Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Where Eilistraeen Souls Go?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Grymia
Acolyte

3 Posts

Posted - 10 Dec 2009 :  22:00:41  Show Profile  Visit Grymia's Homepage Send Grymia a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
After dying, before the death of Eilistraee and the Spellplague, where would an Eilistraeen human worshipper's soul go if I may ask?

Mod Edit: Found this floating in the ether.

Edited by - The Sage on 10 Dec 2009 23:55:07

Grymia
Acolyte

3 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2009 :  00:06:07  Show Profile  Visit Grymia's Homepage Send Grymia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, thankee. I posted it recently but wasn't sure where it should go.
Go to Top of Page

wintermute27
Learned Scribe

USA
179 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2009 :  01:45:16  Show Profile  Visit wintermute27's Homepage Send wintermute27 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Grymia

After dying, before the death of Eilistraee and the Spellplague, where would an Eilistraeen human worshiper's soul go if I may ask?

Well, It depends on which cosmology you follow. In 3.x Eilistraee resides in Arvandor and her followers would go to her there upon death, after a short stop over on the Fugue Plane. (Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting, p.258)

Where as in 2nd edition her domain is listed as being in Nidavellir/Svartalfheim, the lowest layer of Ysgard. What that means I'm not too sure of, since I know almost nothing about the 2nd ed cosmology system as it applies to the Realms. (Demihuman Deities, p.11 & A DM Guide to the Planes, p.64)

One thing I would like to know is how does a human end up venerating Eilistraee in the first place? This is a tale that I believe bears repeating.

Edit: I decided to break out my old Planescape books and do some reading, interesting stuff. Just the thought of Eilistraee kicking it with the Norse pantheon will keep me entertained for days.

My Current Campaign: The Adventures of the Stonelanders

Edited by - wintermute27 on 11 Dec 2009 01:51:50
Go to Top of Page

Grymia
Acolyte

3 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2009 :  01:49:25  Show Profile  Visit Grymia's Homepage Send Grymia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Summatively: He was a human who sought redemption and found something in her message of redemption and in hope of a better way.
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2009 :  03:42:31  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wintermute27

One thing I would like to know is how does a human end up venerating Eilistraee in the first place? This is a tale that I believe bears repeating.

Well each player will have their own stories, however a few possible reasons.

1) A human child raised, after rescue, by followers.

2) Could be family association, uncle married a priestess.

3) As mention, redemption, the Silverhair knights offer redemption to any, though that is not only way to be redeemed.

4) Likes hanging out with nude Drow females, not the best reason but could be a start to selecting the Dark Maiden as Patron deity.

5) The Lady of the Dance looks on favor on lovers, craftsmen, music and swordwork. There certainly can be other races attracted to a deity that looks on favor of they trade, profession or hobby.

There can be many tales that lead other races to follow Lady Silverhair

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Bakra
Senior Scribe

628 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2009 :  13:42:05  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The soul(s) would go to the Fugue plane. Once there the soul(s) would get reassigned by Kelevmor.

I hope Candlekeep continues to be the friendly forum of fellow Realms-lovers that it has always been, as we all go through this together. If you don’t want to move to the “new” Realms, that doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with either you or the “old” Realms. Goodness knows Candlekeep, and the hearts of its scribes, are both big enough to accommodate both. If we want them to be.
(Strikes dramatic pose, raises sword to gleam in the sunset, and hopes breeches won’t fall down.)
Enough for now. The Realms lives! I have spoken! Ale and light wines half price, served by a smiling Storm Silverhand fetchingly clad in thigh-high boots and naught else! Ahem . .
So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000