Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2010)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 87

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2010 :  06:28:33  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

Any truth to the talk that Circle of Skulls will be the last of the "Ed presents Waterdeep" series?

Say it isn't so...

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Menelvagor
Senior Scribe

Israel
352 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2010 :  07:41:59  Show Profile  Visit Menelvagor's Homepage Send Menelvagor a Private Message
Another question, this time asked by one of my players: Do keyhole necklines exist in the Realms? If so, what are they called and where can they be found? Are there cultures/races who do not allow such necklines?
*sigh* I'm trying to forge an adventure tying into the Chosen, the Weeping War and restored Myth Drannor, and all my players care about is fashion...

"Shall mortal man be more just than God? shall a man be more pure than his maker?
Behold, he put no trust in his servants; and his angels he charged with folly.
How much less them that dwell in houses of clay, whose foundation in the dust, are crushed before the moth?" - Eliphaz the Temanite, Job IV, 17-19.

"Yea, though he live a thousand years twice, yet hath he seen no good: do not all go to one place?" - Ecclesiastes VI, 6.

"There are no stupid questions – just a bunch of inquisitive idiots."

"Let's not call it 'hijacking'. Let's call it 'Thread Drift'."
Go to Top of Page

gomez
Learned Scribe

Netherlands
254 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2010 :  09:50:34  Show Profile  Visit gomez's Homepage Send gomez a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

Say it isn't so...

Well... while Waterdeep is an interesting enough place, I do think we may at some point want focus on other locations as well.
Ed Greenwood presents Silverymoon/Cormyr/Myth Drannor/The Moonsea/The Dalelands?
I guess there is little chance of that...

Menelvagor: you can always combine the two (fashion and story). I.e. in one of my plot arcs, set in Cormanthor, a rather unassuming necklace is actually a key that triggers certain portals under Semberholme when worn by the proper person. In my case, the wearer must be someone from a certain elven bloodline, but other keys with less stringent requirements may exist. The portals concerned lead to unpleasant places, but, especially around Myth Drannor, portals can go anywhere or unlock any secrets. so... a keyhole neckline as a key to a gate...?
As an aside, SPEC1-3 Ghosts of the Past, a RPGA adventure, is set in restored Myth Drannor. It is originally set in the year of the Ageless One, though works in any year after Ilsevele Miritar became coronal.

Gomez
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2010 :  11:06:03  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message
I guess thats a valid point.

I still would like for WotC to do some DDI Backdrop Articles on Waterdeep.

One on each Ward!

Maybe Gomez you could do a series of Backdrop Articles on the Dales, hey?

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Snowblood
Senior Scribe

Australia
388 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2010 :  15:48:46  Show Profile Send Snowblood a Private Message
Dear Ed & THO, across the river Lis from Cormanthor, where the Flooded Forest now is, what was the name of the Elven Kingdom there???? Who were the rulers and what happened to them?

Oh and who was the last Vyshaan Coronal & how did their rule end???

Lastly at whyich end of the Moon Sea valley was Braceldaur and was is a single city state like Evereska or a realm with vassal cities etc...?

Aryvandaar, Ilythiir, Arnothoi, Orva, Sarphil, Anauria/Asram/Hlondath, Uvaeren, Braceldaur, Ilodhar, Lisenaar, Imaskar, Miyeritar, Orishaar, Shantel Othrieir, Keltormir, Eaerlann, Ammarindar, Siluvanede, Sharrven, Illefarn, Ardeep, Rystal Wood, Evereska are all available here for download:http://phasai.deviantart.com/gallery/

Edited by - Snowblood on 02 Apr 2010 15:57:24
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2010 :  21:37:35  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all. I bring once more the words of Ed, this time in response to Menelvagor's queries about keyhole necklines:

