Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2010)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 87

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2010 :  06:37:08  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Dracons

Simple question:

What's with all the thousands of NDA's?

There are thousands of mysteries, and when we ask, we get told nope, we can't tell you, ha ha.

Will they ever be revealed? Unlikely.

Ed Greenwood isn't exactly young, and he will die of age sometime. Then all those mysteriies answers will be losted.

Why must they exist? It never made sense to me, other then just money of course.

Does Ed even care? Or does he think it's just hilarious to keep so much from fans?

Okay, do you honestly think Ed would willingly hold back a single scrap of lore that people wanted to know? If so, you've badly misread him.

NDAs are imposed by companies, for a variety of reasons. As we've seen with TSR/WotC, this reason is often future plans/storylines. These plans often get changed, delayed, or dropped. Now, at that point, it would indeed be reasonable to drop the NDA. But there are reasons not to: leaving it in place means that those plans can be revisited or revised, or revived at a later date. And, as has been pointed out more than once, leaving an NDA in place is totally free. Lifting an NDA involves paperwork and contacting all the relevant parties and tossing some funding at the lawyers that make these things binding -- and all of that is for no return.

So WotC, and TSR before them, lose nothing by leaving an NDA in place. No one likes it, but that's the reality we have to deal with.

Indeed.

And just as a friendly Moderator warning... I really don't think we need to rally and rive about this sort of thing. Ed's discussed what little he can about how NDA's and his future Realmslore work relate to each other. And that should be the end of it.

Dracons, I appreciate your concern in this matter, but I'd prefer that such matters be left to official legal types. We're hardly in a position to justify how and why such NDA-related issues work the way they do with respect to Ed and his future developments. Let's look to the lore instead, eh?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Dracons
Learned Scribe

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2010 :  06:41:13  Show Profile  Visit Dracons's Homepage Send Dracons a Private Message
I know Sage. But the NDA is holding back lore. That's why I'm angry at it. Not just bits and pieces, but alot, and it appears that it will never be released. Why do they add more lore, adding more mysteries, and never solving what is already a mystery?

I love PMs! Please send me a message. Even if its Hi.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2010 :  06:44:21  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:

I know Sage. But the NDA is holding back lore. That's why I'm angry at it. Not just bits and pieces, but alot, and it appears that it will never be released. Why do they add more lore, adding more mysteries, and never solving what is already a mystery?

I'm not sure we'll ever really know.

For the most part, I take comfort in the fact that if and when Ed knows what he can do with such lore, he'll present it here when any lingering legalities have been satisfied.

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2010 :  07:56:43  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message
quote:

You proceed from a significant misconception which is that Ed and WotC are seeking to deny FR fans realmslore as some cruel and unusual punishment and enjoying themselves greatly while doing so. Nothing can be further from the truth.

As I've previously posted on this subject, Ed is clearly the "Keeper of NDAs", recalling what lore and information he has passed onto TSR/WotC for pay and whether they have used it or not. The fact that in many cases TSR/WotC have not seen fit to package up that lore into a product for the fans is a cause for regret but does not mean that Ed has to abandon his personal and professional standards and moral/legal/ethical obligations by deciding to ignore the wishes of WotC in this matter by passing on that information without their consent.

Of course, you might consider actually making an attempt to create realmslore of your own on these "mysterious" topics you mention, perhaps through a DDI submission. Who knows, your version might well be the one that WotC accepts as 'official' and you will have had a hand in removing an NDA, such as it is. Channel your frustration, don't expect everything to be handed to you on a lore-laden silver platter and write/create/post/muse on the Realms. You'll be happier for it and will also provide a positive benefit to the FR community at large.

As someone who's come up with bits of realmslore from time to time over the years, I can tell you there is no better feeling than creating realmslore to the approbation of your FR peers. Try it. It's fun.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Snowblood
Senior Scribe

Australia
388 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2010 :  13:44:42  Show Profile Send Snowblood a Private Message
I agree with you Krash...100%.....

