Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Portal mentioned in 'Lost Library of Cormanthyr'
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2009 :  13:16:12  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi folks!

In my attempt to collect as much lore on Cormyr I started reading Lost Library of Cormanthyr. The first part of the book takes place in Cormyr, while it later plays in Waterdeep.

Now, to come to the point of my post, the protagonist(s) use a portal to get from Hillsfar (not Cormyr) to some undetailed location near Waterdeep. Not much info regarding that portal is given in the book except that

- it is located somewhere in the Dragonspine (not Stormhorn) Mountains.
- further traveling (by boat/ship) is needed to reach the final destination of Waterdeep.
- the portal requires a password.

Does any wise Sage of Candlekeep have any further information regarding this portal?

Thanks in advance, Ergdusch

Edit note:
The words in italics have been changed. For explenation ssee the next post.

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."

Edited by - Ergdusch on 09 Feb 2009 16:15:25

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2009 :  16:09:03  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have to correct my initial post.

I have the book at hand now and I doublechecked the book references. Aparently my memory of the book has been clouded by weariness. The portal is not in the Stormhorn Mountains, as I thought but in the Dragonspine Mountains. It therefore is not located in Cormyr, as I claimed earlier but in the Moonsea Region. My apologies for any inconvenience I might have caused.

Anyhow, my interest in this particular portal has not deminished. Therefore I will give further references from the novel:

- To quote from p. 170: "The last week had been spent nearly nonstop traveling [from somewhere shortly north of Hillsfar] to the warded area in the Dragonspine Mountains where they had used a gateway there to make the jump to Waterdeep."
- And further: "The gateway was a closely guarded secret of Piergeiron's, and the command word they had been given only worked once each way[...]"
- On p.172 it reads: "When Copert's Conquest, the ship they had taken from the other end of the dimensional gate,[...]"

So, does that spark any memories of yours?

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."

Edited by - Ergdusch on 09 Feb 2009 16:18:53
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000