Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 The Re-Vamped Mischiefmaker (comments welcome)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Copper Elven Vampire
Senior Scribe

371 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2009 :  22:07:56  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I just Completely changed the entire PrC. All comments are welcome.

The Mischiefmaker (specialty cleric of Erevan Ilesere)

The Mischiefmaker represents all that is chaotic and free. They bring change and excitement where ever they go be it for good or ill. They live on the edge in a constant state of self-reinvention. They thrive to puncture the self-righteousness, sanctimony, and pretension that pervades orderly society with mischievous pranks that both amuse and enlighten. They enjoy causing trouble for its own sake and have the ability to take care of themselves should a prank prove to be deadly or go awry. Most Mischiefmakers are Moon or Copper elves, but even Gold, Wild and Star elves take this class when the call of Erevan sings strongly in their hearts. Most Mischiefmakers are famous or infamous Rogue/Clerics in the favor of Erevan Ilesere and serve as his mortal right-hand. They are deadly-romantic in their charm and subtlety of skill. Brave and yet flighty. They are champions of trickery and modest in ability. To underestimate a Mischiefmaker is to court the surety of becoming the victim to an amusing, well thought, elaborate hoax that could end up costing you and being at your cost.

Hit Die: d8.

Requirements: To qualify to become a Mischiefmaker, a character must fulfill all the following criteria.

Race: Character must be a Elf or Half Elf.

Skills: Knowledge (religion) 6 ranks, Disguise 5 ranks, Disable device 6 ranks, Bluff 6 ranks, Hide 6 ranks, Move silently 6 ranks, sleight of hand 5 ranks, Concentration 2 ranks, Spellcraft 1 rank, Escape Artist 2 ranks.

Feats: Any Metamagic Feat.

Spellcasting: Ability to cast 3'rd level Divine spells. Must have either the chaos, trickery or luck domain.

Special: +2d6 Sneak attack ability. Must have Erevan Ilesere as a Patron Deity.

Class Skills: Balance, Bluff, Climb, Concentration, Craft, Diplomacy, Disguise, Disable Device, Escape artist, Heal, Hide, Intuit direction, Jump, Knowledge (religion), Listen, Move silently, Open lock, Sleight of hand, Profession, Search, Spellcraft, Spot, Tumble, Use magic device, Use rope, Wilderness lore.

Skill points at each level- 6 + Int mod.

Class Features: Weapon & Armor Proficiency: Mischiefmaker's gain no proficiency with small or light weapons.

Spells per day: A Mischiefmaker's training focuses on divine magic. Thus, when a character gains a new level of MM, she gains new spells per day as if she also gained a level in whatever spellcasting class she belonged to before she added the prestige class. She does not however gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained.

Mock Law: At 1'st level the MM gains a +2 divine bonus on saving throws against any spell with the law descriptor, as well as the spell-like or supernatural abilities of outsiders. In addition the MM also gains a +2 divine bonus to the DC of all spells he casts with the chaos, Luck and trickery descriptor.

Bonus Metamagic Feat: At 1'st level, you gain a bonus metamagic feat for which you meet the prerequisite.

Shadow Trick: At 2'nd level, once a day you can call forth the power of shadow, enveloping yourself in a clinging, concealing shroud of darkness. While this spell-like ability is in effect, you gain a number of benefits. The shadows wrapping your form grant you a +4 competence bonus on Escape Artist, Hide, and Move Silently checks. Your shadowy form also provides you with concealment. This shadowy concealment is not negated by a see invisibility spell, but a true seeing spell counteracts the effect. Standing within the radius of a daylight spell or in bright natural sunlight temporarily suppresses the concealment effect. In addition, if you have 5 ranks in Escape Artist, you can attempt to slip through a solid object or barrier up to 5 feet thick with a DC 20 Escape Artist check, though doing this ends the spell as soon as the attempt is completed (regardless of success). If you have 10 ranks in Escape Artist, you can attempt to pass through an object or barrier up to 10 feet thick. If you have 15 ranks in Escape Artist, you can attempt to pass through a barrier composed of magical force (or similar magical obstacles). This ability lasts 1 minute/ level of MM class, and requires 1 standard action to use.