Aryvandaar, Ilythiir, Arnothoi, Orva, Sarphil, Anauria/Asram/Hlondath, Uvaeren, Braceldaur, Ilodhar, Lisenaar, Imaskar, Miyeritar, Orishaar, Shantel Othrieir, Keltormir, Eaerlann, Ammarindar, Siluvanede, Sharrven, Illefarn, Ardeep, Rystal Wood, Evereska are all available here for download:http://phasai.deviantart.com/gallery/
Go to Top of Page

Deathspawned
Acolyte

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2010 :  15:30:04  Show Profile  Visit Deathspawned's Homepage Send Deathspawned a Private Message
As much as i hate to continue a "rant" topic i feel the need to say that if wizards went under and no one "bought out the lisence" that i seem to remember that the realms would go back to Ed(i would ALMOST think this a good thing)and it would be his again(if im wrong please correct me).Also if Ed had not agreed to some sort of terms with the companies he sold the realms to then NONE of us would now have anything to complain about as the realms would not exist as they are and might still be just Ed's personal playground.Personally i THANK Ed for sharing any of his realm with all of us as without it i would have to find other less satisfying worlds to enjoy.The sheer amount of lore this setting has is stagering compared to most i have seen and has brought to life a world unlike most in an amazing way that continues to blow me away.To end THANK YOU ED FOR THE REALMS and please continue with all the awsome work.

Death
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2010 :  17:08:00  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
Thanks for the quickie, THO.

Awaiting for Ed's 'full monty' answer.

And Dracons... <insert head-shaking smiley>

Krash (and others) have already provided an answer, but I feel a need to chime-in (sorry). You seem to think someone is spitefully keeping something from you, which is not at-all what is going on. Its easy to cast stones at WotC these days, but most of these NDA's go back to TSR, and are in-place to keep the setting coherent, not to hurt the fans in anyway.

Besides, if we knew all there was to know, what fun would these forums be?

Or the Realms, for that matter..... mysteries inspire imagination.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 07 Oct 2010 17:09:26
Go to Top of Page

Lord of Bones
Seeker

United Kingdom
78 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2010 :  17:55:37  Show Profile  Visit Lord of Bones's Homepage Send Lord of Bones a Private Message
I have a new question, and one that may be slightly controversial.

I've recently been studying the civil conflicts in many African countries, and the use of child soldiers is something that is becoming increasingly prevalent. Or at least, it's becoming increasingly prevalent before the western news teams. Child soldiers have been a part of history for centuries, as conscripting a soldier as a child is almost a sure way of indoctrinating the soldier to fanatically follow the beliefs of the army.

My question though, is whether such practices are carried out in any parts of the Realms. Cormyr may well have its squires, and many young men and women go to join armies, but are there any nations that will forcibly conscript children, brainwash them, and then send them to fight their enemies? Thay and the Zhents seem likely for this, but even they seem to have some social mores that may preclude such activities.

Also, if it's very uncommon among human nations in the Realms, do any monstrous nations do this? We know the drow raise soldiers from birth, and no doubt so do orcs, but how about some of the smaller monstrous races?

Matthew

Come watch the Gentleman's Guide to Gaming!
http://www.youtube.com/user/clackclickbang

On my channel I review and dissect role-playing games with great gusto. Please do take a look and let me know what you think.
Go to Top of Page

Ionik Knight
Learned Scribe

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2010 :  18:44:43  Show Profile  Visit Ionik Knight's Homepage Send Ionik Knight a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Bones

I have a new question, and one that may be slightly controversial.

I've recently been studying the civil conflicts in many African countries, and the use of child soldiers is something that is becoming increasingly prevalent. Or at least, it's becoming increasingly prevalent before the western news teams. Child soldiers have been a part of history for centuries, as conscripting a soldier as a child is almost a sure way of indoctrinating the soldier to fanatically follow the beliefs of the army.

My question though, is whether such practices are carried out in any parts of the Realms. Cormyr may well have its squires, and many young men and women go to join armies, but are there any nations that will forcibly conscript children, brainwash them, and then send them to fight their enemies? Thay and the Zhents seem likely for this, but even they seem to have some social mores that may preclude such activities.

Also, if it's very uncommon among human nations in the Realms, do any monstrous nations do this? We know the drow raise soldiers from birth, and no doubt so do orcs, but how about some of the smaller monstrous races?

Matthew

Lots of races have a warrior culture much the same as the orcs. Pretty much any of the barbarian tribes and most of the aggressive humanoid races would be comparable to the orcs in this way. A closer relation to the child soldiers would need to start with a warlord or tyrant type in charge of an oppressed or destitute people. For this the Zhents and Unther (before the death of Gilgeam) seem like logical choices. Sounds like a good motif for an evil wizard/lich too. Catch/buy a bunch of orc/hobgoblin kids and raise them as your personal bodyguards.

