Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2010)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 87

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2010 :  17:33:46  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all.
Snowblood, Ed tells us this:

Tel Verinal is a small "waymoot" drow trading city deep beneath the eastern end of the Moonsea. Through a network of caverns rising up into the mountains east of the Moonsea, it trades with surface traders (notably ogres, hobgoblins, and bugbears, plus a few renegade independent humans of swift wits and ruthless ways), and has in the past successfully fought off several attacks from mind flayers and thaalud, driving both out of its vicinity.
Like most trading cities, Tel Verinal is dominated by no religion, and attracts the outcasts and oppressed/former slaves from other drow communities, making the bulk of its populace fierce opponents of drow (or other) clergy who desire to give orders to others in the name of any faith. Nor is Tel Verinal dominated by warring families or clans, or split down gender lines or even racial lines (drow holding themselves superior to other races). Rather, it is a rather lawless place of rough justice and wary tolerance [[think the Star Wars cantina]] ruled lightly by a Morym, or mayor (an elder drow of patience and tolerance), on behalf of all of the major cavern-owners.
The Morym keeps the peace by means of several hired mages (some human, some not) who ride driders whom they befriend and work with closely; they wield wands (notably some that can cause brief, small-area-effect blade barriers) that make them formidable in battle, and some of their driders command small packs of obedient spiders (deathjump and blade spiders).
The current Morym is an aging, feeble female drow with a prodigious memory for faces, names, and events, who can "read" folk almost unerringly, and anticipate what they'll try to do. She often deploys her "Morymdar" (the aforementioned police forces) before trouble erupts, so they're ready and waiting for what's about to unfold. Verinden (= inhabitants of Tel Verinal) both respect and fear her, as a result. So petty crime is frequent in and near the city, lone idiots can expect to be ambushed if they venture into the wrong place at the wrong time, and brawls erupt in taverns . . . but in general, life proceeds fairly peacefully. This is a place for trading, not righting wrongs or avenging slights.
Those activities often take place in the passages rising up into the mountains beside the Moonsea, or even on the surface itself.

So saith Ed, creator of the Moonsea, the Realms, blade spiders, and so on.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2010 :  17:48:42  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all.
Karth, I just found this in another ream of notes I took whilst adventuring in Ed's home campaign:

A major east-west street in the southern part of Loudwater is Windserpent Street, which winds quite a bit. Somewhere near the east end of town (I'm thinking the "upper toe" of the shoe, from memory), it crosses Harlgund's Way, which runs NE/SW. Larpentur Lane runs NW/SE across both, forming a triangular block in which stands Stelprur's Smithy, a busy, noisy place of crude, everyday blacksmithing (chain-making, tool making and repair, fastenings and fittings), and across Windserpent Street to the south of the triangle is Rundreth's, the largest wagonmaker (and repairer, and seller and reseller) in town. Many of Loudwater's poorer inhabitants live in small, dingy rooms located in the three-floor-or-less buildings crammed between the streets and alleys NE of this triangle, downwind of the smithy (and of several stables and slaughterhouses and a tanner that are near the Smithy, to the north and northeast, fronting on Larpentur Lane).
This is the only Loudwater neighborhood I took detailed notes on, being as we slept there (on a roof, not paying anyone) and hunted (and fought) several Zhents through it.
Hope this helps . . .
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2010 :  17:51:05  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Oh, a postscript: this would have been around 1358 or 1359 DR (the time of our visit to Loudwater). Torm visited the neighborhood again in 1361, and it hadn't changed much, to my (admittedly VERY fuzzy) recollection of what was said at the time between Ed and Victor (Torm's player).
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Karth
Seeker

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2010 :  18:27:01  Show Profile  Visit Karth's Homepage Send Karth a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Oh, a postscript: this would have been around 1358 or 1359 DR (the time of our visit to Loudwater). Torm visited the neighborhood again in 1361, and it hadn't changed much, to my (admittedly VERY fuzzy) recollection of what was said at the time between Ed and Victor (Torm's player).
love,
THO

Roger that. You guys take amazing PLYR notes. Processing, processing... ;)
Go to Top of Page

Karth
Seeker

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2010 :  18:31:49  Show Profile  Visit Karth's Homepage Send Karth a Private Message
quote:

love,
THO

Question: roughly how large is the southern half of the town, from 'heel to toe' and 'sole to laces' (palisade to river)? I can get the size of the north bank from that, by deduction.