Metamagic Trick: Beginning at 2'nd level, you understand how to apply the principle of tricks to your spellcasting. Once per day you can apply the effect of any one metamagic feat you know to a spell as you cast it without altering the spell’s effective level. The spell slot adjustment of the metamagic feat can’t exceed four.

Granted Domain: At 3'rd level the MM gains access to one domain chosen from among those her deity offers, and with it the granted power of that domain. Mischiefmakers who were once clerics essentially gain a third domain this way and can prepare their domain spells at each level from the new domain’s list if they wish.

Sneak Attack (su): At 3'rd level the MM gains the sneak attack rogue ability. +1d6 dmg.

Invisible Thief (Su): At 4'th level, the MM can become invisible, as if under the effects of greater invisibility, as a free action. She can remain invisible for a number of rounds per day equal to her MM level. Her caster level for this effect is equal to her full character caster level. These rounds need not be consecutive.

Tricky Magic (su): Beginning at 4'th level, once per day as a swift action, you can add your MM class level as a luck bonus on the save DC of all spells you cast until the start of your next turn.

Scoundrels Shadow : At 5'th level the MM has mastered the art of Trickery and Divine spells. The MM can become incorporeal once per day. A MM can remain incorporeal for a number of rounds equal to 5 + her Wis Mod. As an incorporeal creature, the MM can be harmed only by other incorporeal creatures, +1 or better magic weapons, and spells, spell-like abilities, and supernatural abilities. She is immune to all nonmagical attack forms. Even when hit by spells or magic weapons, the MM has a 50% chance to ignore any damage from a corporeal source (except for force effects, such as magic missile, or attacks made with ghost touch weapons). An incorporeal MM has no natural armor but has a deflection bonus equal to her Charisma modifier. An incorporeal MM can pass through solid objects at will, but not force effects. Her attack passes through (ignores) natural armor, armor, and shields, although deflection bonuses and force effects (such as mage armor) work normally against it. An incorporeal MM moves silently and cannot be heard with Listen checks if she doesn't wish to be. While incorporeal, the MM has no Strength score, so her Dexterity modifier applies to both her melee and her ranged attacks.

(All spell-like abilities are cast at total character caster level)

The Mischiefmaker TABLE 1:1

Base
       Attack
Level  Bonus      Fort  Ref  Will      Special                    Spellcasting
1st	+0	   +0	+2    +2       Mock Law,               +1  spellcasting level
                                       Bonus Metamagic Feat 
2nd	+1	   +0	+3    +3       Shadow Trick,           +1  spellcasting level                     
                                       Metamagic Trick      
3rd	+2	   +1   +3    +3       Granted Domain,         +1  spellcasting level                
                                       Sneak Attack +1d6
4th	+3	   +2   +4    +4       Tricky Magic,           +1  spellcasting level                     
                                       Invisible Thief
5th	+3	   +1	+4    +4       Scoundrels Shadow       +1  spellcasting level

Edited by - Copper Elven Vampire on 19 Jan 2017 23:10:28

Copper Elven Vampire
Senior Scribe

371 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2009 :  23:16:10  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Too many SlA's?
Go to Top of Page

Hellkeepa
Seeker

Norway
61 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2009 :  11:40:49  Show Profile  Visit Hellkeepa's Homepage Send Hellkeepa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
HELLo!

Yeah.. I think so, especially the Polymorph Other. I also notice that you're very fond of having abilities 2 times per day. Most of these would do better as once per day, or perhaps as seldom as once/twice per week. Especially some of the more powerful effects, such as Knock, Mislead, and perhaps Faerie Form.

Happy syncin'!

Dealing with 3.5 only. Refusing the reality of 4.0, and substituting it for my own.
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Senior Scribe

371 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2010 :  21:36:32  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Which ones would you suggest? I'm not too sure that this is overpowered, but I'm willing to make changes where they are needed.
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Senior Scribe

371 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2010 :  02:19:14  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
New changes made. I brought the SlA's down to once per day for more balance. Suggestions welcomed.