Yes, such fashions exist, are common, and are usually called "gracetels." They can be found anywhere along trade routes in the Heartlands, and along the Tashalar and Golden Gulf coasts. "Not allow" is a strong term for the Realms; except for temple, "livery" (servant uniforms) and palace/civil service/military "uniforms," styles of clothing are varied throughout the Realms, rather than following any prevalent or governing code of fashion. Among the nobility and wannabe-nobles (ambitious, socially climbing "new money" merchants) across the Realms, there are fashions that change constantly and are used to differentiate between those who are "fashionable" or "in" and those who are not (just as in our real world), but the great bulk of middle-class ("citizen shopkeepers") and labourers (lower-class, including quite wealthy "crofters" or long-established farmers) regard such chasings after fashion with amusement or even ridicule. What a woman chooses to expose or not of herself is HER affair; the "modesty" of some real-world cultures is present but not a widely-accepted or -followed norm anywhere. So no one would "not allow" the wearing of a low-cut or revealing garment, though some might privately disapprove (or think it "not fitting for the occasion").
"Gracetel" was originally an elven term, it's thought, though its origin has been lost with passing time. Humans definitely had such garment styles in long-ago Netheril, and even earlier. Alternative terms have included "heartbare/heartbaring" and "splendor-glance" (the latter being used in Waterdeep "today" [[1350s through 1370s DR]]).

So saith Ed. Fashion critic of the Realms, evidently.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2010 :  21:42:05  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, everyone.
Ed's at his computer right now, evidently, because I just received a response to Snowblood's queries: "Dear Ed & THO, across the river Lis from Cormanthor, where the Flooded Forest now is, what was the name of the Elven Kingdom there???? Who were the rulers and what happened to them?
Oh and who was the last Vyshaan Coronal & how did their rule end???
Lastly at which end of the Moon Sea valley was Braceldaur and was is a single city state like Evereska or a realm with vassal cities etc...?"
Ed replies:

Your query about the Lisen region is, I'm afraid, NDA.
Likewise, the Coronal question.
Braceldaur is partially NDA, but I can say that it was a city-state, that patrolled outwards from its walls to a ring of tiny forts (little more than fortified stables, where the patrols could "turn around" and shelter from rain under a roof), protecting a few farms thereby. So, one city and not a realm, though some wanted it to be more and others feared it would become (or had become) more.

So saith Ed. Who apologizes that he can't say a word more on the subject.
love,
THO

Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2010 :  21:53:43  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all. Menelvagor, Ed tells me he'll relate the tale of Symrustar's dagger tattoo when "the time is right." Yes, there are rules about mage-runes, some of them covered in Ed's 2nd Edition Realms sourcebooks (you're quite right: no one is allowed, by Mystra or Azuth, to use someone else's symbol), and Ed will tell us more when he can.

No, Jakk, the Spellplague hasn't changed anything about those notoriously mysterious pyramids nigh Ascore, but Ed doubts he'll soon be able to get them cleared of NDAs, either.

And the "Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep" questions are also NDA, I'm afraid.
Sigh. The lives of Realms scholars are endlessly frustrating...
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2010 :  00:36:07  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message
While we're on the subject of mage sigils...

What with Faerun's long (*long*) history of magic, the sheer number of mage sigils that have been created must be fairly staggering. Especially since they tend to be fairly simple designs, meant to be easily and quickly written. Which must make it increasing difficult for new mages to come up with unique sigils.

So, do mage sigils have an expiration date? So many centuries after the mage's death, or if all works done by him/her fade from memory? If you attain a certain level of power, does your sigil get locked? If not, do Mystra and/or Azuth help young wizards come up with sigils that aren't already in existence? Finally, when did the tradition of individual mage sigils come into being, and by which race? Did humans copy elves, did elves copy humans, or did they both copy someone else?

I can just see a mageling, off in the corner of the library, endlessly doodling and throwing the sketches over his shoulder... "No, that one's taken. No, that one too. Oh, that's cool! But taken."