Edited by - Karth on 23 Aug 2010 18:33:10
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2010 :  20:35:41  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hmmm. Roughly just under a mile, east to west (the palisade doesn't enclose it all, by any means; Loudwater straggles along the riverbank on both sides of it for a bit, with lots of woodlots, tilled fields, pastureland/camping ground/unclaimed ground involved), and about a fifth to a quarter of that, north to south (it varies from a fifth at the west end, to a wider built-up area as one moves east - - and the river curves northeast; of course, the flow of the river is in the other direction, so from the river's point of view it comes south, curves to the southwest and then more west as it "passes through" Loudwater, which gains its name from the sound of its rapids, BTW).
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2010 :  01:37:09  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Jorkens

The calender of Harptos was invented by Harptos of Kaalinth; but where/who/what was Kaalinth? I cant seem to find it mentioned anywhere else except for in that name.
Good question - I thought I knew the answer but I was thinking of another 'lost realm'.
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

My theory is close to yours Jakk.

I think of it as thus: it is the same divinity as first created, just each incarnation is a different "interface" mystral, mystra, mystra/midnight , et al. It kinda like whenever the " interface" between the weave and the world is no longer in phase with the rest of existence...it Re-boots and upgrades into a new interface.

Mine as well.

If I take my comparison of the Weave as an 'operating system' that runs on top of the 'hardware of the universe', making it easier for mortals to work the 'wonders of magic', then the Mystryl/Mystra/Midnight names are all just 'versions', like Windows 3.5, Windows '95, Windows Millenium, etc, etc...

All of which are built upon the routines written into the original, for backwards-compatibility (arguably), so that each 'revision' is really just an upgrade and a patch to keep the whole thing chugging-along in an ever-changing environment.

The human/sentient component of the Weave is the actual patch - the living element needed to update the Weave every few dozen centuries or so. People change, and the Realms changes with them, and that aspect of the natural world winds up encoded in the DNA (or soul, or whatever). The sentient element is necessary for the Weave to continue to act as a current and simple interface for those humans wishing to use magic (without risking immense harm to themselves). Basically, it needs to "keep up with the times", as it were.

All the 'others' that have been the Weave are still there, under the surface, and Mystra can call-upon that knowledge when she wishes to, much the way a computer user can pull archived files up when they need something. The current sentience is dominate, but the memories and what-not are still present - all that changes is the personality of the current sentience, but not its functionality or archives.

And if you want to see that actual 'lines of code' for that interface, just get a close-up of the Crystal Sphere itself. Read Realmspace - its rather enlightening.

At least, that's how I see things. Ed may have very different ideas.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 24 Aug 2010 01:39:34
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2010 :  02:56:59  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all.
Jorkens, I found this in my notes:

Kaalinth (pronounced KAY-linth) is a now-vanished coastal fortress keep, a small city of folk inhabiting one sprawling stone castle dominated by a huge tower. It was blasted down by a dragon, who laired in the ruins, only to later be defeated by a cabal of dragon-riding wizards. In the battle, the ruined keep was almost obliberated.
It has since vanished.
Some controversy about its site, Amn or Tethyr (Velen?) most likely.

From the surrounding notations I made, it's clear my character heard this from a garrulous caravan merchant who had been liberally supplied with drink (by my character). We never followed this up, so its veracity is (as they say) untested . . .
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2010 :  11:00:04  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message
quote:

Hi again, all.
Jorkens, I found this in my notes:

Kaalinth (pronounced KAY-linth) is a now-vanished coastal fortress keep, a small city of folk inhabiting one sprawling stone castle dominated by a huge tower. It was blasted down by a dragon, who laired in the ruins, only to later be defeated by a cabal of dragon-riding wizards. In the battle, the ruined keep was almost obliberated.
It has since vanished.
Some controversy about its site, Amn or Tethyr (Velen?) most likely.

