Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 Misadventurer of Brandobaris
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2009 :  21:59:22  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
The Misadventurer (Specialty cleric of Brandobaris)

Misadventurers believe that adventure and risk are the spices of life, and stealth and subtlety are the tools of the trade. They seek excitement and danger wherever their feet take them, for risk-taking leads to life's great rewards. They lust for the thrill, not for the treasure, for greed obscures the true prize of the experience. At the end of the day, the wildest tale is the greatest reward. They seek excitement and danger by taking active risks and by employing the skills taught to them by The Master of Stealth. Most Misadventurers are often involved in daring thefts, smooth cons, and other larcenous behavior, they are thrill seekers, not bandits. They are driven by the acquisition of treasure, not by the holding of it. They are always on the lookout for a worthy risk or challenge to face, and they enjoy seeking out highly skilled rogues of other fun loving deities to join them on their adventures... or misadventures.

Hit Die: d6.

Requirements: To qualify to become a Misadventurer, a character must fulfill all the following criteria.

Race: Character must be a Halfling.

Skills: Knowledge (religion) 5 ranks, Disguise 7 ranks, Disable device 8 ranks, Bluff 10 ranks, Hide 7 ranks, Move silently 12 ranks, sleight of hand 5 ranks, Gather information 5 ranks.

Feats: Dodge, Stealthy, Improved initiative.

Spellcasting: Ability to cast 3'rd level Divine spells. Must have the Luck domain.

Special: +3d6 Sneak attack ability. Must have Brandobaris as a Patron Deity.

Class Skills: Balance, Bluff, Climb, Concentration, Craft, Diplomacy, Disguise, Disable Device, Escape artist, Gather information, Heal, Hide, Intuit direction, Jump, Knowledge (religion), Listen, Move silently, Open lock, Sleight of hand, Profession, Search, Spot, Tumble, Use magic device, Use rope, Wilderness lore .
Skill points at each level- 6 + Int mod.

Class Features: Weapon & Armor Proficiency: Misadventurers gain no proficiency with small or light weapons.

Spells per day: A Misadventurer’s training focuses on Divine magic. Thus, when a character gains a new level of MP, she gains new spells per day as if she also gained a level in whatever spellcasting class she belonged to before she added the prestige class. She does not however gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained.

Rapscallion’s stealth: At 1'st level the Misadventurer can call upon her deity's power to shield her from prying eyes and ears. As a standard action, she can grant herself a +10 sacred bonus on Hide and Move silently checks. This benefit lasts for a number of minutes per day equal to her charisma modifier. This duration need not be consecutive and may be broken up into 1 round increment if so desired. Enabling this effect is a free action.

Find the path: At 1'st level the Misadventurer can use Find the path once per day.

Tricksters Toes: At 2'nd level the Misadventurer may move up to her normal speed while using the Hide or Move Silently skills at no penalty. In addition she may take 10 on these checks, once per day, even while in a rush or threatened.

Brandobaris's Grace: at 2'nd level the Misadventurer may become more graceful, agile and coordinated. This spell-like ability works like Cat's grace but grants an enhancement bonus to Dexterity of 1d6 +1 points, adding the usual benefits to AC, reflex saves, and other uses of the dexterity modifier. This ability may be used once per day.

Sneak attack: At 3'rd level the Misadventurer gains the Sneak Attack rogue ability, +1d6 dmg.

Streak of luck (su): At 3'rd level the Misadventurer may improve her luck. Whenever she makes a luck reroll, using the granted power of the Luck domain, she gains a +2 luck bonus to that reroll once per day.

Slippery Mind (Ex): At 4'th level the Misadventurer gains the ability to wriggle free from magical effects that would otherwise control or compel her. If a Misadventurer with slippery mind is affected by an enchantment spell or effect and fails her saving throw, she can attempt it again 1 round later at the same DC. She gets only this one extra chance to succeed on her saving throw.

Persuasive scamp (Ex): At 4'th level the Misadventurer's skills of persuasion are so great you can sell a tindertwig hat to a troll. You gain a +6 bonus on all Bluff and Intimidate checks.

Irrepressible movement: At 5th level the Misadventurer gains Freedom of movement as a spell-like ability once per day.

Divine manipulation: at 5'th level the Misadventurer can cast a spell without revealing that you are doing so. Make a sleight of hand check as part of your action used to cast the spell, opposed by the spot checks of onlookers. If you succeed, an observer can't tell you're casting a spell. That observer cannot make an attack of opportunity against you for casting, nor can it attempt to counter your spell. In addition, if your sleight of hand check is successful, then you gain a +2 bonus to the DC for that spell only.

(all spell-like abilities are cast at total character caster level)

CL-BAB-FS-RS-WS-Special- Spells per day

1'st-+0-+0-+2-+2-- Rapscallions stealth, Find the path- +1level

2'nd-+1-+0-+3-+3-Tricksters toes, Brandobaris's grace -+1level

3'rd-+2-+1-+3-+3-Streak of luck, Sneak attack -+1level

4'th-+3-+1-+4-+4- Slippery Mind, Persuasive scamp -+1level

5'th-+3-+1-+4-+4-Irrepressible movement, Divine manipulation-+1levelERWaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaAA

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2010 :  22:34:49  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I re-vamped this a little here and a little there, giving more towards stealth. Hope you all enjoy!
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2010 :  19:35:07  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Put a plus 2 to the DC of spells when divine manipulation is used.
Go to Top of Page

Azyx Drow Wizard
Acolyte

10 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2010 :  22:53:02  Show Profile  Visit Azyx Drow Wizard's Homepage Send Azyx Drow Wizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like it!
Actually, I think it's great!
In the current game that I'm DM-ing, one of my friends is playing a halfling rogue who is a worshiper of Brandobaris.
Would it be OK if I used your material for a priest of Brandobaris that has to give his character a quest?

Go to Top of Page

Elfinblade
Senior Scribe

Norway
377 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2010 :  07:19:34  Show Profile Send Elfinblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I concur. I missed you first draft of this one unfortunately, but i like this class very much. Starting to chuckle to myself just reading the class name. One of our players too could be interested in this Prestige class if we have thy permission?
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2010 :  20:31:49  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you... thank you very much. Go ahead and use it. Just let me know how it works out in your campaign.

CEV ;)
Go to Top of Page

phatcat
Acolyte

5 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2010 :  11:50:09  Show Profile  Visit phatcat's Homepage Send phatcat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I really like this!

With your permission I'd love to use this for one of my players in the future (Currently playing City of the Spider Queen, so it might be a little difficult to implement this in a campaign where all the players are going to play an Underdark race). If you think it's okay I'm definitely going to save a copy of this, giving you credit off course.

It might be my affinity with Halflings and thieves, but I honestly like this prestige class.. a lot!

If chaos and destruction are lightning, Twoflower would be the kind of person standing on the top of a hill, wearing a wet copper armor, screaming: "All gods are bastards!" - Rincewind
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2010 :  17:20:09  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by phatcat

I really like this!

With your permission I'd love to use this for one of my players in the future (Currently playing City of the Spider Queen, so it might be a little difficult to implement this in a campaign where all the players are going to play an Underdark race). If you think it's okay I'm definitely going to save a copy of this, giving you credit off course.

It might be my affinity with Halflings and thieves, but I honestly like this prestige class.. a lot!

Absolutely! Feel free to use it in your game. Just let me know how it works out and keep me posted as to how you use this PrC in the heat of the moment. CEV
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2011 :  01:46:13  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Changed a few things after some great game play. Hope you enjoy!

CEV
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2012 :  16:29:38  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Picture Jak from The Erevis Cale Trilogy.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000