Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Vampires in the Realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rhewtani
Senior Scribe

USA
508 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2009 :  19:25:12  Show Profile Send Rhewtani a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
One of my players is hoping to make a Dhampyr Fighter to replace his recently deceased Paladin character. The campaign takes place in 1340 DR and I'm looking for a reasonable well linked-in vampire to have been involved.

I know there's a Vampire Manshoon. I'm not sure if he had been made by 1340.

Could you guys help me find some others?

Rhewtani
Senior Scribe

USA
508 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2009 :  19:35:54  Show Profile Send Rhewtani a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I did just find Jonathan and Jeremiah Morningmist in Lords of Darkness. "High Elf" Vampires, one of which has accidentally donned a helm of opposite alignment. So, it would be kind of cool to put him up against a good guy. Who once they reconcile ... would end up getting his helm dispelled.
Go to Top of Page

Rhewtani
Senior Scribe

USA
508 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2009 :  19:36:41  Show Profile Send Rhewtani a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would definitely update those names though.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2009 :  20:02:36  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Had to Google 'Damphyr'.

The only non-Elven one I can think of off-hand is my own (Homebrew) Brandolar Collinswood, who is the Baron of the village of Collinswood, just north of the King's Forest in Cormyr.

Who is wearing a Periapt of opposite Alignment.

Which looks sort-of like a German cross - VERY cliche', but Cliche's can be cool in their own way.

He 'took-in' the Halfling survivors of Black Oaks (now Gray Oaks) after their misfortunes (see Volo's Guide to Cormyr), and the two have mutually prospered from the relationship. Baron Collinswood has developed a deep affection for his tiny charges, and will go to great lengths to protect them.

He has been 'the Baron' for at least four hundred years, and uses his decendents - most of whom now dwell in Tethyr - to 'cover' his longevity, by faking his own death, and pretending then to be one of the younger scions of the house.

I don't know if you can use any of that - technically its completely unofficial, buuuut... Brian James made 'Collinswood' canon in his Cormyr article, so I assume all of my lore that went with it could be considered 'quasi-canon'.

And yes, both the Crown and the War Wizards are aware of who and what he is, but he has been loyal to the crown - even before there was a crown () - so they leave him be.

There's more to it then that, actually, and I have an entire article ready if and when the CKC ever resumes 'publication'.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 12 Feb 2009 20:05:25
Go to Top of Page

Rhewtani
Senior Scribe

USA
508 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2009 :  21:53:58  Show Profile Send Rhewtani a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok, apparently, I forgot about the Night Masks. It looks like I could use the former head of the organization...
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2009 :  23:09:54  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
U'Doh!

I forgot about him too - good call.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2009 :  23:11:09  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's a couple of vampires among the Moonstars. Of particular note is Asraf yn Malik el Kahaman yi Manshaka, the LE vampire, who has joined with the Moonstars and was a deepcover Harper agent. He's also briefly mentioned in City of Splendors: Waterdeep.

Eric Boyd's also shared a few minor tidbits about vampires in the Realms through some of his replies here at Candlekeep. Steven Schend has also, mainly in regard to those LE vampires operating among the Moonstars.

Also, Shyressa of the Twisted Rune. Steven Schend's Empires of the Shining Sea has a little about what the vampires serving the Twisted Rune are like, as well as Shyressa [see the 3e Lords of Darkness entry for the "Twisted Rune" also]. And Master of Chains, by Jess Lebow -- specifically the sections dealing with Shyressa and her cabal of vampires.

Additionally, I suggest you take a look through the original Lords of Darkness REF5 tome, which also has lore on vampires in the Realms.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2009 :  07:12:40  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rhewtani

One of my players is hoping to make a Dhampyr Fighter to replace his recently deceased Paladin character. The campaign takes place in 1340 DR and I'm looking for a reasonable well linked-in vampire to have been involved.

I know there's a Vampire Manshoon. I'm not sure if he had been made by 1340.

Could you guys help me find some others?

Vampire Manshoon wasn't turned until 1346. He was still in stasis for a couple decades after that.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000