Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 1374 - Unfinished Plots/Recent Events?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

IronAngel
Seeker

65 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2009 :  18:40:27  Show Profile  Visit IronAngel's Homepage Send IronAngel a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
WARNING: This scroll contains several novel spoilers!

Hey.

I DM a NWN Persistent World, and I'm trying to clarify and "canonize" the campaign's timeline for player and DM reference. With all the escalating events of 1373 and after, it's probably best to stop the official timeline sometime in the middle of 1374, and then write our own endings for the stories that haven't finished.

So, I'm primarily asking all you Scribes to help me list the important events that are going on and/or have yet to be concluded in late 1373 and 1374. Secondarily, your ideas for smooth endings are also welcome. (We aim to keep the general 3e FRCS status quo for convenience and clarity - let the RSEs be something the DMs run.)

I haven't read most recent novels, so I don't really know what's going on in the Realms right now. I know I'm asking a lot, but I would really appreciate a summary of recent important events, what books detail them, and what books take place after 1374. Here's what I have so far:

Last Mythal. The elves are on a campaign, and it will probably end different than in the books.

Lady Penitent. I'm not sure when this takes place, but the Drow gods will not be annihilated in our setting.

Blackstaff. Khelben has not died, and none of the Dark Disaster was reversed. (Though it may happen in DM plots or narrative later on; it's an awesome story.)

Risen Sun heresy. This is probably brewing right now, and may be resolved in the future.

Return of Netheril. Sakkors has not yet risen.

Thanks for the help in advance! If there's a novel timeline for the very recent stuff, I'd also appreciate that very much. TGHotR is only so helpful, since I don't know what the snippets within are related to.

Edited by - IronAngel on 22 Sep 2009 18:40:52

Hellkeepa
Seeker

Norway
61 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2009 :  00:22:18  Show Profile  Visit Hellkeepa's Homepage Send Hellkeepa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
HELLo!

If you check the timeline at the link below, you'll find notations of all the important events across the entire(?) history of Faerūn. Novels included.
http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/1374_DR

Happy playin'!

Dealing with 3.5 only. Refusing the reality of 4.0, and substituting it for my own.
Go to Top of Page

IronAngel
Seeker

65 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2009 :  21:08:21  Show Profile  Visit IronAngel's Homepage Send IronAngel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks! I suspect that's not all there is to it. Can I expect any more help, pointers to the right direction, novel series references or anything?
Go to Top of Page

rjfras
Learned Scribe

261 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2009 :  17:32:36  Show Profile  Visit rjfras's Homepage Send rjfras a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You can check The Grand History of the Realms which has most of the major events in it and 1370-1374 has a lot of entries for each year.

You can also check Power of Faerun which updates a few of the story arcs with what has happened in 1374.

If your looking for an update of goings on in the Dalelands/Zhentil Keep area, check Dragon 354 for the article "Volo's Guide: Cormanthor: War amidst the Trees which updates the current situation in Cormanthor to the end of 1374.

You can also do a search of words like Timeline which would bring up an article like this: http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7930&SearchTerms=timeline is an article called "1372 to 1374 FR Timeline: A work in progress" which brings together alot of the events in a timeline
Go to Top of Page

IronAngel
Seeker

65 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2009 :  18:26:58  Show Profile  Visit IronAngel's Homepage Send IronAngel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hurrah, thanks! I'll look into PoF and try to find that Dragon. *Crosses fingers that some friend will have it*
Go to Top of Page

MrHedgehog
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2009 :  06:14:53  Show Profile  Visit MrHedgehog's Homepage Send MrHedgehog a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like The Lady Penitent series so much I just like to prefer the drow Gods come back to life.... Eilistraee and Vhaerun merging was the greatest idea ever imo
Go to Top of Page

BEAST
Master of Realmslore

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2009 :  22:17:28  Show Profile  Visit BEAST's Homepage Send BEAST a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by IronAngel

So, I'm primarily asking all you Scribes to help me list the important events that are going on and/or have yet to be concluded in late 1373 and 1374.

1374 DR was right in the middle of the downtime between R.A. Salvatore's The Orc King and The Pirate King. The fledgling orc Kingdom of Many-Arrows was still developing right outside Clan Battlehammer's front door during this time, with no one really knowing if it would turn out well or poorly. I imagine there were probably a few minor squabbles, raids, etc., between the orcs and goodly neighbors during this time, but nothing too major. TPK, set in 1376 DR, assures us that nothing major took place in the orc kingdom since the events described in TOK.

My best guess is that the video game Demon Stone, to whatever extent its storyline can be taken as canonical, probably took place between mid-1372 and autumn, 1374 DR. It appears to have taken place sometime after the novel TOK, but before Khelben's death.

Check the link in my sig for my personal chronology of Salvatore's Realms work, based on the time clues in the stories themselves, rather than WOTC's official guesstimates.

"'You don't know my history,' he said dryly."
--Drizzt Do'Urden (The Pirate King, Part 1: Chapter 2)

<"Comprehensive Chronology of R.A. Salvatore Forgotten Realms Works">

Edited by - BEAST on 05 Oct 2009 22:24:01
Go to Top of Page

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2009 :  15:45:39  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
in case you haven't noticed the timeline for novels http://www.o-love.net/realms/fr_time_books.html

other events I know (I don't go that far into future), in Amn, they liberated Esmeltaran, clearing the Trade Way, except for the sinkholes of the tlincallis

then there's the war in Unther (Dragons of Faerun, Power of Faerun, Dragon 358 I think), and that purple imaskari spire-palace rose up in Raurin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000