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2010 :  04:10:50  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
Heh, mage's sigils: the first registered trademarks of the Realms!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2010 :  04:41:56  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message
Actually, that's pretty much what I was thinking, though it might just be my IP classes in grad school talking. Either trademark or copyright, with Mystra acting as the regulating body. Or maybe like retiring your number for sports teams, if we go the route of only wizards of X level or notoriety get to keep their marks past a certain amount of time beyond their deaths. There's a number of ways you could spin base on RW examples, and I'm looking forward to Ed's thoughts on the subject.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2010 :  05:46:09  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Heh, mage's sigils: the first registered trademarks of the Realms!

They were always one of my favourite aspects of the old boxed sets. So much so, that I even generated one for myself -- that I used to regularly place it on most of my artistic/writing endeavours at the time. I even started marking some of my old notebooks and papers with the sigil. Campaigns maps, notebooks, or just general doodling... they all pretty much ended up bearing my own personal mage sigil.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 03 Apr 2010 05:50:44
Go to Top of Page

Snowblood
Senior Scribe

Australia
388 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2010 :  08:28:04  Show Profile Send Snowblood a Private Message
Thanks Lady THO, That little Tidbit on Braceldaur is more than enough.....that tells me where & when....I already have a fair idea how & why & who......tell Ed Thank you........

Aryvandaar, Ilythiir, Arnothoi, Orva, Sarphil, Anauria/Asram/Hlondath, Uvaeren, Braceldaur, Ilodhar, Lisenaar, Imaskar, Miyeritar, Orishaar, Shantel Othrieir, Keltormir, Eaerlann, Ammarindar, Siluvanede, Sharrven, Illefarn, Ardeep, Rystal Wood, Evereska are all available here for download:http://phasai.deviantart.com/gallery/
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2010 :  15:30:30  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
My pleasure. Ed hasn't e-mailed me again, but I can tell you that he sent literally HUNDREDS of mage-sigils in to TSR, back in the day. They even asked him to fax additional ones (sheets upon sheets), and then never used them...
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2010 :  17:46:49  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

<snip>
No, Jakk, the Spellplague hasn't changed anything about those notoriously mysterious pyramids nigh Ascore, but Ed doubts he'll soon be able to get them cleared of NDAs, either.

And the "Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep" questions are also NDA, I'm afraid.
Sigh. The lives of Realms scholars are endlessly frustrating...
love to all,
THO

Not surprising, but it certainly flies in the face of deductive logic... which is, again, not surprising.

quote:

My pleasure. Ed hasn't e-mailed me again, but I can tell you that he sent literally HUNDREDS of mage-sigils in to TSR, back in the day. They even asked him to fax additional ones (sheets upon sheets), and then never used them...
love to all,
THO

Sigh... just adding to the NDA stockpile... that now will likely remain sealed (pun intended, in this case) for eternity...

Edit: I assume (hopefully correctly) that Ed still has copies (or originals) of everything he sent to TSR in the early days...

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.

Edited by - Jakk on 03 Apr 2010 17:52:20
Go to Top of Page

Milith holder of HB8
Seeker

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2010 :  18:10:58  Show Profile  Visit Milith holder of HB8's Homepage Send Milith holder of HB8 a Private Message
Just out of curosity, is there any sort of popular herbal tea that mages enjoy? Maybe something that helps with their throat, from all that spellcasting perhaps?

EDIT: And if it's not too late, is there anything specifically popular around the Tythyr region? I'm writing a story and I sort of hit a snag as to what tea a wizard would drink. For some reason, it bugs me.

Hey, babe, see my shiny teeth as I smile my very best wolf smile- Ed Greenwood.

Edited by - Milith holder of HB8 on 03 Apr 2010 19:51:18
Go to Top of Page

Menelvagor
Senior Scribe

Israel
352 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2010 :  18:23:30  Show Profile  Visit Menelvagor's Homepage Send Menelvagor a Private Message
Thank you so much! This will surely keep me and my players happy. Will Ed be able to tell us about famous sigils of certain mages, and thier meaning and reason for choosing? I think I've seen El's sigil somewhere... what seems to be a golden crescent moon with its' back to us, and a golden dot in its' middle? Any information that can be shared about that?

