Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 The Scrolls Ardentym
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nicolai Withander
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1093 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2009 :  19:33:17  Show Profile Send Nicolai Withander a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I know I have asked this before, but I got no answers, so here I go angain.

Does anyone have any info on their current location. Im trying to set up something for the group im Dm'ing and need the info!

So please any info would be very nice!!!

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2009 :  21:50:26  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
other than the Fall of Myth Drannor, think this is the only other mention

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/article.asp?x=dnd/mc/mc20010829d

so it's your choice, most likely Myth Drannor or Hellgate Keep
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2009 :  10:08:55  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I found a quote by Steven Schend, the author of Fall of Myth Dranor, on the Scrolls:

quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

quote:
Originally posted by El Magnifico Uno

The Scrolls Ardentym... "These scrolls constitute a military tactical text on spellcasting in combat and they also record a number of unique spells for the Akh'faer"... 38 pages of vellum that take a group of high nages over 500 years to write?... Anymore light that can be shed on this?... After 5 centuries of work, one can draw two conclusions -
A) They were really lazy mages...
B) It's a terribly powerful item...
Given that the correct answer is "B", was there anymore development to this idea? Or is it just a red herring for DMs to play with?

Not so much lazy as meticulous, anal-retentive, and picky.
500 years is only a lifetime for an elf...so think of the Ardentym as the Oxford English Dictionary crossed with the Army training manual: It took some time to get all the spells right; then it took longer to figure out the best ways to use them in combat tactically; then it took longer to systematically teach the Akh'faer these spells. Even when done so for the public good, mages are stingy with their secrets, which might be another reason it took so long.

As for any other lore, I'm afraid that's all I can think of at present. If any more rattles loose, I'll let you know.

However that might help...

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000