;)
Go to Top of Page

HideousPhidias
Acolyte

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2010 :  04:47:05  Show Profile  Send HideousPhidias an AOL message Send HideousPhidias a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would rework the requirements of this class. First the feats need, drop Stealthy and maybe Lucky fingers. This is mostly a caster class, that also has to do with fate and luck so maybe one luck or fate based feat and a metamagic feat. But you really don't want more then two feats for a requirement this tends to eat up all a character feat selection, which mean they are very specialized. The better prestige class allow you to specialize but still leave you room to breath. Second maybe think about lower the amount of sneak attack to get in to the class. You already have the need for 3rd level divine spell, I think having to be tenth level to get into this class is a bit high. You may wan to shot for six to eight. I would go with the need of one die of sneak attack seeing that it really not a main part of the class, almost an after thought to the flavor of this class. Third you may want to rethink the level of skill ranks need to get in to the class, you have remember this a cross class prestige class. That means to have 10 ranks in disable devise, disguise bluff and hide, all being rogue skills you have to at least a seventh level rogue and fifth level cleric to get into the class. I know the cleric can buy the skills at a cross class cost but they really don't the available skill point pool to do so. The high cross class skill cost would work if this was human prestige class with able learn feat but you made a cool elf class and I don't think you should open it up.

My suggestion for requirement changes, shooting to be able to get in to the class at seventh level.

Requirements: To qualify to become a Mischiefmaker, a character must fulfill all the following criteria.

Race: Character must be a Elf or Half Elf.

Skills: Knowledge (religion) 6 ranks, Knowledge (nature) 6 Disguise 5 ranks, Disable device 5 ranks, Bluff 6 ranks, Hide 5 ranks, Move silently 5 ranks, sleight of hand 5 ranks.

Feats: Regional feat: Swift and Silent, Forester, Luck of Heroes, or Woodwise Metamagic: Augment Summoning

Spellcasting: Ability to cast 3'rd level Divine spells. Must have either the chaos, trickery or luck domain.

Special: +1d6 Sneak attack ability. Must have Erevan Ilesere as a Patron Deity.

Other wise I really like this prestige class, it has a Divine Prankster fell to it. I love my gnome rogues. Anyways I hope you have good luck with you idea and don't think I am being to critical.
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2012 :  13:46:57  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
IMO too many skill requirements for the PrC. The base class is cleric, only receives 2+INT skill points per level. Given the amount of skills and the fact that several are cross-class skills for a cleric, qualifying for this class is going to be a long stretch...
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Senior Scribe

371 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2012 :  13:54:44  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mumadar Ibn Huzal

IMO too many skill requirements for the PrC. The base class is cleric, only receives 2+INT skill points per level. Given the amount of skills and the fact that several are cross-class skills for a cleric, qualifying for this class is going to be a long stretch...

10'th level min.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
3372 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2016 :  01:27:07  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rogue 3/ Cleric 5 makes the requirements. Even with an Intelligence of 10 you're getting 32 skill points at 1st level, which allows you to max out 8 skills (Disguise, Disable Device, Bluff, Hide, Move Silently, Sleight of Hand) plus 2 more (I like Open Lock and Use Magic Device). For 5 levels of cleric at 2+Int in skills you can easily get 6 ranks in Knowledge (Religion) and have 4 more by 5th level Cleric (8th character level overall).

Levels 1st and 6th will net you both Feats too. I'd also probably try and get Sacred Outlaw (Dragon mag. #357) which stacks both classes for determining Turning Damage against undead AND Sneak Attack. So Rogue 3/ Cleric 5/ Mischiefmaker 1 the 9th level feat could be Sacred Outlaw and get +4d6 sneak attack damage. For the price of Cleric 6 you get +5d6 Sneak Attack damage.

Also another route could be to go with Cloistered Cleric for more Skills (6 + Int) plus you know all Knowledge skills and Decipher Script and Speak Language. You also automatically gain the Knowledge domain and Add the following spells to the cloistered cleric's class spell list: 0—message; 1st—erase, identify, unseen servant; 2nd—fox's cunning; 3rd—illusory script, secret page, tongues (reduced from 4th level); 4th—detect scrying; 6th—analyze dweomer; 7th—sequester; 9th—vision.

The biggest problem is not being able to utilize your Turning feature enough. Most Clerics often go Divine Meta-magic with Quicken or Persistent Spell. You'd most likely have to go with Quicken because Planning isn't on Erevan's domain list.

4E Realms = Great Taste, Less Filling.