From the surrounding notations I made, it's clear my character heard this from a garrulous caravan merchant who had been liberally supplied with drink (by my character). We never followed this up, so its veracity is (as they say) untested . . .
love,
THO

Thanks to you both, that's just what I needed. If he had been from Netheril or from ancient Waterdeep it would have been more inconvenient. For once I don't need to go against canon when doing anything here.
Go to Top of Page

wintermute27
Learned Scribe

USA
179 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2010 :  15:08:23  Show Profile  Visit wintermute27's Homepage Send wintermute27 a Private Message
Dearest THO and Ed,

I have a question about inheritance laws in Cormyr in 1356 DR. Can the owner of an estate with no heir will it to a religious organization? I have a player in my group who is in the process of establishing a library and shrine on land he was given for services to the crown, but due to his character's sexual orientation, he does not have any children to inherit it. Can he leave the land to the library or will the title default back to the crown upon his death? Any information you can give would be much appreciated.

My Current Campaign: The Adventures of the Stonelanders
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2010 :  16:04:20  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by wintermute27

Dearest THO and Ed,

I have a question about inheritance laws in Cormyr in 1356 DR. Can the owner of an estate with no heir will it to a religious organization? I have a player in my group who is in the process of establishing a library and shrine on land he was given for services to the crown, but due to his character's sexual orientation, he does not have any children to inherit it. Can he leave the land to the library or will the title default back to the crown upon his death? Any information you can give would be much appreciated.
This depends entirely on the land grant and its language. Most lands in Cormyr default back to the Crown if there is no one to inherit it, unless that land is specifically enumerated in a will or testament by the owner.

There are, of course, nuances to the various applicable laws. If, for example, the person is not merely landed but titled, the land (or some portion of it) may or may not be attached or associated with the knightly or noble title the character possesses--which, in turn, means that if the noble title reverts to the Crown on his death, the lands will as well.

Of course, any and all Cormyrean lands can be seized by the Crown for crimes real or imagined, or some arcane technicality built into nearly all royal land grants. Depending on the size of the property, the nature of the faith to which its been left, and the value of the particular location, they may or may not exercise that right. Although the Dragon Throne doesn't make a habit of nabbing shrines or other holy places, they're certainly willing, when the need or desire arises, to take adjacent or associate lands, or chip away at holdings to lessen the influence of a local shrine or temple.
Go to Top of Page

Brace Cormaeril
Learned Scribe

294 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2010 :  16:56:08  Show Profile  Visit Brace Cormaeril's Homepage Send Brace Cormaeril a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Jakk

Ooooh! I just had a thought about this... thank you, Brace, for asking this question, even if it got derailed by the mighty NDA wall. My speculation, which I suppose I've had for some time, but was only crystallized into clarity by the wording of Brace's question, follows the relevant facts below.

No problem, Jakk-man.

Careful, tho
Speculation by me is usually met
with rancor by THO!

(a poem in three lines)

The Silver Fire's Blade: A Novella in Nine Parts, Available Soon, in the Adventuring Forum!
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2010 :  22:09:03  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
THO merely wishes to preserve the original flavor of the setting as intended, and does not 'play favorites' with anyone, nor does Ed.

They serve to clarify things, nothing more. Oft-times, things were left ambiguous enough in the Realms for all ideas to be possible, so their posts become 'guidelines', not 'Rules' (kinda like the Pirate's code... I always knew THO had some Pirate in her)

{Mark now imagining Ed with an eyepatch... ARRRRRRR!}

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 24 Aug 2010 22:10:12
Go to Top of Page

Karth
Seeker

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2010 :  22:35:26  Show Profile  Visit Karth's Homepage Send Karth a Private Message
quote:

Hmmm. Roughly just under a mile, east to west (the palisade doesn't enclose it all, by any means; Loudwater straggles along the riverbank on both sides of it for a bit, with lots of woodlots, tilled fields, pastureland/camping ground/unclaimed ground involved), and about a fifth to a quarter of that, north to south (it varies from a fifth at the west end, to a wider built-up area as one moves east - - and the river curves northeast; of course, the flow of the river is in the other direction, so from the river's point of view it comes south, curves to the southwest and then more west as it "passes through" Loudwater, which gains its name from the sound of its rapids, BTW).
love,
THO

Perfect. There's something coming your way, via The Sage. Please do have a look and let me know where I went wrong/right. If you and I can get a solid basic framework locked in, then Ed need only deal with the details.

