, to better ensure compliance with the Code of Conduct.

"Stand and deliver, that my hamster might have a better look at you." ~ Minsc

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 16 Oct 2014 16:48:02
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2014 :  13:33:38  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't recall where I found my PDF's - it was like 2 years ago.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2014 :  15:21:48  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lyiat

I located a torrent on <redacted> that contains PDF's. Unfortunately, it has a bunch of other stuff on it too, and I don't know how Candlekeep feels about torrent links.

It is verboten:

quote:
13. Discussions and links regarding illegal downloads and file sharing of copyrighted material, owned by either Wizards of the Coast or a third party company, is not permitted on these forums. It would also be appreciated for members to avoid promoting this activity via Private MessageEmail to others.

There's a link to the Code of Conduct in my sig.

Edit: removed the name of the torrent site, to better ensure compliance with the Code of Conduct.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 16 Oct 2014 16:47:02
Go to Top of Page

Lyiat
Seeker

91 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2014 :  16:19:19  Show Profile Send Lyiat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I figured as much. Inviting that sort of thing is bad juujuu. Still, as far as the LGR modules go... WotC never sold them as a product and they're completely out of print. I'm not sure if it is possible to find them, legally or illicitly.

"Stand and deliver, that my hamster might have a better look at you." ~ Minsc
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2014 :  18:31:37  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They were available on their site for awhile, IIRC.

Not that any of their 'freebies' are there anymore.

Anyhow, I think that allows just a tiny bit more wiggle-room, since they were never a 'for sale' product (not that I am condoning illegal, behavior, mind you).

Edited by - Markustay on 16 Oct 2014 18:32:41
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2014 :  18:53:27  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

They were available on their site for awhile, IIRC.

Not that any of their 'freebies' are there anymore.

Anyhow, I think that allows just a tiny bit more wiggle-room, since they were never a 'for sale' product (not that I am condoning illegal, behavior, mind you).

I don't recall the modules being available from the WotC site... If they were on their site, they were tucked away in some obscure corner that I never saw.

And I know I'm in the minority, but I'm still not convinced that the free material actually was removed from the WotC site. They've rearranged their site countless times, and I know for a fact there is still content from 2000ish up on the site, but not linked anywhere... I suspect the files got moved, and that we've just not figured out the new URLs.

Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2014 :  19:59:28  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A couple of them can usually be found on eBay. They were never available on WotC's site, though plot synopses were written for most of them.

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2014 :  21:09:17  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It must have been the synopsis' that I was thinking of then.

How about a map? I recall finding a map that went with them, but it isn't in any of the modules - could that also be what I am thinking of (a bunch of 'aids' to play through the series, but not the series itself)?

The storyline is pretty disjointed, the lore fuzzy an ill-researched, and then there are the missing modules... still, it has a few good parts that I liked despite the continuity problems (like the shaved-head Red Wizard kid - something that shouldn't exist, but does, and thats kinda cool).

Edited by - Markustay on 16 Oct 2014 21:10:19
Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2014 :  21:57:00  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120618152202/forgottenrealms/images/9/9c/Grey_Vale.jpg

This was the only map I ever saw. Delineating the territorial border between the eastern marches of Loudwater's territory and Zhentarim territory.

I liked the one with the disease that made orcs explode and just when the cure is determined, a Zhent caravan rolls in selling the ingredients to make said cure.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2014 :  22:21:34  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hashimashadoo

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120618152202/forgottenrealms/images/9/9c/Grey_Vale.jpg

This was the only map I ever saw. Delineating the territorial border between the eastern marches of Loudwater's territory and Zhentarim territory.

I liked the one with the disease that made orcs explode and just when the cure is determined, a Zhent caravan rolls in selling the ingredients to make said cure.

Was curing orcs the point of the module? Because I gotta say, most of my own characters would be more inclined to let that disease run its course.

Or did they make particularly big explosions, necessitating a cure?

Exploding orcs seems like something from Warhammer 40k. Bomma boyz, or something like that.

Go to Top of Page

eeorey
Seeker

Bulgaria
96 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2014 :  22:29:55  Show Profile Send eeorey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Bomma boyz, or something like that.

OrK Stormboyz, the ones with single-rocket jetpacks that kamikaze from time to time, though they usually try to get some "blud on'ur choppaz".

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000