Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Darkwatch/Tsornyl
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rhewtani
Senior Scribe

USA
508 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2009 :  03:32:14  Show Profile Send Rhewtani a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
What books have information on what darkwatch is (physically, society-wise, etc)?

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2009 :  07:04:40  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not much society, there...

See Volo's Guide to the Dalelands and Power of Faerūn.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2009 :  08:29:19  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And you'll likely receive some lore back from Ed once he has a chance to answer your House Tsornyl query from early last month.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Rhewtani
Senior Scribe

USA
508 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2009 :  17:44:49  Show Profile Send Rhewtani a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yep. As far as lore goes, I always consider what Ed gives to be the diamond in the ring, but I need to work on the band, as well.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2009 :  01:15:14  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, as the Furry Hamster noted above, there really isn't much info as it is.

On the plus side, this means you can probably plot something out for yourself.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2015 :  15:39:44  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I found a file in my archives which I entitled "Starglance" Unfortunately I made no notes of where the heck I got this information and in what context. I suspect it may have been from something that Wizards has since torn down from their site. Anybody know where this came from? I'm getting no hits on Google.

Starglance Temple
Brief History
Starglance Temple was dedicated to Sehanine Moonbow in the early days of 3 DR when visions drove a young girl among the Ulondarr Clan to seek out the moonstone studded grotto, open to the night sky, beneath Starglance Hill. Since that time, the surrounding area has been developed into a mostly unspoiled temple community, dedicated to the Daughter of the Night Skies. The legacy of the sibylline oracles of Sehanine made the site a popular pilgrimage destination throughout the history of Cormanthyr. The nature of the site changed once more in 75 DR, when the destruction of Tsornyl by Moander Darkbringer drove the southern Moonshadows to seek out a new stronghold. With the permission of the oracles, they chose Starglance, and have inhabited this place in ever decreasing numbers for centuries.

Darkwatch Trolls
For centuries uncounted, the fierce forest trolls of southern Cormanthor have inhabited the ruins of Tsornyl deep in the Darkwatch. Despite the fierce nature of the Madwood as the place is sometimes called, the Darkwatch trolls have considered these elven ruins to be their home, and operate from its dark boughs with near impunity. Always a nuisance to the Moonshadows and Deepingdale, but rarely more, something has changed about the trolls in the last decade. Gone is the random violence and disunity of the past, for new leaders are arising in the black depths of the Darkwatch. Marked with strange, chalk white markings on their green hides resembling nothing so much as a spider, many among the Moonshadows suspect that their traditional enemy has joined with an enemy far ancient, and that Spider Queen now draws upon the loyalty of the vile giants.

The Lost Rider
A Moonshadow rider from Velethuil was expected in Starglance four days ago, and Sesadi Firehawk has been dispatched from Starglance to seek her. A day earlier, in a hollow less than a day from Starglance, the body of the rider's stormcat was discovered along with troll sign. Sesadi has been tracking the band since then, steadily northeast, and fears the rider, Liandris Mornmist, is being taken to the Darkwatch and out of the reach of her people.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Edited by - Fellfire on 12 Jan 2015 15:41:45
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2015 :  15:40:54  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Lost Rider
A Moonshadow rider from Velethuil was expected in Starglance four days ago, and Sesadi Firehawk has been dispatched from Starglance to seek her. A day earlier, in a hollow less than a day from Starglance, the body of the rider's stormcat was discovered along with troll sign. Sesadi has been tracking the band since then, steadily northeast, and fears the rider, Liandris Mornmist, is being taken to the Darkwatch and out of the reach of her people.

Also, what in the Realms is a stormcat?

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Edited by - Fellfire on 12 Jan 2015 16:23:37
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000