"If WotC were to put out a box of free money, people would still complain how it was folded."
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Senior Scribe

371 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2016 :  23:39:53  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diffan

Rogue 3/ Cleric 5 makes the requirements. Even with an Intelligence of 10 you're getting 32 skill points at 1st level, which allows you to max out 8 skills (Disguise, Disable Device, Bluff, Hide, Move Silently, Sleight of Hand) plus 2 more (I like Open Lock and Use Magic Device). For 5 levels of cleric at 2+Int in skills you can easily get 6 ranks in Knowledge (Religion) and have 4 more by 5th level Cleric (8th character level overall).

Levels 1st and 6th will net you both Feats too. I'd also probably try and get Sacred Outlaw (Dragon mag. #357) which stacks both classes for determining Turning Damage against undead AND Sneak Attack. So Rogue 3/ Cleric 5/ Mischiefmaker 1 the 9th level feat could be Sacred Outlaw and get +4d6 sneak attack damage. For the price of Cleric 6 you get +5d6 Sneak Attack damage.

Also another route could be to go with Cloistered Cleric for more Skills (6 + Int) plus you know all Knowledge skills and Decipher Script and Speak Language. You also automatically gain the Knowledge domain and Add the following spells to the cloistered cleric's class spell list: 0—message; 1st—erase, identify, unseen servant; 2nd—fox's cunning; 3rd—illusory script, secret page, tongues (reduced from 4th level); 4th—detect scrying; 6th—analyze dweomer; 7th—sequester; 9th—vision.

The biggest problem is not being able to utilize your Turning feature enough. Most Clerics often go Divine Meta-magic with Quicken or Persistent Spell. You'd most likely have to go with Quicken because Planning isn't on Erevan's domain list.

You have just gave me a few weeks of information gathering between work. lol. I don't mind giving up turning for a more trickster based full spell progression Cleric/Rogue Prc. I have no access to those cool sounding PrC's you mention.

Thanks. :)
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
3372 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2016 :  17:45:03  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well the Cloistered Cleric variant class can be found HERE but it's from Unearthed Arcana (v3.5) so that might be a no-no for some people.

The feat Sacred Outlaw is along the same vein as the ones that are printed in Complete Scoundrel or Complete Adventurer that helps with multiclassing. The Paladin/Monk and Paladin/Rogue have one as well.

Have any questions I'll happily answer them

"If WotC were to put out a box of free money, people would still complain how it was folded."
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Senior Scribe

371 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2016 :  17:51:44  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well the Cloistered Cleric variant class can be found HERE but it's from Unearthed Arcana (v3.5) so that might be a no-no for some people.

The feat Sacred Outlaw is along the same vein as the ones that are printed in Complete Scoundrel or Complete Adventurer that helps with multiclassing. The Paladin/Monk and Paladin/Rogue have one as well.

Have any questions I'll happily answer them

I just COMPLETELY changed the PrC. I would truly appreciate your feedback and critique.
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Senior Scribe

371 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2016 :  02:39:09  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I may replace False Theurgy with a Bonus Metamagic Feat. Not sure yet.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
3372 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2016 :  06:32:32  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
First lets get you a table. They always make a class just look cleaner and better :)

Base
       Attack
1st	+0	   +0	+2    +2       Bonus metamagic,        +1  spellcasting level
                                       Mock Law 
2nd	+1	   +0	+3    +3       Metamagic trick,        +1  spellcasting level
                                       Shadow Trick      
3rd	+2	   +1   +3    +3       Conceal spellcasting,   +1  spellcasting level
                                       sneak attack +1d6
4th	+3	   +2   +4    +4       Mislead, Tricky magic   +1  spellcasting level
5th	+3	   +1	+4    +4       Scoundrel's shadow      +1  spellcasting level

Now that that's done, the features are pretty cool. I like how you tie in the Escape Artist into the effects of the shadow, however there should be a caveat for when you attempt to go through the area and you don't cover the distance (like going through 10-ft but not making the check). Probably should have a nasty consequence.

Also there's no limit on how many times you can use Shadow Trick. Is there supposed to be? It also has no time limit. Might be bothersome and a little OP.

Third, I like that you get benefits to things with the any of the domains you decided to go with so it doesn't matter if you went Luck and Elf or Trickery and Darkness etc.

All in all, looks pretty fun.

