Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Moonstars' Goals
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2020 :  20:29:01  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

Curious that this thread should resurrect itself spontaneously just as I was looking at detailing info on Those Formerly Referred to as Prefects (whose name rankled George Krashos unto fits).

Yes, I'm blowing the dust off my keyboards and hoping to get some new stuff out into the world whether for free on my website or for sale via DM Guild.... More soon, gentles and less-than-so's...

Steven

Ooh, you know I'm interested!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2020 :  09:34:43  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Curious that this thread should resurrect itself spontaneously just as I was looking at detailing info on Those Formerly Referred to as Prefects (whose name rankled George Krashos unto fits).

Yes, I'm blowing the dust off my keyboards and hoping to get some new stuff out into the world whether for free on my website or for sale via DM Guild.... More soon, gentles and less-than-so's...

Steven

It wasn't the best name you've come up with but Ed let us know in his Herald novel that "the Prefects" was an archaic name for the Keeper of Tomes and Great Readers of Candlekeep. So your "Dark Prefects" smack of an individual there who went rogue and set up his own group. So Steven, when was Palron Kaeth at Candlekeep?

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus

Edited by - George Krashos on 30 Nov 2020 01:32:50
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2020 :  21:23:21  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

quote:

Steven

It wasn't the best name you've come up with but Ed let us know in his Herald novel that "the Prefects" was an archaic name for the Keeper of Tomes and Great Readers of Candlekeep. So your "Dark Prefects" smack of an individual there who went rogue and set up his own group. So Steven, when was Palron Kieth at Candlekeep?

-- George Krashos

Gee, George, Palron Kaeth may never have been at Candlekeep...but at least some of those with whom he associated were there or touched the minds and souls of those who had..... :D

Steven
Who's playing cards close to vest as it's more fun that way...

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2020 :  21:30:55  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
PS: To George and others

When I named them Prefects, I'd not been that familiar with the term's use within private schools, but in the more broad sense as a leader: "a chief officer, magistrate, or regional governor in certain countries."

Chapter 18 of BLACKSTAFF has the best and most coherent look at the Prefects of the Three In Darkness.

Are there hints of more to come? Sure, but even George doesn't know everything I'm planning with them, and Palron Kaeth in particular.

Can't recall--have I ever let slip exactly (or even hinted) at who the Three in Darkness are that they serve? Might be Leira and two other Powers...or it could be something else entirely that just falls in step with Leira's faith to draw in Luuthis Fharren, the so-called Lord High Obfuscator.

There. That enough hints and mysteries for a week of misdirection before our Friday conclave on magical items?

Steven

Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2020 :  22:00:19  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mr. Schend,

I am sort of curious if answering the question of Senior Scribe Knight of the Gate from 2009 is still on the plate, assuming it hadn't been, as a follow-up to the Sage's response:
quote:
17 Oct 2009 : 10:32:47 Of course. You can post the question now, if you wish. I'm sure Steven will address it upon his return.
? lol

I had to ask in light of the age of the scroll. ;)

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2020 :  01:24:52  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cpthero2

Mr. Schend,

I am sort of curious if answering the question of Senior Scribe Knight of the Gate from 2009 is still on the plate, assuming it hadn't been, as a follow-up to the Sage's response:
quote:
17 Oct 2009 : 10:32:47 Of course. You can post the question now, if you wish. I'm sure Steven will address it upon his return.
? lol

I had to ask in light of the age of the scroll. ;)

I've reread the thread/topic and I'm having trouble sussing out the actual question that Knight asked, honestly. Could be painkillers fogging my brain or I'm just tired. Suffice it to say I'll reveal what I can when I can...

Steven
who knows NDAs last as long as lawyers breathe...and notice things....so best to assume they're still in force until noted clearly otherwise....

Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2020 :  07:22:44  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mr. Schend,

quote:
I've reread the thread/topic and I'm having trouble sussing out the actual question that Knight asked, honestly. Could be painkillers fogging my brain or I'm just tired. Suffice it to say I'll reveal what I can when I can...

Fair enough. I only meant that as a little good fun there. It had just been quite some time, haha.

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2020 :  07:24:50  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Steven

I just love Synchronicities...

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2020 :  05:43:51  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great Reader Brimstone,

Agreed! Especially when you get someone like Mr. Schend working on something as cool as that. :)

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000