Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Help Needed
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Salabasha
Learned Scribe

Portugal
216 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2003 :  02:51:38  Show Profile  Visit Salabasha's Homepage Send Salabasha a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Alright, as I am sure most of you know my knowledge of D&D and things related are somewhat limited. *Knocks head indicating that he does have a brain even though it may be small
It is only of the late in which I did become interested in game, history etc. etc. and I am somewhat concerned that due to my lack of knowledge I will undoubtable make a fool of myself and that happening when I am sober! So, if anyone would be willing to write down a few links to some pages in which you all seem to gain enlightenment from that would be great . Thanks for your help.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Once you eat the poisoned one you die.

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2003 :  06:10:47  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Most of the noted scribes here gain enlightenment about D&D and the Realms, from reading the officially published material. However there are a large number of websites that contain information that can at least 'put you on the right path' so to speak. I have a vast collection of links incorporated into a HTML document. Since there are some many, I think it would be best simply to use the ethereal mail system, and deliver them to your extra-dimensional storage space.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2003 :  01:27:35  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Perhaps you should also send them to Tethtoril, so that he can craft a few portals in the main library . . . .

Salabasha, don't worry about it. I was once in your boat, and in fact still am. Just remember, the stupidest question is always the one not asked. As my professor says (and has on a pin on his jacket) "Question Authority!"

Ask, or ye shall not learn.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2003 :  19:56:59  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Salabasha

Alright, as I am sure most of you know my knowledge of D&D and things related are somewhat limited. *Knocks head indicating that he does have a brain even though it may be small
It is only of the late in which I did become interested in game, history etc. etc. and I am somewhat concerned that due to my lack of knowledge I will undoubtable make a fool of myself and that happening when I am sober! So, if anyone would be willing to write down a few links to some pages in which you all seem to gain enlightenment from that would be great . Thanks for your help.

Well Met

Ahhhh, indeed, the search for Realmslore......well, I can think of a grand library absolutely teeming with knowledge and lore of the Realms..... step through here

But if you must venture further, then some of these portals may be of use to you, or many of these are rich in Realmslore (click on 'List Sites').

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly