Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Krandor
Seeker

Canada
58 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2003 :  21:02:16  Show Profile  Visit Krandor's Homepage Send Krandor a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I was wondering, to anyone who has the 3.5 manual, is if it is worth the price or not?

"Good judgement comes from bad experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement." - Krandor, Master Smith

Malanthius
Learned Scribe

144 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2003 :  21:51:23  Show Profile  Visit Malanthius's Homepage Send Malanthius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*sigh* Yes and no, that's the only answer i can give. Yes there is a lot of new material and interesting corrections (of particular note the alterations that have better suited everything to take into account the epic level hand book) but at least 75% of it is still old stuff. You can transfer most of your campaign by reading the revision book online as put out by WOTC. IMHO it's only worth it if you already need to replace your Three core books( as in my case i did) anyway. Otherwise, get them second hand from somebody even more disillusioned than i am.

Mal.

"Oh, Do stop whining, It's not the End of the World. It's just the end of Your's."
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2003 :  06:17:18  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As Malanthius stated (and I agree with him), the only reason I can see in purchasing the revised core-rulebooks is because your current set are in a severe state of disrepair.

Of course, a number of dedicated gamers have foregone the need to re-purchase the rulebooks and have instead decided to download a copy of the SRD which contains all the new and revised rules of the D&D d20 mechanics system.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2003 :  06:21:29  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you are interested, I suggest you visit the official SRD site to download the material.

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2003 :  09:41:24  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, if you have the 3e material, then look at the SRD first. If not . . . well, look at the SRD first. Hey, it's free, right? And most of it's the same anyway.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2003 :  13:23:00  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Krandor, I would probably holdout on the Psionics system though. The Psionics system for D&D is supposed to be undergoing a major revision and expansion with the release of the expanded Psionics Handbook sometime next year.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000