Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 Miniatures
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tyranthraxus
Senior Scribe

Netherlands
423 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2009 :  16:54:09  Show Profile  Visit Tyranthraxus's Homepage Send Tyranthraxus a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I've been painting miniatures for some time and recently posted some pictures of them on the internet.

http://spellscarred.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=7290027

I hope you like them. Feedback from more experienced painters is welcome.

Wenin
Senior Scribe

585 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2009 :  17:18:44  Show Profile Send Wenin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some of the pictures, you can't see the detail due to shading.

I like the Minotaur the most.

Session Reports posted at RPG Geek.
Stem the Tide Takes place in Mistledale.
Dark Curtains - Takes place in the Savage North, starting in Nesmé. I wrapped my campaign into the Hoard of the Dragon Queen, but it takes place in 1372 DR.
Go to Top of Page

Tyranthraxus
Senior Scribe

Netherlands
423 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2009 :  17:33:42  Show Profile  Visit Tyranthraxus's Homepage Send Tyranthraxus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wenin

Some of the pictures, you can't see the detail due to shading.

Yeah I know, it was getting dark so I turned on the lights.

quote:
Originally posted by Wenin

I like the Minotaur the most.

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Kiaransalyn
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
762 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2009 :  20:54:13  Show Profile Send Kiaransalyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heel goed! (Hopefully, that's correct.)

I like them. I don't paint miniatures myself so I can't give any other comment apart from liking them.

Death is Life
Love is Hate
Revenge is Forgiveness

Ken: You from the States?
Jimmy: Yeah. But don't hold it against me.
Ken: I'll try not to... Just try not to say anything too loud or crass.
Go to Top of Page

Amraz one arm
Acolyte

Netherlands
42 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2009 :  09:34:53  Show Profile  Visit Amraz one arm's Homepage Send Amraz one arm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very nice,
I always like it when people do the extra effort and paint the miniatures. Not the metal-shining puppets my players play with.....
Owlbear is great, immediatly thought of bad-ass Meneer De Uil who was having a nervous break-down

"You smell human to me."
Go to Top of Page

Tyranthraxus
Senior Scribe

Netherlands
423 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2009 :  10:39:30  Show Profile  Visit Tyranthraxus's Homepage Send Tyranthraxus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kiaransalyn

Heel goed! (Hopefully, that's correct.)

I like them. I don't paint miniatures myself so I can't give any other comment apart from liking them.

Vielen dank

quote:
Originally posted by Amraz one arm

Very nice,
I always like it when people do the extra effort and paint the miniatures. Not the metal-shining puppets my players play with.....
Owlbear is great, immediatly thought of bad-ass Meneer De Uil who was having a nervous break-down

The owlbear was great fun to paint. I think the eyes turned out really good.
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2009 :  15:39:46  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very nice work. Wish I had that on my Dragon Strike and Hero Quest figures.

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Kno
Senior Scribe

452 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2009 :  20:32:24  Show Profile Send Kno a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Haha the owlbear, what a guy.

z455t
Go to Top of Page

Tyranthraxus
Senior Scribe

Netherlands
423 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2011 :  03:11:29  Show Profile  Visit Tyranthraxus's Homepage Send Tyranthraxus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's been a while since I last painted but luckily I had more than enough time during the summer.

I proudly present you:

Elminster front
Elminster back

Unfortunately that's not an official Elminster miniature, but the guy who sold me this says he owns a bunch of Ral Partha DragonLance and FR miniatures but wasn't willing to sell them to me (yet). If anyone knows where I might get my hands on those (besides eBay), let me know.

Purple Dragon Knights front
Purple Dragon Knighs back

Enjoy!

And don't forget to check the rest of my newly painted mini's
Go to Top of Page

Bakra
Senior Scribe

628 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2011 :  15:07:47  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tyranthraxus

It's been a while since I last painted but luckily I had more than enough time during the summer.

I proudly present you:

Elminster front
Elminster back

Unfortunately that's not an official Elminster miniature, but the guy who sold me this says he owns a bunch of Ral Partha DragonLance and FR miniatures but wasn't willing to sell them to me (yet). If anyone knows where I might get my hands on those (besides eBay), let me know.