Thanks again, lovely Hooded Pirate Girl... ;)

-Karth
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2010 :  01:41:13  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Karth

quote:

love,
THO

Perfect. There's something coming your way, via The Sage. Please do have a look and let me know where I went wrong/right. If you and I can get a solid basic framework locked in, then Ed need only deal with the details.

-Karth
Indeed. I've received the "something." I'm sending it Ed/THO's way now.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Karth
Seeker

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2010 :  01:47:40  Show Profile  Visit Karth's Homepage Send Karth a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Karth

quote:

love,
THO

-Karth
Indeed. I've received the "something." I'm sending it Ed/THO's way now.

Much obliged, Sage. Sorry if I was insistent. It just so happens I have a little free time to devote to this right now. Once I get the bit in my teeth on something, I tend to charge hard. ;)

If/when it gets full approval from Saer Greenwood, I will of course make it available to Candlekeep, as it should be. About time I contributed something, I suppose...

Edited by - Karth on 25 Aug 2010 01:53:34
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2010 :  02:28:45  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all.
Thank you Karth, and Sage...and thank you, Markustay, for perfectly stating matters re. what Ed and I do (no rancor, Brace, if your speculation happens to be either right or "close enough").
Ed tells me he's spent some moments today happily immersed in some Realmslore that will benefit us all in the future, but not in a project from his pen. No specifics, of course; he just wanted us all to be cheered by the hope of Realmslore to come . . .
Ed lost his eyepatch at some point, but I'm sure will happily recall his glimpse of me with tricorn hat, false mustache, eyepatch, cutlass, open leather vest, cummerbund belt with two (false; the "flints" were pencil erasers) flintlock pistols shoved through it, big floppy bucket-top swashbuckling boots . . . and nothing else.
Ah, those were the Hallowe'ens! Trick or . . . yes, treat, of course, sir . . . purrrr.

love to all,
THO

Edited by - The Hooded One on 25 Aug 2010 02:36:34
Go to Top of Page

Blueblade
Senior Scribe

USA
804 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2010 :  02:40:07  Show Profile  Visit Blueblade's Homepage Send Blueblade a Private Message
And I can't miss this opportunity to celebrate, just above this post, the 3500th post by our Lovely Lady Hooded.
Who along with a fair bit of warm-scribes-at-their-keyboards flirtation, has over the years conveyed to us enough canon Ed Realmslore to fill several sourcebooks, answered a lot of scribes' questions, cleared up much confusion, and become a friend to us all.
So thank you, Lady! Thank you!

LOVE,
BB
Go to Top of Page

Karth
Seeker

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2010 :  03:25:29  Show Profile  Visit Karth's Homepage Send Karth a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Blueblade

And I can't miss this opportunity to celebrate, just above this post, the 3500th post by our Lovely Lady Hooded.
Who along with a fair bit of warm-scribes-at-their-keyboards flirtation, has over the years conveyed to us enough canon Ed Realmslore to fill several sourcebooks, answered a lot of scribes' questions, cleared up much confusion, and become a friend to us all.
So thank you, Lady! Thank you!

LOVE,
BB

Indeed. Thank you Hooded Lady, Herald Extraordinaire.

Love,

Karth
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2010 :  06:51:03  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
Okay, another for Ed...

In my continuing quest to catalogue all relevant musical Realmslore references, I've been slowly working my way through a number of older sources. At the moment, I'm re-reading Realms of Infamy, whereupon I came across a particularly brief reference in your 'So High A Price' tale [pg. 3]. Specifically:- "Humming the latest minstrel tune, the wizard watched scorched feathers drift away."

I'm just curious as to whether you had any further details on this particular tune?

Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2010 :  15:59:47  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
I strongly suspect Ed does, because that story got shortened quite a bit to fit the wordcount, and I think one of the "easiest" cuts were four lines or so of the lyrics. Getting them out of Ed, now, that might be an achievement. We'll see . . .
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2010 :  16:52:57  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message
quote:

I strongly suspect Ed does, because that story got shortened quite a bit to fit the wordcount, and I think one of the "easiest" cuts were four lines or so of the lyrics. Getting them out of Ed, now, that might be an achievement. We'll see . . .
love,
THO

One might say it's a task perfectly suited to your charms, intelligence and persuasive talents mmmm???

