Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Book Club
 Downshadow - Chapters 20 - 27
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2009 :  00:43:03  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met

This is a Book Club thread for Downshadow [Book 3 of "The Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep" series], by Erik Scott de Bie. Please discuss Chapters 20 to 27 herein:

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 10 Aug 2010 05:41:56

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2009 :  18:15:23  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good to see a little shout out to Olive Ruskettle at the ball!

And the more I read , the more familiar I am feeling towards one of the foxy ladies in this story....but maybe I am delusional!

The whole Ball scene is a blast, even after on of the ladies is turned into a blood fountain. It was sexy, fun, filled with innuendo(much like a restrained version of Ed)....then a sexy shapechanger seduces another luscious lady and then....Wham.....she's dead! Blood eveywhere.

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2009 :  19:48:23  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well you know how it is--sex for dinner, death for dessert.

I'm glad the twilight ball worked out for you, and keep reading! All (or at least many) of your questions will soon be answered.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2009 :  21:56:48  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

I'm glad the twilight ball worked out for you, and keep reading! All (or at least many) of your questions will soon be answered.

Cheers

I am having way too much fun reading to compile a list of questions!!!

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2009 :  21:58:57  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Cheers

ok, one small ?

Did you Italicize twilght for any particular reason??

Or are you just trying to be sneaky again?

Edited by - The Red Walker on 14 Apr 2009 21:59:38
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2009 :  22:36:55  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

Do, or do not . . . there is no try.

Cheers

P.S. Keep reading!

Erik Scott de Bie

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2009 :  02:48:45  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Do, or do not . . . there is no try.

Cheers

P.S. Keep reading!
[/quote]

Well then, I sayest that thou art sneaky!!

P.S. The beardless dwarf is interesting, and with the whole nothing is as it seems vibe going on.........I wonder what he is hiding? Is that his true form or what....which is just how you like to keep us guessing.

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2009 :  04:40:46  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okie dokie--well, I don't want to spoil anything, so we'll talk about Rath when you're finished.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Sith_Lord_Drizzt
Seeker

Canada
92 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2009 :  15:13:13  Show Profile  Visit Sith_Lord_Drizzt's Homepage Send Sith_Lord_Drizzt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Gargan vathkelke kaugathal"

I just started the book yesterday and I couldn't put it down. I've read up to chapter 27. Erik, this is one fine book so far! You hoped that you wouldn't disappoint and you certainly have not! I can't believe the number of Easter eggs you've thrown at us! I can't wait to read on! This novel has more twists and turns than Ghostwalker or Depths of Madness. This is going to be a long day at work....I can't wait to go home and finish it!

"Jarlaxle's grin disappeared as he turned his attention to Drizzt. He watched the fury of the drow unleashed. Jarlaxle had seen Drizzt in action many times before, but never like that".
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2009 :  15:29:27  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yay! Glad it's working out for you.

Let me know how you like the ending, and--as always--if you like it enough to post a review, by all means, do so! We fledgling writers drink those things like healing waters.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Sith_Lord_Drizzt
Seeker

Canada
92 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2009 :  15:57:17  Show Profile  Visit Sith_Lord_Drizzt's Homepage Send Sith_Lord_Drizzt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yay! Glad it's working out for you.

Let me know how you like the ending, and--as always--if you like it enough to post a review, by all means, do so! We fledgling writers drink those things like healing waters.

Cheers

I'll definitely be posting my review as always!

"Jarlaxle's grin disappeared as he turned his attention to Drizzt. He watched the fury of the drow unleashed. Jarlaxle had seen Drizzt in action many times before, but never like that".
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000