Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Post-Spellplague Realms Map
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Matt James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2009 :  04:14:30  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Does anyone have a resource of a PDF (or other electronic format) of the post-spellplague realms?

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2009 :  04:34:58  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matt James

Does anyone have a resource of a PDF (or other electronic format) of the post-spellplague realms?

well there was this posted one at the wotc site
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj240/Dagnirion/4eMap.jpg

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

Matt James

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2009 :  04:40:23  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Artemel
Learned Scribe

USA
110 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2009 :  20:19:08  Show Profile  Visit Artemel's Homepage Send Artemel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Huh, wonderful how the mountain chains just moved in some cases. Like the Storm Horns no longer block the way westward for Cormyr, just in time for them to expand westward. =p
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2009 :  14:54:24  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Perhaps you're misreading something Artemel. The Stormhorns are still in the same location they always were.

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

Artemel
Learned Scribe

USA
110 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2009 :  15:04:44  Show Profile  Visit Artemel's Homepage Send Artemel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not misreading anything. The south end of the Storm Horns used to go right to the edge of the sea. So, the only easy way west out of Cormyr (like, let's say for a marching army), was through the gap farther north, past High Horn and such.

Now... there is a plains area between the south end of the Storm Horns and the sea. So, now, they just marched an army west from Suzail if they wanted, and I suppose they did from what I gleaned from $e.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2009 :  15:11:45  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Artemel

Not misreading anything. The south end of the Storm Horns used to go right to the edge of the sea. So, the only easy way west out of Cormyr (like, let's say for a marching army), was through the gap farther north, past High Horn and such.

Now... there is a plains area between the south end of the Storm Horns and the sea. So, now, they just marched an army west from Suzail if they wanted, and I suppose they did from what I gleaned from $e.

Keep in mind that in the Shattered Realms, the Sea of Fallen Stars is smaller than it used to be. It partially drained away. That would explain the plain you refer to, without the mountains being relocated.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 20 Jan 2009 15:12:01
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2009 :  19:41:04  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Let's not forget, either, there are a couple of "mistakes" and/or "mistranslations" on the 4e map. Places that actually haven't shifted location appear to have done so on the map provided.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2009 :  21:42:50  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Stormhorns still go right up to sea. The poster map that was included in the FRCG is more artistic than accurate (which is unfortunate, yes). May I recommend you take a look at the map included in this article Artemel, for a more accurate depiction of Cormyr's environs.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/drback/20080718

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

Artemel
Learned Scribe

USA
110 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2009 :  00:34:44  Show Profile  Visit Artemel's Homepage Send Artemel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So, it's all because the sea receded that an easier avenue west (south-west really) appeared? Wunderbar. Well... that's still better than most other Shattered Realms reasons.
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2009 :  02:48:57  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bad time to mention that the sea receded because the Spellplague caused the ground to collapse into the Underdark, leading the Inner Sea to drain into the new 'hole in the ground'. It's also the home of the Aboleth Sovereignty.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2009 :  04:29:28  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-The Sea of Fallen Stars is now mostly devoid of Aquatic Elven settlements asides for Myth Nantar as well.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000