Fools to right of them,
Jesters to left of them,
Clowns in front of them
Pun'd and parody'd.
Go to Top of Page

Menelvagor
Senior Scribe

Israel
352 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2010 :  18:52:26  Show Profile  Visit Menelvagor's Homepage Send Menelvagor a Private Message
Apropos of NDA's having been mentioned, I'll continue with my obsession:
Symrustar Auglamyr. I know her fate is under NDA. However, I was also told that there is a good chance those NDA's might yet lift. My question, therefore, is whether we will learn of Symrustar's fate in the new Elmister series Ed is currently writing, or at least (if I can't get a definitive answer) if there is a good chance of that happening. I'm sorry if I seem obsessed, but waiting for Elminster Must Die is driving me crazy.
Also, another question: Can we get more lore on Caerthynna of the Swirling Stones? According to Mintiper's Chapbook, she was a female moon elf of Eaerlanni ancestry, noted creator of ioun stones, and one of six tertiary casters who participated in the raising of Myth Glaurach’s mythal. But I haven't found anything else.

"Shall mortal man be more just than God? shall a man be more pure than his maker?
Behold, he put no trust in his servants; and his angels he charged with folly.
How much less them that dwell in houses of clay, whose foundation in the dust, are crushed before the moth?" - Eliphaz the Temanite, Job IV, 17-19.

"Yea, though he live a thousand years twice, yet hath he seen no good: do not all go to one place?" - Ecclesiastes VI, 6.

"There are no stupid questions – just a bunch of inquisitive idiots."

"Let's not call it 'hijacking'. Let's call it 'Thread Drift'."
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2010 :  16:53:07  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all.
Menelvagor, re. this: "My question, therefore, is whether we will learn of Symrustar's fate in the new Elminster series Ed is currently writing, or at least (if I can't get a definitive answer) if there is a good chance of that happening. I'm sorry if I seem obsessed, but waiting for Elminster Must Die is driving me crazy."

Sigh. Your question (and others like it) is EXACTLY what any author currently writing for Wizards is not allowed to answer without editorial approval, which will almost always be denied for matters of this sort.
However, I will pass on as far as Ed hinted to me, when I contacted him last night (just after saying goodnight to Bob Salvatore, Bob's wife, and the Random House folks, outside the World's Biggest Bookstore in downtown Toronto, and heading back to his car to begin the long drive home):

I can't recall having written anything much about Symrustar for publication recently.
I've known what I think happened to her in her later life for quite a while now, but publishing lore about such matters hasn't been solely "up to me" for about twenty-five years now.
Please tell him sorry that I can't be clearer - - oh, and please Dracons that I'd LOVE to tell all, about EVERYTHING to do with the Realms, but publishing just doesn't work that way unless I happened to be an infinitely-rich publisher with rights to publish the Realms. Which I'm not, never have been, and would probably fail miserably at being. And without a publisher, the Realms would be known just to me, a handful of friends, and those gamers who sat down to play with me. My good friend George Krashos, a superb crafter of Realmslore, put it very well - - and if you don't feel comfortable crafting your own Realmslore, part of the game at Candlekeep is posing lore QUESTIONS adroitly enough that I can answer them without offending against NDAs. So, have at it!

There. So saith Ed. Who toddled happily off home to plunge back into writing a Realms novel and preparing for Canadian Thanksgiving.
Which for most of us means: family gathering and WAY too much to eat.
Turkey often features prominently, and there tends to be sports on television and much laughter, gossip, and lying around. Plus, in MY house, gaming.
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

createvmind
Senior Scribe

490 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2010 :  17:30:18  Show Profile  Visit createvmind's Homepage Send createvmind a Private Message
Is a god always omnipotent in regards to their portfolio even if a god from another plane is considerably more powerful for whatever reason? Mystra had placed an edict on spell levels and time travel, could another deity of magic bypass these barriers via a vessel or artifact to overwhelm these bans she has or is she the final say regardless of power of other deity?

Would Ao intervene or let things play out if "balance" wasn't overly upset by this?

