Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Realms Accents
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2009 :  14:50:40  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jorkens
Now I remember why I did better in the literature-focusing parts of my studies. Poetry is peanuts compared to linguistics and language developments.

Quite the opposite ... once you get the hang o'it (Then again, I would agree re linguistics.)

Cave quid dicis, quando et cui!

Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel!

In memory of Alura Durshavin.

Visit my "Homepage" to find A Guide to the Drow NPCs of Faerûn, Drow and non-Drow PrC and much more.
Go to Top of Page

Aquanova
Seeker

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2009 :  02:08:22  Show Profile  Visit Aquanova's Homepage Send Aquanova a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Raith

Hi there all! I was wondering if anybody knew which real-world accents would best be attached to which areas in the Realms. So far I know that Thay is Russian, and I think Sembia is...French? (Help me out especially on this one, it's something thats been driving me nuts)

Anybody know this one? I know its a tall order. Thanks a lot!

Whoa whoa whoa, Rashemi is Russian; I always thought Thay{an} was Akkadian, or Latin. Did I miss something?
Go to Top of Page

swifty
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
517 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2009 :  12:33:29  Show Profile  Visit swifty's Homepage Send swifty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
would waterdeep have a native accent.with it being a melting pot of so many different cultures and even races it reminds me of new york or london.ive always thought of a native tough from dock ward would sound like working class east london during the time of jack the ripper.and the nobles of castle ward would sound like upper class english nobels or blue blooded americans.

go back to sleep america.everything is under control.heres american gladiators.watch this.shuttup. BILL HICKS.
Go to Top of Page

Marquant Volker
Learned Scribe

Greece
273 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2009 :  13:22:26  Show Profile Send Marquant Volker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree witgh swifty, in my mind Waterdeep has many similarities to London, while i always thought that Cormyr could have a Germanic accent
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000