Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Well met. Looking for Silver Marches ideas
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mystery_Man
Senior Scribe

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2003 :  13:55:38  Show Profile  Visit Mystery_Man's Homepage Send Mystery_Man a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
My players and I have decided to play in the Silver Marches for our next campaign. I'm the DM. We're using 3.5rules, and 25 point buy.

I'm looking for some ideas so please share!

Thanks in advance!

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2003 :  13:58:12  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ideas on what exactly?

Sauro moki kara ochiro - Even monkeys falls from trees.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi
Go to Top of Page

Mystery_Man
Senior Scribe

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2003 :  14:25:06  Show Profile  Visit Mystery_Man's Homepage Send Mystery_Man a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hymn

Ideas on what exactly?

I'm open to pretty much anything right now. Starting points are not my strong suit. :)
Go to Top of Page

Malanthius
Learned Scribe

144 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2003 :  14:40:20  Show Profile  Visit Malanthius's Homepage Send Malanthius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've got a good one.
Bring Karsus the great back from the dead while the party is in the high forest helping a high priestes test out a variation on the stone to flesh spell. Then have Karsus try to kill the chosen and once again steal the magic domain portfolio. That should keep them busy for a while.

Mal.

P.S. If you actually take me up on this, you might want to switch to the 32 point buy system so the pc's can survive...

"Oh, Do stop whining, It's not the End of the World. It's just the end of Your's."
Go to Top of Page

Mystery_Man
Senior Scribe

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2003 :  15:51:09  Show Profile  Visit Mystery_Man's Homepage Send Mystery_Man a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm. Probably going to start at level 1. So taking on Karsus probably would make for a very short campaign. Cool idea though.

Any good level 1 starters?
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2003 :  00:45:03  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Xara Tantlor, an evil character pretending to be good, wants to hire a party to go retrieve an artifact.

That's just right off the top of my head. I used her in the backstory for my half-elven wizard character. He doesn't know that she's evil, which leaves something interesting for my DM (Mumadar) to exploit.

You can find her in the Silverymoon section in the Silver Marches book.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Mournblade
Master of Realmslore

USA
1287 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2003 :  06:07:36  Show Profile Send Mournblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bookwyrm I think you have a secret crush on Xara. It is OK though I have one on Quenthel...

Ah well.

A wizard is Never late Frodo Baggins. Nor is he Early. A wizard arrives precisely when he means to...
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2003 :  06:39:57  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Families of the most prominent members of the Silver Marches government are under threat from a series of, what at first appear to be a series of random kidnappings. The party must determine the source of the kidnappings and rescue the lost family members before the government of the new realm in severly undermined.

This could be useful to start a series of adventures centered around the Silver Marches. Your first adventure could be merely finding the kidnapped family members and returning them to safety, and defeating the hired middlemen. The next few adventures could see the party trying to ferret out the real threat to the government and the real people responsible for the kidnappings. This could in turn lead the party to uncover a more sinister plan that threatens the entire political stability of the North and the Lord's Alliance. Maybe a secret cabal of renegade soldiers from the Blood War (Balors) are attempting to create a power-base here on Toril with the eventual hope of returning to the Abyss and claiming a layer for themselves.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 03 Aug 2003 06:40:35
Go to Top of Page

Horgesh
Acolyte

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2003 :  09:32:12  Show Profile  Visit Horgesh's Homepage Send Horgesh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
King Obould Many-Arrows is probably my favorite npc of that region. His growing horde, and the threat it presents to the Silver Marches could act as great fodder for a campaign meant to run pcs from level 1 through level 9.

End the end; your PCs could either straight up kill him (as Obould is "only" CR 9)-an act that would throw his kingdom into chaos with his sons warring over his holdings,- or, they could step up the role-play and lay down some serious diplomacy. Either way, it would be a lot of fun, and allow you to realistically confine things to the Silver Marches.

Battle fever. I am half a man and drunk with slaughter, let them kill me if they can! -George R. R. Martin: A Clash of Kings
Go to Top of Page

Mystery_Man
Senior Scribe

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2003 :  14:20:38  Show Profile  Visit Mystery_Man's Homepage Send Mystery_Man a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Families of the most prominent members of the Silver Marches government are under threat from a series of, what at first appear to be a series of random kidnappings. The party must determine the source of the kidnappings and rescue the lost family members before the government of the new realm in severly undermined.

Where to kidnap them to? I was thinking maybe the High Forest and surrounding area. I think I want to stay away from Hellgate Keep for now.

quote:
King Obould Many-Arrows is probably my favorite npc of that region. His growing horde, and the threat it presents to the Silver Marches could act as great fodder for a campaign meant to run pcs from level 1 through level 9.

I did have a "thwart an orc horde" type adventure in mind.

Has anyone done anything with the Evermoors?

Thanks these are great keep them coming!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2003 :  14:56:12  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Elf_Friend said -
quote:
Where to kidnap them to? I was thinking maybe the High Forest and surrounding area. I think I want to stay away from Hellgate Keep for now.

That really all depends on who is the one responsible for the kidnappings. If they were Drow, I really don't think they would utilise much of the High Forest, unless you intended for an entrance to the Underdark to be hidden somewhere in it's depths.

Elf_Friend also said -
quote:
Has anyone done anything with the Evermoors?

I once utilised that area in my Gateway to the Savage Frontier style adventure campaign I ran many years ago. Needless to say, I included basically everything that happened in that CRPG, in my campaign.

Go to Top of Page

Mystery_Man
Senior Scribe

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2003 :  15:09:16  Show Profile  Visit Mystery_Man's Homepage Send Mystery_Man a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For the love of God no drow!

Gateway to the Savage Frontier, recover statuetes from around the Silver Marches? Not bad.

This might make a good plot outline. But to depart from the video game I may try to think of a different purpose for them.

What did you do for your campaign?
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2003 :  15:40:38  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This was one of the first FR campaigns that I had ever designed and DM'd. I followed the storyline of the CRPG pretty closely, only occassionally deviating from the official storyline in terms of monstrous creatures, treasure and some locations the party visited. However my main objectives stayed much the same as the game...I even started in a similar fashion, as in "The First Night in Yartar", and the 'guarding a caravan' introduction.

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2003 :  08:14:52  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mournblade

Bookwyrm I think you have a secret crush on Xara. It is OK though I have one on Quenthel...

Ah well.

Okay, that's just crazy. And insulting, for that matter. I've mentioned her a total of two times. One went on for a while, over several posts, but that was because you guys were asking some questions (which helped that part of the backstory for me).

Xara was just something that popped into my head. I was meaning to go hunt for other ideas later on, but it seems (as I've taken a look at a more recent scroll) that the campaign is already settled as far as basic plot goes.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000