Edited by - createvmind on 08 Oct 2010 17:32:04
Go to Top of Page

Rhewtani
Senior Scribe

USA
508 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2010 :  19:51:42  Show Profile Send Rhewtani a Private Message
Did someone ever correctly guess the author of Filfaeril: Bound and Willing? (I think that was the title). And if not ... has anyone guessed Azoun IV?
Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2010 :  02:29:01  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message
And just to add fuel to the fire,
the Man is a very sly one. I believe that Ed
has a plan to get things revealed when he passes on.
(sorry to be morbid) Just my impression from
his words over the years. Take it as u will.
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2010 :  02:53:12  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message
Side discussions do not belong in this scroll. It also needs another reset. At least in my opinion concerning the side discussions.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Dracons
Learned Scribe

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2010 :  02:57:40  Show Profile  Visit Dracons's Homepage Send Dracons a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by althen artren

And just to add fuel to the fire,
the Man is a very sly one. I believe that Ed
has a plan to get things revealed when he passes on.
(sorry to be morbid) Just my impression from
his words over the years. Take it as u will.

Doubtful. He has no power. If anything, Wizards will take the chance to gloat that they will now never reveal anything more, nor accept any more lore and that's all there is.

I love PMs! Please send me a message. Even if its Hi.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2010 :  03:36:40  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Kentinal

Side discussions do not belong in this scroll.
I'm inclined to agree.

I've been kind of lax in maintaining the "on-topic" nature of this scroll. So, folks, I'm going to kindly remind you all that the recent bout of side-discussions have to stop. It's simply taking me too much time to filter through all the non-Ed material when I'm compiling his replies.

Thus, if you wish to discuss something further that doesn't immediately pertain to Ed-lore, or to this scroll in general, feel free to open a scroll on another shelf here at Candlekeep.

Thank you.

Go to Top of Page

Menelvagor
Senior Scribe

Israel
352 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2010 :  18:36:20  Show Profile  Visit Menelvagor's Homepage Send Menelvagor a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One:
Sigh. Your question (and others like it) is EXACTLY what any author currently writing for Wizards is not allowed to answer without editorial approval, which will almost always be denied for matters of this sort.
I can't recall having written anything much about Symrustar for publication recently.
I've known what I think happened to her in her later life for quite a while now, but publishing lore about such matters hasn't been solely "up to me" for about twenty-five years now.

Hmmm... I actually was rather certain this would be the answer, but was willing to gamble on the 10% of uncertainty... too bad. Sad to know that nothing's been written on Symrustar lately, but I'll take comfort in knowing that that doesn't mean that nothing will happen in the future, and from a tiny possible hint - he said "in her later life" - which makes me believe she's still alive, and not dead.
Actually, according to waht you told Dracons about posing adroit questions, let me try my hand: Does "in her later life" apply to before the Battle of Shadusk Glade or after?
Also, does this answer also apply to my question about Caerthynna? Or (much more likely) Ed's busy with other important stuff, family and holiday cheer?

"Shall mortal man be more just than God? shall a man be more pure than his maker?
Behold, he put no trust in his servants; and his angels he charged with folly.
How much less them that dwell in houses of clay, whose foundation in the dust, are crushed before the moth?" - Eliphaz the Temanite, Job IV, 17-19.

"Yea, though he live a thousand years twice, yet hath he seen no good: do not all go to one place?" - Ecclesiastes VI, 6.

"There are no stupid questions – just a bunch of inquisitive idiots."

"Let's not call it 'hijacking'. Let's call it 'Thread Drift'."
Go to Top of Page

Blueblade
Senior Scribe

USA
804 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2010 :  21:40:35  Show Profile  Visit Blueblade's Homepage Send Blueblade a Private Message
So, Ed:
Did Mr. Salvatore spill anything about his next book? I've been hearing rumors of "Neverwinter Wood" being the title or working title...but anything more?
And do you coordinate things, these days, when both of you are writing Realms novels at the same time?
BB
Go to Top of Page

jimbo32
Acolyte

7 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2010 :  07:37:13  Show Profile  Visit jimbo32's Homepage Send jimbo32 a Private Message
Hi Ed and THO,
A couple of questions:

First, is there anything more you can tell us about the Seven of Silver? History, composition, whatever - anything would be great. I wouldn't say no to the words for "Seven Silvers Falling" either - if such a thing exists. :) I've always thought that their sacrifice was one of the more heroic from the Fall - despite the fact that the number of lives saved wasn't terribly high. (This is assuming that the Seven are your creation - I can't recall where they [and the ballad] were originally referenced).

Second, I recently noticed an unanswered question from a few years ago that may have gotten lost in the shuffle. Regarding your excellent and touching "First Quest" article from Dragon #218 - are there any Realms NPC's based on or inspired by your first DM? Also, judging by the article, September had a serious impact on both your life and your view of RPG's. Do you think the Realms would be much different without her influence?

