Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Where is the Illusk Arch in Undermountain?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ithil
Acolyte

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2009 :  22:36:50  Show Profile  Visit Ithil's Homepage Send Ithil a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Expedition to Undermountain, p. 15 has this to say, "The Illusk Arch: This two-way portal links the depths of Undermountain with an abandoned warehouse near the ruins of Illusk."

City of Splendors echoes this text. But I can't find an official location for this portal. If an official location has been cited, does anyone recall it?

Otherwise I'll just place it where I like.

Thanks!
Ithil

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2009 :  03:58:40  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Volo's Guide to Waterdeep has some information on the ruins of Illusk, to include a map of Luskan, starting on p 114

Edited by - scererar on 06 Apr 2009 04:03:06
Go to Top of Page

Ithil
Acolyte

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2009 :  04:49:24  Show Profile  Visit Ithil's Homepage Send Ithil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I found what you referred to in Volo's Guide to the North, and again in The North boxed set (since one is a copy of the other's text). I am more hoping for information on the portal's location in Undermountain. Even a hint as to what level it resides would help. Or perhaps even a clue as to who might have built it? Did any of The Seven have connections with Luskan, Illusk or other reason to build such a portal? Or maybe the dwarves built it...
Go to Top of Page

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2009 :  13:16:14  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ithil

Did any of The Seven have connections with Luskan, Illusk or other reason to build such a portal?

Yes Laeral Silverhand Arunson was once known as "The Witch Queen of the North".

She built a realm known as Stornanter on the ruins of Illusk early in the 9th Century DR. She explored the Host Tower of the Arcane and put wardings on it to ensure no one went in (probably to ensure that the Lich Lords of the Grand Cabal didn't come out ).

My suggestion would be that the Illusk gate is older than the Seven and more likely linked with the Lords of the Grand Cabal when they were alive.

Go to Eric L Boyds website and get George Krashos' North Timeline for more on Illusk and Stornanter.

Cheers

Damian

So saith Ed. I've never said he was sane, have I?
Gods, all this writing and he's running a constant fantasy version of Coronation Street in his head, too. .
shudder,
love to all,
THO
Candlekeep Forum 7 May 2005

Edited by - crazedventurers on 06 Apr 2009 13:17:34
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page