Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Epic Bard/Druid of Lurue - need advice for my NPC
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

HelldoG
Learned Scribe

101 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2010 :  02:07:34  Show Profile  Visit HelldoG's Homepage Send HelldoG a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello dear Scribes. I would like to hear (Read .) some advice about an epic NPC I'm creating for my session.
Her name is Brune Deathmetal. She's a drow but an unusual one because she was born in Westgate. Her father was a drow and mother a half-elf. She grew up in an human town so she's not like other elves (She learns quick, is more impatient, etc.).
She's a Bard/Druid (Rogue 2/Bard 5/Druid 3/Fochlucan Lyrist 10/Sublime Chord 2/Arcane Hierophant 10/Lyric Thaumaturge 3/Evangelist 5, to be precise .) and a follower of Lurue. She's also CN. She's a very nice and generous lady.
Here's what I'm exactly asking for:
1. Could someone help me determine her "place" in the Realms-space? (By 'Realms-space' I mean canon history of the Realms.) She's somewhere about 300 years old.
2. How could she behave, being a CN druid of a good deity?

Any other ideas for her and her history/alignment/other stuff are welcome too.

Thanks in advance for any feedback on your part .

Away with powergaming propaganda! | I <3 Powergaming!

Don't feed the trolls. Especially the clever ones.

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2010 :  02:27:48  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bards are rarely used for their true functions in the Realms - scribe or spy or both. And a bard of that level would have a veritable library of books, songs, and poems to her name. I suggest she has served as an ambassador to all manner of nations and churches, and more than likely has been immortalized in bard colleges all across Faerun.

The question I would ask myself is whether or not she is "retired". If so, she might be serving as the headmistress of her own bardic college, or perhaps building a "master school" to tie together all of the bardic schools in the world. I think it would be unlikely she would still be entertained by mundane adventuring, and most likely would have audiences with several celestial beings as well.

As far as her place in the "space" of the Realms, don't forget that she may have seen Myth Drannor fall. She saw Evermeet attacked several times. She somehow survived the Spellplague. This means she has lost friends by the dozens. Seeing that much history and wielding that much power I would argue would take a toll on a person's sanity.

And someone that powerful who is CN to a good deity would most likely be seen as the "rapscallion" of the faith, that person whose strength and importance to the church force others of the faith to forgive her rebellious attitudes, however begrudgingly.

Just my take. Good luck!

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm
Go to Top of Page

HelldoG
Learned Scribe

101 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2010 :  13:39:27  Show Profile  Visit HelldoG's Homepage Send HelldoG a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arion Elenim

Bards are rarely used for their true functions in the Realms - scribe or spy or both. And a bard of that level would have a veritable library of books, songs, and poems to her name. I suggest she has served as an ambassador to all manner of nations and churches, and more than likely has been immortalized in bard colleges all across Faerun.

I really didn't think about that at all (And it's sooo obvious .), thanks a lot.

quote:
The question I would ask myself is whether or not she is "retired". If so, she might be serving as the headmistress of her own bardic college, or perhaps building a "master school" to tie together all of the bardic schools in the world. I think it would be unlikely she would still be entertained by mundane adventuring, and most likely would have audiences with several celestial beings as well.

Well... she's half-retired and she's trying to establish bardic colleges/druid circles where she can.

quote:
As far as her place in the "space" of the Realms, don't forget that she may have seen Myth Drannor fall. She saw Evermeet attacked several times.

Hmm... In what years did Myth Drannor fall and Evermeet was attacked?
I check GHoTR and think about involving Brune in some of the bigger events, methinks.

quote:
She somehow survived the Spellplague. This means she has lost friends by the dozens. Seeing that much history and wielding that much power I would argue would take a toll on a person's sanity.

In My Realms tere's no Sellplague, it was prevented.

quote:
And someone that powerful who is CN to a good deity would most likely be seen as the "rapscallion" of the faith, that person whose strength and importance to the church force others of the faith to forgive her rebellious attitudes, however begrudgingly.

Her patron is Lurue, CG deity. Doesn't she (Like other chaotic gods.) encourage free spiritidness (Is there such a word? )?
And sorry for stupid queston but: What's a 'rapscallion'? Scoundrel, rascal, something like that? (English isn't my primary language.)

quote:
Just my take. Good luck!

It was very helpful, thanks again.

Go to Top of Page

dwarvenranger
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2010 :  15:20:09  Show Profile  Visit dwarvenranger's Homepage Send dwarvenranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
40 levels! If chosen wern't so over done I say that'd be her place. But as it is she should certainly be a guardian of the High Forest/Unicorn Run/Star Mounts as those are sacred to Larue.

If I waited till I knew what I was doing, I'd never get anything done.

Go to Top of Page

Arion Elenim
Senior Scribe

933 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2010 :  17:44:17  Show Profile  Visit Arion Elenim's Homepage Send Arion Elenim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Rapscallion" is a word that people with too much time on their hands use to mean scoundrel. :)

And as to the exact dates of those events, I'm unsure. But the point I was making is that if you were old enough to see the World Wars I and II and Vietnam and both gulf wars and were a powerful enough person to more or less participate in all of that, you'd probably be a little loopy. :)

My latest Realms-based short story, about a bard, a paladin of Lathander and the letter of the law, Debts Repaid. It takes place before the "shattering" and gives the bard Arion a last gasp before he plunges into the present.http://candlekeep.com/campaign/logs/log-debts.htm
Go to Top of Page

HelldoG
Learned Scribe

101 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2010 :  02:01:30  Show Profile  Visit HelldoG's Homepage Send HelldoG a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arion Elenim

But the point I was making is that if you were old enough to see the World Wars I and II and Vietnam and both gulf wars and were a powerful enough person to more or less participate in all of that, you'd probably be a little loopy. :)

Well, she is a little moody sometimes .

I'd like to make her more powerful by adding a template (Lurue's gift, somethinh like a Chosen.) but don't know what template fits. Half-celestial? Half-fey? Fey-touched? Any ideas? (Anything that won't change her appearance too much.)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000