Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Rhauntides
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bitter thorn
Learned Scribe

USA
184 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2009 :  21:08:53  Show Profile  Visit bitter thorn's Homepage Send bitter thorn a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I was wondering if there are 3.5E write ups for Rhauntides and/or Shaunil Tharm.

Rhauntides is listed as (CG hm M14) in VGttD. I would put him at Wiz7/Loremaster6/Archmage1. I'm suprised that I haven't been able to locate a write up.

Shaunil Tharm is listed as (CG hf M9) in VGttD. I would presume that she would be on the same Wizard/Loremaster path assuming that she's not a sorceress.

"Nobody listens to the Ranger!"

Our groups are all sticking with 3.X classic Realms.

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2009 :  23:10:13  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No. The FRCS wrote out both Rhauntides and his apprentice (when they were reminded she existed) to make room for, of all things, a monastery of fighting-monks -- a typical piece of Wizards sabotage/attrition.

Edited by - Faraer on 20 Feb 2009 23:22:46
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2009 :  23:27:00  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bitter thorn

I was wondering if there are 3.5E write ups for Rhauntides and/or Shaunil Tharm.

Rhauntides is listed as (CG hm M14) in VGttD. I would put him at Wiz7/Loremaster6/Archmage1. I'm suprised that I haven't been able to locate a write up.

Shaunil Tharm is listed as (CG hf M9) in VGttD. I would presume that she would be on the same Wizard/Loremaster path assuming that she's not a sorceress.
I don't immediately recall any 3e write-ups for either of them. However, I should point out that the FRCS does indeed note that Rhauntides is dead. George Krashos tinkered with the description in Highmoon regarding Shaunil Tharm when the FRCS was in development. Originally, Rhauntides died in 1371 DR and Shaunil wasn't even mentioned. Though George did conceptualise an adventure which deals with just what Shaunil Tharm is up to. We just haven't learned anymore as yet...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2009 :  23:46:41  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Maybe ask George then?

BRIMSTONE

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2009 :  00:04:40  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Possibly. As I recall, that tidbit from Krash came from a discussion he and I had back in '05. Maybe he's had some further thoughts on this, since then...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2009 :  09:35:54  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That reminds me of asking Ed about more information about Rhauntides a couple of years ago. Along with the Zenthilar Yorell. I wonder if it ran into a NDA or if it is still in the queue.
Go to Top of Page

bitter thorn
Learned Scribe

USA
184 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2009 :  21:52:38  Show Profile  Visit bitter thorn's Homepage Send bitter thorn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Crap! I missed that. He died of old age and left his home to a monk and his magic to a 7th level fighter, and his beloved just wanders off?!? Wow! That's an incredibly weak sub plot! That blows, and I'm not a fan of high level wizards, but that still just blows!

quote:
Originally posted by Faraer

No. The FRCS wrote out both Rhauntides and his apprentice (when they were reminded she existed) to make room for, of all things, a monastery of fighting-monks -- a typical piece of Wizards sabotage/attrition.

Edited by - bitter thorn on 21 Feb 2009 21:55:24
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2009 :  00:54:51  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's one of those things where at the time I thought, I don't like this, but I'll give 'em the benefit of the doubt and see what comes of the Shaunil thread. They must know what they're doing. Nothing came of it. That benefit got used up.
Go to Top of Page

bitter thorn
Learned Scribe

USA
184 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2009 :  03:00:14  Show Profile  Visit bitter thorn's Homepage Send bitter thorn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are there any mid level wizards in Highmoon any more? Bristar has sorcerer/rangers, but you would think that they would want to have a couple of wizard types in the capitol. I can easily create a couple, but I was hoping to work off some established lore.

Hmmm.... Perhaps a kindly Harper mage??

Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2009 :  18:42:51  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Azargatha Nimune makes her home there, and the bard Jhenna Iliathor is based there, at various times. Earlier, Ilythyrra of Sevenskulls lived in Deepingdale.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000