Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Book Club
 Unholy - Chapters 5 - 8
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2009 :  13:22:40  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met

This is a Book Club thread for Unholy (Book 3 of The Haunted Lands), by Richard Lee Byers. Please discuss chapters 5 - 8 herein.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 10 Aug 2010 05:43:23

Oriac
Acolyte

22 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2009 :  04:10:09  Show Profile  Visit Oriac's Homepage Send Oriac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, to start off this section of the book club I'd like to turn my attention to Jhesrhi. Interesting character so far to say the least, at first I wanted to wave her off as a semi-important, none-too-powerful, possible love interest for Aoth. I was wrong on all accounts, she plays a very important role in all the battles so far, has a command and affinity of magic that manages to impress even Nevron(yes Nevron!), and I think a romantic escapade with Aoth is the last thing on her mind, given the subtle hints of a dramatic background that I should have learned to expect from Richard. The object of this post is to commend Richard for another excellent character. All pay homage to the new elementalist Jhersrhi!
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2009 :  21:38:42  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It was good to see after almost 100 years Baeris get his revenge on Tsagoth. Looking forward to seeing Szass desend into the bowels of the Citadel to hunt down "The Demon" Malark. That should be an interesting confrontation. And Samas finally got off of his big butt and wove an impressive spell transmuting the tower into molten lead and dumping it onto the fleeing Malkark double, only question is...was that enough? and the best line was I belive Lallara teling a soldier to watch over the collapsed Samas and fetch food and drink because she is "sure the hog will require it". Good stuff!

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963

Edited by - The Red Walker on 16 Feb 2009 21:40:16
Go to Top of Page

Tsagoth
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2009 :  19:43:30  Show Profile  Visit Tsagoth's Homepage Send Tsagoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Imagine my surprise at discovering today that my Internet & Everquest persona from May 2003 has a secret life in another world.

I may have to read up and see what I've been up to all these years.

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2010 :  12:19:56  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

Samas finally got off of his big butt and wove an impressive spell transmuting the tower into molten lead and dumping it onto the fleeing Malkark double, only question is...was that enough? and the best line was I belive Lallara teling a soldier to watch over the collapsed Samas and fetch food and drink because she is "sure the hog will require it". Good stuff!

Indeed. All the while I thought he's only good at eating with bare hands and irritating Lallara by his mere existence.

quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

And the best line was I belive Lallara teling a soldier to watch over the collapsed Samas and fetch food and drink because she is "sure the hog will require it". Good stuff!

Well, I always liked her. Her humor never failed to amuse me. If not for Dmitra, Samas would have suffered more with Lallara's biting comments (which of course are never far from the truth).

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Tremaine
Seeker

United Kingdom
86 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2010 :  18:00:58  Show Profile Send Tremaine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i didn't expect a second Malark that's some powerful spell casting there

impressed with Bareris plan to take down the fort and malark intelligent defence off it

whys doesn't Jhesri liked to be touched?

oh and I thought malark offering to give Tsagoth a tasty imp funny

Edited by - Tremaine on 18 Dec 2010 18:02:59
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2010 :  06:58:02  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tremaine

whys doesn't Jhesri liked to be touched?

She was raped by the genasi who raised her.

Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7971 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2010 :  07:55:57  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Tremaine

impressed with Bareris plan to take down the fort and malark intelligent defence off it
The one involving the geas? An interesting method to turn one's weakness into strength. But I'm a little surprised Bareris would trust Reds enough to willingly allow (not resist) a spell of domination cast by them. I also think Tsagoth should've prevailed, though of course that would've ruined the story.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2010 :  08:13:40  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arik
I also think Tsagoth should've prevailed, though of course that would've ruined the story.

Hmm, I find him annoying---and hard to believe. He'd accomplished too many things no other demon (at least in the HL series) managed to.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000