Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Illefarn Portals
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Snowblood
Senior Scribe

Australia
388 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2009 :  14:13:26  Show Profile Send Snowblood a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Dear scribes, here's an obscure question...does any one know if the words , or at least a verse or two of the poem "Voices of the Lost" are written down any where????

Aryvandaar, Ilythiir, Arnothoi, Orva, Sarphil, Anauria/Asram/Hlondath, Uvaeren, Braceldaur, Ilodhar, Lisenaar, Imaskar, Miyeritar, Orishaar, Shantel Othrieir, Keltormir, Eaerlann, Ammarindar, Siluvanede, Sharrven, Illefarn, Ardeep, Rystal Wood, Evereska are all available here for download:http://phasai.deviantart.com/gallery/

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2009 :  15:53:55  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't immediately recall any examples. The 'Voices of the Lost' articles from the Perilous Gateways series on the WotC website have some brief details about the composition of the work, but no actual details re: its content.

Having said that, I've often thought about composing my own lyrics for the 'Voices of the Lost.' If you're interested, I suppose we could schedule a little collaborative effort for this.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 20 Sep 2009 15:56:16
Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
Senior Scribe

South Africa
739 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2009 :  09:45:53  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have written a short stanza for the non-canonical Illefarn song portal in NWN2:
"Shadow rising therefore heed,
Four of five already freed,
Sun Elf, Moon Elf, Wood Elf, Dwarf,
Crafted the Ritual of Undoing,
Illefarn, Illefarn, ruined from within.":- Illefarn Portal Song

I'm sure you could come up with some of your own work, or collaborate as Sage suggested.

Lost for words? Find them in the Glossary of Phrases, Sayings & Words of the Realms
Go to Top of Page

Snowblood
Senior Scribe

Australia
388 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2009 :  10:11:26  Show Profile Send Snowblood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hmm the possibilities are near endless dear sage....I am curious about how ew would compose a poem thats supposed to run for what is it..??/ six hours?????????? what was Eric Bord thinking....did he think we wouldn't try to fill in the blanks???? hehehehehehehe

Aryvandaar, Ilythiir, Arnothoi, Orva, Sarphil, Anauria/Asram/Hlondath, Uvaeren, Braceldaur, Ilodhar, Lisenaar, Imaskar, Miyeritar, Orishaar, Shantel Othrieir, Keltormir, Eaerlann, Ammarindar, Siluvanede, Sharrven, Illefarn, Ardeep, Rystal Wood, Evereska are all available here for download:http://phasai.deviantart.com/gallery/
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2009 :  17:09:19  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, Snowblood, if you've any ideas about how to proceed, contact me via PM. I've got to thinking about those lyrics I mentioned earlier, so I'd be willing to discuss them with you, if you'd like.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000