Edited by - Diffan on 25 Dec 2016 06:33:51
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Senior Scribe

371 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2016 :  20:23:32  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

First lets get you a table. They always make a class just look cleaner and better :)

Base
       Attack
1st	+0	   +0	+2    +2       Bonus metamagic,        +1  spellcasting level
                                       Mock Law 
2nd	+1	   +0	+3    +3       Metamagic trick,        +1  spellcasting level
                                       Shadow Trick      
3rd	+2	   +1   +3    +3       Conceal spellcasting,   +1  spellcasting level
                                       sneak attack +1d6
4th	+3	   +2   +4    +4       Mislead, Tricky magic   +1  spellcasting level
5th	+3	   +1	+4    +4       Scoundrel's shadow      +1  spellcasting level

Now that that's done, the features are pretty cool. I like how you tie in the Escape Artist into the effects of the shadow, however there should be a caveat for when you attempt to go through the area and you don't cover the distance (like going through 10-ft but not making the check). Probably should have a nasty consequence.

Also there's no limit on how many times you can use Shadow Trick. Is there supposed to be? It also has no time limit. Might be bothersome and a little OP.

Third, I like that you get benefits to things with the any of the domains you decided to go with so it doesn't matter if you went Luck and Elf or Trickery and Darkness etc.

All in all, looks pretty fun.

Thank you so much Diffan. Shadow trick is once per day. It lasts 1 minute/level of MM PrC, and it takes 1 standard action to use. I would assume you would make the Check to pass the 10 ft. before it would allow you to pass through. If you don't make the check then you don't pass through. Also... do you think Scoundrels shadow is acceptable? Would you allow this PrC in your campaign.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
3372 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2016 :  09:39:34  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Copper Elven Vampire

Thank you so much Diffan. Shadow trick is once per day. It lasts 1 minute/level of MM PrC, and it takes 1 standard action to use. I would assume you would make the Check to pass the 10 ft. before it would allow you to pass through. If you don't make the check then you don't pass through. Also... do you think Scoundrels shadow is acceptable? Would you allow this PrC in your campaign.

You're welcome, I actually like making tables like that, lol. The clarification on Shadow Trick makes it goof but not broken. As for Scoundrels Shadow I think it's fine for a daily ability for a few rounds. I'd allow a Player to use this prestige class.

Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Senior Scribe

371 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2016 :  01:19:29  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well then, I guess I'll create a Pc and run this in a game. Do you prefer this version of The Mischiefmaker or the old version?
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
3372 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2016 :  13:18:23  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I really do like this version. I also made up a PC (13th level) to see how things turned out. I could post it here if you want? He's a moon elf Rogue 3/ Cleric 5/ Mischiefmaker (of Erevan Ilesere) 5

Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Senior Scribe

371 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2016 :  14:55:55  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I really do like this version. I also made up a PC (13th level) to see how things turned out. I could post it here if you want? He's a moon elf Rogue 3/ Cleric 5/ Mischiefmaker (of Erevan Ilesere) 5

Yes, I would like that very much. I was going to go with Moon Elf of Erevan Ilesere as well. I look forward to it.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
3372 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2016 :  21:39:02  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So I used 4d6, drop the lowest for stat generation and gave him the standard Wealth-by-Level for a 13th level character (110,000 gp). Hit points are max at 1st level, avg. rolls for the remaining 12 levels.

