Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Sammaster - A Question
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Nephilim
Seeker

United Kingdom
33 Posts

Posted - 09 Oct 2004 :  20:39:02  Show Profile  Visit Nephilim's Homepage Send Nephilim a Private Message  Reply with Quote
well it looks like no-one is biting. I still think Sammasters scroll was one of the Nether Scrolls (see my earlier post).

ooops.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
5706 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2004 :  06:49:00  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know if it's a case of no-one biting, it's just that any comment either in agreement or disagreement is simply words - there is no "proof" one way or the other as the source material is so scanty. It's like me postulating that Laeral spent at least one year in Myth Drannor before its fall (through the time conduit spell or one of the time portals) because her spell "Laeral's Dancing Dweomer" is in the spellbook known as The Wizards Workbook which contained spells from the apprentices of the Seven Wizards of Myth Drannor. This supposition "seems" right, but I can't "prove" it as all I have is a few disparate timeline/realmslore references which point to the above, nothing definite. If you want Sammaster to have had access to one of the Nether Scrolls then all well and good (and I personally like the idea on a cursory, intitial thought basis) but it's difficult for the rest of us to say anthing other than, "I think that's a good/bad/so-so idea.", which doesn't really add much to the thread. Cheers.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Senior Scribe

USA
759 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2018 :  17:39:08  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Krashos,

Did anyone ever find out the answer to this? I looked and couldn't find anything either.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

I don't know if it's a case of no-one biting, it's just that any comment either in agreement or disagreement is simply words - there is no "proof" one way or the other as the source material is so scanty. It's like me postulating that Laeral spent at least one year in Myth Drannor before its fall (through the time conduit spell or one of the time portals) because her spell "Laeral's Dancing Dweomer" is in the spellbook known as The Wizards Workbook which contained spells from the apprentices of the Seven Wizards of Myth Drannor. This supposition "seems" right, but I can't "prove" it as all I have is a few disparate timeline/realmslore references which point to the above, nothing definite. If you want Sammaster to have had access to one of the Nether Scrolls then all well and good (and I personally like the idea on a cursory, intitial thought basis) but it's difficult for the rest of us to say anthing other than, "I think that's a good/bad/so-so idea.", which doesn't really add much to the thread. Cheers.

-- George Krashos

Robert McDonell
Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Senior Scribe

USA
759 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2020 :  21:02:03  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello all,

I was just going through my subscriptions to keep or unsubscribe from certain ones, and this one was very interesting to me.

Bumping to see if anyone ever did find anything else out about what that spell was, that Sammaster though to challenge the Morninglord with?

Best regards,

Robert McDonell
Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2020 :  07:09:53  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I don't know if it's a case of no-one biting, it's just that any comment either in agreement or disagreement is simply words - there is no "proof" one way or the other as the source material is so scanty. It's like me postulating that Laeral spent at least one year in Myth Drannor before its fall (through the time conduit spell or one of the time portals) because her spell "Laeral's Dancing Dweomer" is in the spellbook known as The Wizards Workbook which contained spells from the apprentices of the Seven Wizards of Myth Drannor. This supposition "seems" right, but I can't "prove" it

Indeed, there are other possibilities. Including simple "it was added to the empty pages by a later owner".

quote:
If you want Sammaster to have had access to one of the Nether Scrolls then all well and good (and I personally like the idea on a cursory, intitial thought basis) but it's difficult for the rest of us to say anthing other than, "I think that's a good/bad/so-so idea.",

Also, not impossible.
Who tracked all these?
quote:
from The North (GEOGRAPHY / The Delzoun Region / Morueme#146;s Cave:
All Morueme dragons can speak and use magic. Their spell selection is usually exotic, taken from ancient Netherese and
Ascorian spell books in their treasure (including at least one page of the Nether Scrolls).

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Senior Scribe

USA
759 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2020 :  00:22:40  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master TBeholder,

I agree with Master Krashos regarding the scroll issue. It seems plausible, but there is a dirth of information that would provide credibility to the idea.

It would be fantastic if we could get an answer from Steve Schend as a person who was somehow involved in the Netheril boxed set (said Special Thanks To), as well as Eric Boyd who was a proofreader at the time. Slade and Jim Butler did the work though, so not sure how they are reached.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by TBeholder

quote:

I don't know if it's a case of no-one biting, it's just that any comment either in agreement or disagreement is simply words - there is no "proof" one way or the other as the source material is so scanty. It's like me postulating that Laeral spent at least one year in Myth Drannor before its fall (through the time conduit spell or one of the time portals) because her spell "Laeral's Dancing Dweomer" is in the spellbook known as The Wizards Workbook which contained spells from the apprentices of the Seven Wizards of Myth Drannor. This supposition "seems" right, but I can't "prove" it

Indeed, there are other possibilities. Including simple "it was added to the empty pages by a later owner".

quote:
If you want Sammaster to have had access to one of the Nether Scrolls then all well and good (and I personally like the idea on a cursory, intitial thought basis) but it's difficult for the rest of us to say anthing other than, "I think that's a good/bad/so-so idea.",

Also, not impossible.
Who tracked all these?
quote:
from The North (GEOGRAPHY / The Delzoun Region / Morueme#146;s Cave:
All Morueme dragons can speak and use magic. Their spell selection is usually exotic, taken from ancient Netherese and
Ascorian spell books in their treasure (including at least one page of the Nether Scrolls).

Robert McDonell
Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2020 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000