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963

Edited by - The Red Walker on 25 Aug 2010 16:54:04
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2010 :  18:12:27  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Why, THANK you, sir!
I wasn't referring to my talents and techniques, or lack of same, but rather the difficulty, with so much time passing and floppy diskettes and their computers dying, of retrieval of that particular lore...
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2010 :  18:23:20  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message
quote:

Why, THANK you, sir!
I wasn't referring to my talents and techniques, or lack of same, but rather the difficulty, with so much time passing and floppy diskettes and their computers dying, of retrieval of that particular lore...
love,
THO

Oh, I knew full well your meaning, but who would pass on a chance to flatter you eh?? (I'm a bad boy what can I say?)

And I'm also hopeful that one day , I might have some nugget of knowledge or something else you are needful of, that requires ...your "unique skill-set" to aqquire

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963

Edited by - The Red Walker on 25 Aug 2010 18:30:52
Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2010 :  22:14:38  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message
So, how bout we all chip in and get Ed some new pc's eh?

You can only find so many 10+ year old machines to cannibalize
right?
Go to Top of Page

IlexGarodan
Acolyte

Canada
26 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2010 :  23:35:40  Show Profile  Visit IlexGarodan's Homepage Send IlexGarodan a Private Message
Greetings, oh learned Ed.

A Wizard character of mine has a loving passion for cats. He's never seen without his feline familiar (which is often found all snug and warm on his shoulder) and often adopts strays to give as familiars to fledgling mages he teaches. My question is this-- what are the various breeds of cats found on Faerūn?

Edited by - IlexGarodan on 25 Aug 2010 23:36:57
Go to Top of Page

Blueblade
Senior Scribe

USA
804 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2010 :  00:40:29  Show Profile  Visit Blueblade's Homepage Send Blueblade a Private Message
Well, there are tressym!
BB
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2010 :  02:18:24  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:

Why, THANK you, sir!
love,
THO

Ah, well. Certainly, should the endeavour prove too time consuming or difficult, I'll understand if Ed wishes to turn his efforts elsewhere.

I'll simply craft something on my own, and maybe shuffle it along to Ed for further thoughts, eh?

Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2010 :  17:12:27  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message
quote:

Hi again, all.
Thank you Karth, and Sage...and thank you, Markustay, for perfectly stating matters re. what Ed and I do (no rancor, Brace, if your speculation happens to be either right or "close enough").

Speaking of Brace and "close enough"... no comment from Ed re: my theory on Mystryl/Mystra? That means that either I'm WAYYY off target with that speculation, or I'm "close enough" that Ed has no room within the NDA to say anything... hmm... for my purposes, I'll assume option #2...
quote:

Ed tells me he's spent some moments today happily immersed in some Realmslore that will benefit us all in the future, but not in a project from his pen. No specifics, of course; he just wanted us all to be cheered by the hope of Realmslore to come . . .

Can Ed be any more specific about when in the future? I won't ask about the subject matter; I know he'd tell us if he could.
quote:

Ed lost his eyepatch at some point, but I'm sure will happily recall his glimpse of me with tricorn hat, false mustache, eyepatch, cutlass, open leather vest, cummerbund belt with two (false; the "flints" were pencil erasers) flintlock pistols shoved through it, big floppy bucket-top swashbuckling boots . . . and nothing else.
Ah, those were the Hallowe'ens! Trick or . . . yes, treat, of course, sir . . . purrrr.

love to all,
THO

I think I still have my pirate costume if you still have yours...
Now I need to re-read "Pirates of the Fallen Stars"... and I don't have that book, or any of my other pre-3E sources, anywhere near me.

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.

Edited by - Jakk on 26 Aug 2010 17:19:37
Go to Top of Page

Brace Cormaeril
Learned Scribe

294 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2010 :  22:13:19  Show Profile  Visit Brace Cormaeril's Homepage Send Brace Cormaeril a Private Message
Ed/TH0

What is the tallest building on Faerun?

The Silver Fire's Blade: A Novella in Nine Parts, Available Soon, in the Adventuring Forum!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 87 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000