Talvion; CR 13
Male Moon elf rogue 3/ cleric 5/ mischiefmaker 5 (of Erevan Ilesere)
CN Medium humanoid (elf)
Init +6; Senses low-light vision, Listen +10, Spot +10
Aura Chaotic (Strong)
Languages Chondathan, Common, Elven
===========================================================================
AC 24, touch 18, flat-footed 18, Uncanny Dodge
(+6 armor, +6 Dex, +2 deflection)
HP 71
Resist Evasion
Immune sleep
Fort +9, Ref +16, Will +15; +2 to saves against enchantments and spells with the law descriptor
Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
Melee +2 rapier with greater truedeath crystal +16/+11 (1d6+4/18-20) or
Melee sword of subtlety +15/+10 (1d6+2/19-20) or
Melee +2 rapier with greater truedeath crystal +14/+9 (1d6+4/18-20) and sword of subtlety +13/+8 (1d6+2/19-20) with Improved Two-Weapon Fighting
Base Atk +8; Grp +10
Atk Options sneak attack +5d6 (+4 to attacks with sword of subtlety)
Special Actions metamagic trick 1/day, tricky magic 1/day (+5 to your spell DCs until your next turn), turn undead 6/day (+5, 2d6+11; 8th), scoundrel's shadow 1/day (9 minutes), shadow trick 1/day (5 minutes)
Combat gear bracers of quick strikes 1/day (grants extra attack), circlet of rapid casting 3 charges/day, corsair's eyepatch 3/day (see invisibility 1 round or Blind-Fight for 1 minutes), heartseeking amulet 3/day (melee attack is a touch attack)
Cleric Spells Prepared (CL 10th)
5th—break enchantment, greater command (DC 19), true seeing
4th—confusion (DC 18), death ward, divine power, freedom of movement, spell immunity (dispel magic, invisibility purge)
3rd—blindness/deafness (DC 17), dispel magic, magic circle against law, prayer, protection from energy
2nd—darkness, enthrall (DC 16), find traps, hold person (DC 16), invisibility, silence
1st—bless, command (DC 15), disguise self, divine favor, obscuring mist, shield of faith
0—create water, cure minor wounds, detect magic, detect poison, mending, read magic
Domain Spell
Domains: Lucky (1/day reroll a check before knowing the outcome), Trickery (Bluff, Disguise, and Hide are class skills)
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 5th)
Mislead 1/day (DC 24)
Abilites Str 15, Dex 22, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 19, Cha 16
SQ able to notice secret or concealed doors, conceal spellcasting, mock law, spontaneously cast cure spells, trapfinding
Feats Divine Metamagic [Quicken Spell], Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, Quicken Spell, Sacred Outlaw, Silent Spell, Two-Weapon Fighting, Weapon Finesse
Skills Balance +6, Bluff +10, Climb +2, Concentration +7, Craft (poisonmaking) +2, Diplomacy +3, Disguise +10, Disable Device +9, Escape Artist +12, Heal +3, Hide +17, Jump +2, Knowledge (religion) +8, Listen +10, Move Silently +17, Open Lock +17, Sleight of Hand +12, Search +9, Spellcraft +4, Spot +10, Survival +4, Tumble +13, Use Magic Device +10, Use Rope +6
Flaw Murky-Eyed (roll twice on attacks against concealment, if either roll fails they both do)
Possessions combat gear plus reaper's edge (+2 rapier with greater crystal of truedeath), sword of subtlety (+1 shortsword), +3 studded leather armor, gloves of Dexterity +2, boots of elvenkind, cloak of resistance +2, ring of protection +2, ring of lockpicking, belt of giant's strength +4, bag of holding (Type II), metamagic rod of lesser silent, 50 pp, 95 gp.

Edited by - Diffan on 30 Dec 2016 01:51:31
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Senior Scribe

371 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2016 :  16:09:59  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks great Diffan. Great Job. Are you going to test play this character? Do you have a backstory? If you test play this character I'd love to know how the PrC works for you.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
3372 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2016 :  22:27:11  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Looks great Diffan. Great Job. Are you going to test play this character? Do you have a backstory? If you test play this character I'd love to know how the PrC works for you.

Thanks! We currently have about 10 different campaigns going on of various levels and editions however one in particular, Anauroch: Empire of Shade, is one that I could forsee DMing again in the near future and all the PCs are at 13th level. If I DM that I could easily see Talvion making an appearance. The group had just left the relative peace of Myth Drannor and it would be a simple thing to put him in the campaign, sort of stalking the group and making sure they'll succeed on behalf of the Elven nation. I mean I don't think an agent of Erevan Ilesere is a particular fan of Shar or her Shadovar minions.

As for his backstory, he grew up in Skullport and had a hard life of living among the bad races that dwell there. His Murky-Eyed flaw comes from being too close to a wizard's fireball spell, causing minor damage to his eye-sight. After living a life of thievery and deceit he left Skullport due to some.....questionable contacts and made enemies there. He fled to Myth Drannor because he heard it was reclaimed and he wanted to see the fabled Elven city of Song.

Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Senior Scribe

371 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2016 :  04:15:03  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Thanks! We currently have about 10 different campaigns going on of various levels and editions however one in particular, Anauroch: Empire of Shade, is one that I could forsee DMing again in the near future and all the PCs are at 13th level. If I DM that I could easily see Talvion making an appearance. The group had just left the relative peace of Myth Drannor and it would be a simple thing to put him in the campaign, sort of stalking the group and making sure they'll succeed on behalf of the Elven nation. I mean I don't think an agent of Erevan Ilesere is a particular fan of Shar or her Shadovar minions.

As for his backstory, he grew up in Skullport and had a hard life of living among the bad races that dwell there. His Murky-Eyed flaw comes from being too close to a wizard's fireball spell, causing minor damage to his eye-sight. After living a life of thievery and deceit he left Skullport due to some.....questionable contacts and made enemies there. He fled to Myth Drannor because he heard it was reclaimed and he wanted to see the fabled Elven city of Song.

That is good stuff Diffan! Talvion could also be a member of The Rogues of The Laughing Twilight sent on a mission to 'shadow' the PC's throughout Myth Drannor to further the Guilds' intentions. :)
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Senior Scribe

371 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2016 :  23:45:22  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Curudin Ahmaquissar and his Rogues of The Laughing Twilight were caught Plane-Shifting during the Sundering. Due to this complicated shift-block in time, magic and space, the entire guild was transplanted back on Faerun during 1375 DR. Every single one of them was transplanted back to what they were doing during the same day of the same month of the same time of year. Yet they did not grow any younger or attain any abilities with age. A faint memory of doing something else, and being somewhere else is prominent. During the Time Travel back many decades they have forgotten all the deeds they had accomplished during those future years, but retain all and any sensabilities. All feats and skills and spells and knowledge is undone from everyone in the guild caught in the Time-Rift.

I Don't Know.... I only play 3ED and 3.5ED, same with my game crew. We all only play 3.5.

The Divine Agent PrC seems like a Divine class that is closely related to being able to Plane Shift several times a week and having a Strong Aura of Divine power connected to your Deity.
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Senior Scribe

371 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2016 :  23:55:15  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is the 10 lvl PrC that I made into a 5 lvl and took out most of the very powerful class abilities. Would any of you allow this PrC in your game, and do you think it still keeps the cool flavor of the class? All comments are welcome.

This is The Divine Agent from Manual of The Planes accessory. You can reference the PrC from the PdF or your own book. Tell me what you think. Would you allow this, compared to the original in the 3.0 ED?

Spells per day: A Divine Agent's training focuses on divine magic. Thus, when a character gains a new level, she gains new spells per day as if she also gained a level in whatever Divine spellcasting class she belonged to before she added the prestige class. She does not however gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained.

Granted Domain: At 1'st level a divine agent gains access to one domain chosen from among those her deity offers, and with it the granted power of that domain. Divine agents who were once clerics essentially gain a third domain this way and can prepare their domain spells at each level from the new domain’s list if they wish.

Godly gift: : At 1'st, 3'rd, and 5'th levels, the deity bestows on the divine agent a gift. Each deity’s gift varies, but it is usually the ability to use a spell from one of the divine agent’s domains as a spell-like ability. The deity offers a spell of the divine agent’s level or lower. In other words, a 3rd-level divine agent would gain one of her 1st-level, 2nd-level, or 3rd-level domain spells as a spell-like ability. The divine agent may use this ability once per day. The spell-like ability functions as a spell cast by a cleric of a level equal to the divine agent’s character level.

Menacing aura: : At 2'nd level, a divine agent gains the ability to generate an intangible, invisible aura of menace that weakens hostile creatures within a 20-foot radius. Anyone about to attack the divine agent must attempt a Will save (DC = the divine agent’s character level). Those who fail the saving throw suffer a –2 morale penalty on attacks, checks, and saves for one full day or until they successfully damage the divine agent generating the aura. A creature that made its initial save or damaged the divine agent is immune to that divine agent’s aura for one day.

Mystic union: At 4'th level, a divine agent becomes a magical creature. She is treated as an outsider of the deity’s home plane rather than as a humanoid. For instance, charm person does not affect her. Additionally, the divine agent gains damage reduction 20/+1. This damage reduction does not stack with other forms of damage reduction.

Plane shift to Deities Plane: : A divine agent of 5th level may plane shift to her deity’s home plane once per day, and from that plane to the divine agent’s native plane. This spell-like ability functions as the spell cast by a cleric of a level equal to the divine agent’s character level.