Thanks in advance :)

Oh, and from a fellow Canadian - I hope you both have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Edited by - jimbo32 on 10 Oct 2010 07:53:23
Go to Top of Page

Lord of Bones
Seeker

United Kingdom
78 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2010 :  09:59:18  Show Profile  Visit Lord of Bones's Homepage Send Lord of Bones a Private Message
Hi again!

This time my question concerns Flamsterd, the mage who set up a tower in the Moonshaes and then decided to sink it, along with part of his island, to the bottom of the sea so he could study in peace surrounded in a giant bubble of air.

I wanted to know if there's any additional lore on Flamsterd and his relationship with Elminster, and whether he got up to anything above the surface, post his descent beneath the waves.

Thanking you

Matthew

Come watch the Gentleman's Guide to Gaming!
http://www.youtube.com/user/clackclickbang

On my channel I review and dissect role-playing games with great gusto. Please do take a look and let me know what you think.
Go to Top of Page

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2010 :  14:18:31  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Bones
This time my question concerns Flamsterd, the mage who set up a tower in the Moonshaes and then decided to sink it, along with part of his island, to the bottom of the sea so he could study in peace surrounded in a giant bubble of air.

Great post Matthew, I too would like to hear more about Flamsterd. Especially what he was doing post 299DR (from the Brian James' Moonshae timeline) until we hear about him in the Moonshae books a thousand years later. The mystery of where he came from would be interesting to know as well,(Netherese perhaps?)

There is a post by Ed here that answers a little more about him
http://oracle.wizards.com/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind0507a&L=realms-l&P=2086

Cheers

Damian

So saith Ed. I've never said he was sane, have I?
Gods, all this writing and he's running a constant fantasy version of Coronation Street in his head, too. .
shudder,
love to all,
THO
Candlekeep Forum 7 May 2005

Edited by - crazedventurers on 10 Oct 2010 14:20:03
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2010 :  15:21:56  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message
I just remembered - Mr. Greenwood, your article on Llurth Dreier is just brilliant!

So here come two further questions inspired by it:
1. Is anything more known about lithidrow and dark skum? I'm thinking of making a 3.5 conversion of these creatures, they sound lovely.
2. What is known about Telantiwar? How many drow inhabited it? Who ruled etc? We all know where it was and when it fell, but not much more.

Thanks in advance for your reply.
Zireael

EDIT: Anything known on Nathglaryst of Undraeth except from the bits here?

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/

Edited by - Zireael on 10 Oct 2010 18:47:46
Go to Top of Page

GazzaM
Acolyte

Australia
18 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2010 :  22:59:48  Show Profile  Visit GazzaM's Homepage Send GazzaM a Private Message
Where is this article on Llurth ?
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2010 :  23:25:33  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message
I'm pretty sure Eric Boyd wrote the Llurth Dreier article for Polyhedron. His "take" on the place was subsequently tweaked by Rich Baker in the 3E 'Underdark' sourcebook.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2010 :  23:34:30  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
Could Elminster be Flamsterd?

Not near sources so I'm not sure how viable that theory might be. The time-frame seems about right, though.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Merrith
Learned Scribe

135 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2010 :  02:23:52  Show Profile  Visit Merrith's Homepage Send Merrith a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Could Elminster be Flamsterd?

Not near sources so I'm not sure how viable that theory might be. The time-frame seems about right, though.

We know Khelben had many other identities throughout his life, would it be so far of a stretch to think Elminster might have many unknown ones as well? After all he and his "daughters" took the shapes/identities of many actual people over the years, why not invent a few for himself to be as well. Perhaps some possible identities could clear up quite a few conundrums and holes in existing lore.
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2010 :  10:36:46  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

I'm pretty sure Eric Boyd wrote the Llurth Dreier article for Polyhedron. His "take" on the place was subsequently tweaked by Rich Baker in the 3E 'Underdark' sourcebook.

-- George Krashos

Eric not Ed? I was sure it was the former... Never mind, I can ask Eric too...

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2010 :  17:27:53  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
It has been alluded to many times by Ed that Elminster is at least one other character we know, and he has taken many identities over the years, some of them recurring.

He started out a Rogue, after all.

Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2010 :  18:57:07  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

It has been alluded to many times by Ed that Elminster is at least one other character we know, and he has taken many identities over the years, some of them recurring.

He started out a Rogue, after all.

AFAIK, he started out a Fighter, then went to Rogue.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs

Edited by - Ashe Ravenheart on 11 Oct 2010 18:57:30
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 87 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000