Purple Dragon Knights front
Purple Dragon Knighs back

Enjoy!

And don't forget to check the rest of my newly painted mini's

My helmet off to you Sir. You have done a great job. For old Ral Partha minis your best bet is the Noble Knight website.

I hope Candlekeep continues to be the friendly forum of fellow Realms-lovers that it has always been, as we all go through this together. If you don’t want to move to the “new” Realms, that doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with either you or the “old” Realms. Goodness knows Candlekeep, and the hearts of its scribes, are both big enough to accommodate both. If we want them to be.
(Strikes dramatic pose, raises sword to gleam in the sunset, and hopes breeches won’t fall down.)
Enough for now. The Realms lives! I have spoken! Ale and light wines half price, served by a smiling Storm Silverhand fetchingly clad in thigh-high boots and naught else! Ahem . .
So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Tyranthraxus
Senior Scribe

Netherlands
423 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2011 :  15:41:08  Show Profile  Visit Tyranthraxus's Homepage Send Tyranthraxus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bakra

My helmet off to you Sir. You have done a great job. For old Ral Partha minis your best bet is the Noble Knight website.

Thanks for the tip, unfortunately the FR minis are sold out ATM but I'll check the website once in a while.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4425 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2011 :  14:13:47  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There are really good! I just started painting miniatures last week and it's been fun, if a little stressful lol. I started with Reaper minis and This Guy. So far, so good. Though I'm having a difficult time on the eyes and smaller parts (like buckles, pommels, and any designs I wish to put on the figurine.
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7966 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2011 :  20:33:52  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll admit I'm not interested in figs myself, having lost friends to BattleTech and 40K wargaming. But those do look quite good. Why do they have a shiny glazed appearance, is that some sort of transparent laminate or sealant?

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2011 :  04:11:43  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Quite good, Tyranthraxus. I specially like Elminster.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Tyranthraxus
Senior Scribe

Netherlands
423 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2011 :  14:14:34  Show Profile  Visit Tyranthraxus's Homepage Send Tyranthraxus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diffan

There are really good! I just started painting miniatures last week and it's been fun, if a little stressful lol. I started with Reaper minis and This Guy. So far, so good. Though I'm having a difficult time on the eyes and smaller parts (like buckles, pommels, and any designs I wish to put on the figurine.

Cool, I'd like to see them when they're finished.

quote:
Originally posted by Arik

I'll admit I'm not interested in figs myself, having lost friends to BattleTech and 40K wargaming. But those do look quite good. Why do they have a shiny glazed appearance, is that some sort of transparent laminate or sealant?

It's varnish, but my local game store only sells the glossy one.

quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

Quite good, Tyranthraxus. I specially like Elminster.

Thanks, he was a blast to paint and I'm glad you guys like him . I'm thinking of orderdering this miniature and paint him to look like Drizzt, and this one to paint as Fzoul. But I have to practice my sculpting so I can add a mustache.
Go to Top of Page

Tyranthraxus
Senior Scribe

Netherlands
423 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2011 :  00:29:51  Show Profile  Visit Tyranthraxus's Homepage Send Tyranthraxus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have this neat miniature lying around and I decided to repaint it again. Somehow it reminds me of Jarlaxle and I tried sculpting an eye patch, cloak, and a feather.

Jarlaxle WIP front
Jarlaxle WIP back

This is my first attempt at sculpting green stuff and I'm quite happy with the result .
Go to Top of Page

Tyranthraxus
Senior Scribe

Netherlands
423 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2011 :  22:18:38  Show Profile  Visit Tyranthraxus's Homepage Send Tyranthraxus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've finally managed to finish some of the Ral Partha Forgotten Realms miniatures. I'm sorry for the bad lighting. I recently moved and I didn't have time to properly set up my work bench.

Wulfgar
Dragonbait
Robyn

Coming up next are the Magister, Drizzt, and Fzoul .
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000