Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Border Forest?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2009 :  15:24:45  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I'm looking for locales for this place, and I could have sworn there was an adventure set here.

Anybody got anything? Sources I might be missing?

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 11 Apr 2009 15:25:06

Bane of the Harpers
Seeker

Canada
53 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2009 :  23:14:02  Show Profile Send Bane of the Harpers a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm sure there was an adventure setted in the Border Forest in the Ruins of Zhentil Keep boxed set. It was an adventure involving one of the Knight of Myth Drannor, zhentd, a nature elemental and the village of Snowmantle.
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2009 :  23:41:47  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, "Felled Hopes". Other locales in the Border Forest include the Bone Dance (Dragon #295), the Flaming Tower/Temple in the Sky (Power of Faerūn pp. 35–8 et al.), Myth Ondath, and Oak Hill (Faiths & Avatars p. 57).
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2009 :  02:58:46  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow... thanks guys.

This is why I consider all my maps a community project - I wouldn't find half the stuff if I didn't get such great help.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2009 :  21:49:14  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you look at what I sent you, you should see the location for
Myth Ondath in the top 5 or 10 entries.
Go to Top of Page

ijkay
Acolyte

Canada
17 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2009 :  17:54:01  Show Profile Send ijkay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I seem to remember you were not very interested in Netheril stuff but if you look at the boxed set maps the ruins of Coniferia should lie in the southern most area of the Border Forest. I also seem to remember something about some of the minor settlements of Rystall Wood (other then the capital which became Myth Ondath) but can't remember where I saw it. I skimmed the obvious sources of C:EotE and LEoF but didn't see anything.

Ian Franks

"So I thought to myself who gives a damn if all the jobs are gone, I'm going to be a Pirate on the River Saskatchewan!", The Arrogant Worms
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2010 :  05:01:46  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
On page 27 of the Cyclopedia of the Realms (TSR 1031 Boxed Set, Grey) it states that Barbarians live in the Border Forest.

I'm assuming these are human barbarians...

Any thoughts?

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2010 :  20:47:45  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Most likely they are. There are wood elves called ''the Lost'' in the forest tough, and goblinoids.
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2010 :  07:19:37  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The new map for "Monument of the Ancients" places the ruins of Myth Ondath OUTSIDE the Border Forest along the hills of the White Peaks and far away from the Border Forest.

Is this correct...or a map error?

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Dewaint
Learned Scribe

Germany
148 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2010 :  13:52:27  Show Profile Send Dewaint a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe in times begone Rystal Wood(nowadays Border Forest) enclosed to some extend the White Peaks. Sounds reasonable to me that the Forest covered some lower parts of the mountain range, Myth Ondath in those days known as Yrlaancel is really ancient.

As far as I remember Myth Ondath was put on the nortern slopes of the White Peaks already in the FR interactive Atlas.

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2012 :  19:37:16  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't know if Faraer is around anymore, But I just want to re-thank him and everyone else who helped me on this thread.

I came back across it looking for something on Snowmantle. Wouldn't you know it - I already started a thread about the Border Forest the last time I worked on it (and the info is once again pertinent - THANKS!)

Edited by - Markustay on 21 Dec 2012 19:37:46
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2012 :  17:00:26  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*tips hat*
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000