"Shall mortal man be more just than God? shall a man be more pure than his maker?
Behold, he put no trust in his servants; and his angels he charged with folly.
How much less them that dwell in houses of clay, whose foundation in the dust, are crushed before the moth?" - Eliphaz the Temanite, Job IV, 17-19.

"Yea, though he live a thousand years twice, yet hath he seen no good: do not all go to one place?" - Ecclesiastes VI, 6.

"There are no stupid questions – just a bunch of inquisitive idiots."

"Let's not call it 'hijacking'. Let's call it 'Thread Drift'."
Go to Top of Page

Blueblade
Senior Scribe

USA
804 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2010 :  18:46:58  Show Profile  Visit Blueblade's Homepage Send Blueblade a Private Message
If I recall correctly, Elminster has had TWO sigils: his own, and then a newer one he was given when he publicly became a Chosen (after taking part in the casting of the mythal in Myth Drannor). Or am I recalling incorrectly? Ed? THO?
BB
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2010 :  19:11:03  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi, Blueblade. According to Ed's notes:

All of the Chosen who were "chosen" by Mystra (and agreed to serve her) rather than being bred by her (e.g. the Seven Sisters) have two sigils: their own, and a new one given to them after they became her Chosen.

So saith Ed. I'm not sure if he's free to share the actual sigils or not; we'll have to see.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Malcolm
Learned Scribe

242 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2010 :  19:16:36  Show Profile  Visit Malcolm's Homepage Send Malcolm a Private Message
Dear Ed and THO,
are there any notorious and still-active pirates operating on the Tashalar coasts who would be well-known to the general public by name circa 1360s and 1370s DR?
Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2010 :  20:31:26  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message
And are any of Malcolm's pirates crinti?

Go to Top of Page

Snowblood
Senior Scribe

Australia
388 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2010 :  13:20:25  Show Profile Send Snowblood a Private Message
Dear Ed & Lady THO one kwikee...was Braceldaur in the eastern or western Moonsea region (its a big place.....) ???????

Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2010 :  20:12:32  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message
Okay, my forehead's taking one more shot at this wall, then I'm giving it a rest.

Ed, can you say anything about when those pyramids in Ascore were built (or first discovered)? I'd love to know by whom they were built, of course, but I'm assuming that's conclusively [NDA]. Thinking about what I'm typing, the "when" of their building is probably [NDA] as well... but hopefully the year in which they were first encountered by explorers is available.

Also: Can you provide any clues (titles of published sources, etc.) as to this "big secret" regarding Mystryl and her Chosen? I have the beginnings of a theory, but I'd like to be able to do some research, and it's difficult when I don't know where to look... ... particularly so when I don't have my older (1E/2E) material with me.

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.

Edited by - Jakk on 04 Apr 2010 20:45:55
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4684 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2010 :  21:28:51  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message
quote:

Braceldaur is partially NDA, but I can say that it was a city-state, that patrolled outwards from its walls to a ring of tiny forts (little more than fortified stables, where the patrols could "turn around" and shelter from rain under a roof), protecting a few farms thereby. So, one city and not a realm, though some wanted it to be more and others feared it would become (or had become) more.

I have done something similar, a city state only exists if it and its farm lands and/or trade routes are protected. The range of influence in region was one days travel, setting up the towers on the original border of a days travel however might allow for some holding expansion. I do however did build towers of stone as bases instead of fortified stables, though there are stables at each tower.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

saethone
Acolyte

6 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2010 :  22:51:01  Show Profile  Visit saethone's Homepage Send saethone a Private Message
Ed/THO:

Hello, I hate to be a bother but I think my post may have been overlooked a few pages back (I noticed that most questions have been addressed, even if they are unanswerable), and I'm really interested in the answer so I figured a re-post wouldn't hurt. I've quoted the original post for ease:

quote:
Originally posted by saethone

Hello,

I have a question about the Elfblades of Cormanthor - the Warblade, Artblade, and Ruler's (or Crown) Blade, and I was directed here to ask. I know that they were created at the behest of the Coronal ~-4000 DR, but how were they made? They are all sentient weapons, were their sentiences imbued from living elves, or magical created? And if they were living elves, who were they?

Thanks!

Again, thank you and /cross fingers that its not NDA :)
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2010 :  03:06:20  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:

Ed/THO:

Hello, I hate to be a bother but I think my post may have been overlooked a few pages back (I noticed that most questions have been addressed, even if they are unanswerable), and I'm really interested in the answer so I figured a re-post wouldn't hurt. I've quoted the original post for ease:

Actually, it's rather unlikely your question was overlooked. The lovely Lady Hooded One is good at watching out for questions and comments, and forwards them all along to Ed, who keeps a running list of unanswered questions. The thing is that he's got to deal with limited time, NDAs, other questions, other projects, and not always having the relevant lore at hand. Some of us have had questions in his queue for literally years.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2010 :  04:22:09  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

Ed/THO:

Actually, it's rather unlikely your question was overlooked. The lovely Lady Hooded One is good at watching out for questions and comments, and forwards them all along to Ed, who keeps a running list of unanswered questions. The thing is that he's got to deal with limited time, NDAs, other questions, other projects, and not always having the relevant lore at hand. Some of us have had questions in his queue for literally years.

Indeed.

Saethone, it's worthwhile keeping in mind that Ed largely only tackles questions when he can, and almost always not in the order they were originally asked. For example, I've still got questions posed to Ed from '04 that remain answered for the most part -- but he's answered several of the questions I've asked him after that.

A certain degree of patience is required when you participate in this scroll. Remember, Ed's online time is rather limited by a number of circumstances, several of which were highlighted by Wooly above. So the Lady Hooded One tries her utmost best to ensure the ferrying of questions and replies to/from Ed are handled in a speedy and efficient manner.

If you've any further queries about this, please don't hesitate to contact me privately via the private messaging system featured here at Candlekeep.

Edited by - The Sage on 05 Apr 2010 04:25:13
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2010 :  04:40:56  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message
so Tell me THO..... when do we get a THO tells all she can scroll about her adventures at Eds TAble????

hmmm... lets see a question, wanna ask what was the worst thing any of your characters have fallen in......

okay.. here is one, the Sakurhk( sorry cant spell it off my head) are there any in the planes that are NOT sterile? or is this NDA??

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2010 :  04:49:58  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by sfdragon

so Tell me THO..... when do we get a THO tells all she can scroll about her adventures at Eds TAble????
As you likely already know from previous editions of the "Questions for Ed Greenwood" scroll, this is the type of question that the Lady Hooded One can't really answer to any specific degree. There's just certain details that would have to remain vague and/or ignored to ensure privacy issues and avoid any legal complications that might arise from the revealing of such info.

Your best best, is to simply search through the "So Saith Ed" archives and read the few replies from the Lady Hooded One herself that feature a small sampling of tidbits about some of her adventures at Ed's gaming table.

Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4684 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2010 :  04:59:59  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by sfdragon

As you likely already know from previous editions of the "Questions for Ed Greenwood" scroll, this is the type of question that the Lady Hooded One can't really answer to any specific degree. There's just certain details that would have to remain vague and/or ignored to ensure privacy issues and avoid any legal complications that might arise from the revealing of such info.

Your best best, is to simply search through the "So Saith Ed" archives and read the few replies from the Lady Hooded One herself that feature a small sampling of tidbits about some of her adventures at Ed's gaming table.

As stated already the Lady Herald of Realmslore (The Hooded One) can answer only limited questions. She and all others in Ed's home game were required to sign that dreaded NDA. I suspect, however am not sure that any new players are also required to sign an NDA to play at Ed's table. Which actually justifies a question for Ed about NDA still applying to home game when a new player joins the group. Do any new player have to sign an NDA in order to play at Ed's table?

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 87 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000