The Divine Agent TABLE 1:1

Base
       Attack
1st	+0	   +0	+2    +2       Granted Domain,         +1  spellcasting level
                                       Godly gift 
2nd	+1	   +0	+3    +3       Menacing aura           +1  spellcasting level

3rd	+2	   +1   +3    +3       Godly gift              +1  spellcasting level

4th	+3	   +2   +4    +4       Mystic Union            +1  spellcasting level
5th	+3	   +1	+4    +4       Godly gift, 
                                       Plane shift             +1  spellcasting level

Edited by - Copper Elven Vampire on 31 Dec 2016 23:59:06
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
3372 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2017 :  20:12:07  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Here is the 10 lvl PrC that I made into a 5 lvl and took out most of the very powerful class abilities. Would any of you allow this PrC in your game, and do you think it still keeps the cool flavor of the class? All comments are welcome.

This is The Divine Agent from Manual of The Planes accessory. You can reference the PrC from the PdF or your own book. Tell me what you think. Would you allow this, compared to the original in the 3.0 ED?

Spells per day: A Divine Agent's training focuses on divine magic. Thus, when a character gains a new level, she gains new spells per day as if she also gained a level in whatever Divine spellcasting class she belonged to before she added the prestige class. She does not however gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained.

Granted Domain: At 1'st level a divine agent gains access to one domain chosen from among those her deity offers, and with it the granted power of that domain. Divine agents who were once clerics essentially gain a third domain this way and can prepare their domain spells at each level from the new domain’s list if they wish.

Godly gift: : At 1'st, 3'rd, and 5'th levels, the deity bestows on the divine agent a gift. Each deity’s gift varies, but it is usually the ability to use a spell from one of the divine agent’s domains as a spell-like ability. The deity offers a spell of the divine agent’s level or lower. In other words, a 3rd-level divine agent would gain one of her 1st-level, 2nd-level, or 3rd-level domain spells as a spell-like ability. The divine agent may use this ability once per day. The spell-like ability functions as a spell cast by a cleric of a level equal to the divine agent’s character level.

Menacing aura: : At 2'nd level, a divine agent gains the ability to generate an intangible, invisible aura of menace that weakens hostile creatures within a 20-foot radius. Anyone about to attack the divine agent must attempt a Will save (DC = the divine agent’s character level). Those who fail the saving throw suffer a –2 morale penalty on attacks, checks, and saves for one full day or until they successfully damage the divine agent generating the aura. A creature that made its initial save or damaged the divine agent is immune to that divine agent’s aura for one day.

Mystic union: At 4'th level, a divine agent becomes a magical creature. She is treated as an outsider of the deity’s home plane rather than as a humanoid. For instance, charm person does not affect her. Additionally, the divine agent gains damage reduction 20/+1. This damage reduction does not stack with other forms of damage reduction.

Plane shift to Deities Plane: : A divine agent of 5th level may plane shift to her deity’s home plane once per day, and from that plane to the divine agent’s native plane. This spell-like ability functions as the spell cast by a cleric of a level equal to the divine agent’s character level.

The Divine Agent TABLE 1:1

Base
       Attack
1st	+0	   +0	+2    +2       Granted Domain,         +1  spellcasting level
                                       Godly gift 
2nd	+1	   +0	+3    +3       Menacing aura           +1  spellcasting level

3rd	+2	   +1   +3    +3       Godly gift              +1  spellcasting level

4th	+3	   +2   +4    +4       Mystic Union            +1  spellcasting level
5th	+3	   +1	+4    +4       Godly gift, 
                                       Plane shift             +1  spellcasting level

Menacing Aura is rather blah. DC = to Character level means at most it can be 20 and after you're hit, it goes away. Not likely very useful. I'd make it DC = 10 + 1/2 character level + Wisdom modifier) and after the fail save is affected for up to 1 hour regardless if they hit the Divine Agent or not.

Mystic Union is pretty cool, because even certain creatures at higher levels still use their natural weapons and not magical ones, but I'd change it to DR 20/magic as there are not variations on different magical enchantment properties vs. DR anymore. Or keep it to add flair.

Glad you took out Gate because.....just *ugh* I really don't like that spell but I would've kept Altered Appearance. It's not that great as a feature but it has a lot of flavor and could be fun.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000