Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Maps
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Randal_Dundragon
Seeker

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2009 :  15:59:24  Show Profile Send Randal_Dundragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hey all i was just wondering if anyone happened to know where i could find a map that has like an interposed hex grid or something like that. Anyway morning folks :)

Its simple really, Your an idiot and I'm simply a figment of your imagination

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2009 :  16:18:13  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The early campaign setting boxed sets came with transparent overlays, with hexes printed on them.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Daviot
Senior Scribe

USA
372 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2009 :  01:58:36  Show Profile  Visit Daviot's Homepage Send Daviot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One of my favorite odds-and-ends sites is Incompetech, which among other things, features royalty-free music, a database of given name etymologies, and more akin to your question, free dynamically-generated graph paper in oodles of styles.

Incompetech Graph Paper

I use the standard grids (along with a ruler and scissors) as print-outs to build or transcribe full-out dungeons, when I feel up to such things.

One usually has far more to fear from the soft-spoken wizard with a blade and well-worn boots than from the boisterous one in the ivory tower.
My Tabletop Writing CV.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2009 :  07:09:00  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you're just looking for generic maps (I didn't think about that with my first reply), I know there are plenty of BattleTech maps that have hexes on them... (Because of the fire, I wound up with duplicate maps from Solaris VII, which made a friend of mine very happy! )

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2009 :  07:58:53  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

If you're just looking for generic maps (I didn't think about that with my first reply), I know there are plenty of BattleTech maps that have hexes on them... (Because of the fire, I wound up with duplicate maps from Solaris VII, which made a friend of mine very happy! )

Aye. Wooly's on the mark. The Map Sets for BattleTech are often a worthwhile source for generic hex maps, featuring plenty of variety in terms of terrain. Most should be easily adaptable for fantasy settings like the Realms.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000