Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2009)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 103

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2009 :  01:20:15  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message
Congrats THO on your 3000th post!

Question related to my earlier query about the Moonshaes: Is there any geographical part of Ed's Realms that was not used by TSR/WotC and is not covered by NDA? Primarily, I'm thinking of the continent north of Maztica on the "Scholar's View of Abeir-Toril" map in the 3E FRCS (if there is in fact anything more than a coastline), as I know that Ed's Anchorome was quite different... which leads me to my second query: How much of the geography of that map (speaking here strictly in terms of continental outlines) is Ed's, and how much is the work of Zeb Cook (Kara-Tur), Jeff Grubb (Zakhara), and others? What I'm really wondering is, were Kara-Tur, Zakhara, and Maztica placed in existing (formerly blank) geography, or were the maps designed along with the settings occupying them? Apologies for the long-winded phrasing of the inquiry. I'm going to try to cut back on the queries for a while and give Ed time to catch up on some answers for all of us... I've been told for over thirty of my less than forty years that I ask too many questions.

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.
Go to Top of Page

vallon
Acolyte

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2009 :  00:56:18  Show Profile Send vallon a Private Message
Greetings! This is my first post on CK Forum. I've been reading everyone's posts for some time and have been amazed at the knowledge of all of the scribes. The kindness of THO and the Old Mage's incredible imagination is truly humbling. I came to FR thru the novels--the first was Elminster in Hell. I think it's a great novel (not 'just' a great FR book). I was hooked and knew that I wanted to explore Ed's world and writing. I've read all of his novels and have just finished Elaine Cunningham's, as well. Thanks again, Ed, for a wonderful world.
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2009 :  01:04:40  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message
If I may say so, welcome to Candlekeep!

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

vallon
Acolyte

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2009 :  01:07:45  Show Profile Send vallon a Private Message
Why thank you, Joran!
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2009 :  01:17:02  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by vallon

Why thank you, Joran!

You're very welcome, Vallon. And I have to say that Elaine Cunningham's books are some of my favorites. I hope that you enjoyed them as much as I have. Some of her characters have been used to great effect in my campaigns, especially Elaith.

I'll go back to being quiet now, LOL.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2009 :  02:39:46  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all. I bring the latest words of Ed:

Vallon, welcome, and thank you very much for your kind words about ELMINSTER IN HELL. I'm rather proud of that one, myself. :} Right now, I'm contemplating putting old El through a rather different sort of hell, but NDAs prevent me from saying anything more useful about that.
Sage, you asked about Narandor's skyship designs. Narandor was one of the first to move past wanting to design sleek, "super sea-sailing vessel" ship shapes, into gigantic round discs with a central torus or "bulge" full of living or cargo quarters, with multiple linked-control wings, rudders, and steering vanes all over the ship. He kept refining these designs, in various sizes, most of them looking increasingly less like something meant to fly - - but they were incredibly durable because they had tripod feet, could suffer the loss of several wings and fins and vanes and still maneuver and fly with some precision, and were riddled with internal braces, buttresses, and "crumple zones" (not a term anyone in the Realms would use, of course). As a result, many of them - - more than three dozen - - still survive, crashed in mountainous regions or buried under city buildings or drowned deep in seas but serving aquatic races as abodes. Narandor even devised ships that "gave birth" to smaller gigs or launches that could be used to ferry passengers and small cargoes to and from the larger ships, or to escape them if need be.

So saith Ed. Who will return with more Realmslore late tomorrow, if possible (he has family visiting again, hence the slowdown in his Realmslore offerings).
love to all,
THO

Edit: Oops, I dropped the last two lines Ed wrote to Vallon from Ed's post. Here they are (with apologies to Elaine, who is named in them):
I share your love of Elaine's books, too, and have done from my first glimpse of ELFSHADOW, so long ago, when I got to really revel in Waterdeep brought to life so well that throughout the entire book, there was never a jarring moment for me; it was literally my imagined city brought to life (with GREAT new characters, too!). I loved working with Elaine, much later, on CITY OF SPLENDORS, and would cheerfully write half a dozen sequels if Wizards would let us, and we could do them all together, and Elaine wanted to; I want to see more of "what happened next" to all of the surviving characters, plus the ones we had to trim for lack of wordcount.

Sorry, Ed and Elaine. Two long and important sentences almost fell into oblivion, there!
My bad. Ed, I'll expect my usual punishment. Elaine, feel free to join in if you're that way inclined, too.
love,
THO

Edited by - The Hooded One on 29 Aug 2009 02:47:05
Go to Top of Page

vallon
Acolyte

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2009 :  14:25:35  Show Profile Send vallon a Private Message
Thank you Ed and Good Lady. I'm currently reading the Best of the Realms Book III: the stories of Elaine Cunningham. City of Splendors was, of course, brought to mind as I read the excellent story 'Fire is Fire'. So much to admire in this book! Until that happy day when I can browse the shelves of Larksong Stories once again, it's on to the 'Ed presents...' books(City of the Dead-featuring the wonderful Carver family-has whetted my appetite for more!). Love to you both and to Elaine, as well.
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2009 :  14:44:42  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Joran Nobleheart

I agree. Well met.

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

vallon
Acolyte

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2009 :  15:07:11  Show Profile Send vallon a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

quote:
Originally posted by Joran Nobleheart

I agree. Well met.

Thank you, kind sir!
Go to Top of Page

Malcolm
Learned Scribe

242 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2009 :  15:59:25  Show Profile  Visit Malcolm's Homepage Send Malcolm a Private Message
Dear Ed and THO,
I have a rooftop question, pre-Spellplague, for the cities of Suzail, Marsember, and Arabel. Omitting public buildings, castles, and nobles' mansions, and just considering multi-storey "street block buildings" (er, like the brownstones of real-world NYC, or the "street-floor-shop, two or three levels of office or living quarters above" rectangular buildings of many, many places)...what are the roofs GENERALLY like?
As in: ventilation shafts, roof hatches/ladders/what access is there, exactly? Flat areas? Nearly-flat areas? Any spots that could be used to shelter from wet or cold weather? Any hiding places for humans? Or for much smaller objects?
I'm awaiting some rooftop fights, in my current campaign.
Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Baleful Avatar
Learned Scribe

Canada
161 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2009 :  16:43:46  Show Profile  Visit Baleful Avatar's Homepage Send Baleful Avatar a Private Message
Dear Ed and THO,
I have a fashion question, for nobles and wealthy "noble-wannabes" in Suzail and high society Cormyr. Both pre- and post-Spellplague, if you will...
When do fashion-forefront, "daring" ladies wear boots? Slippers? Stiletto-heeled shoes? (Or do these exist at all?)
And how do elderly, conservative, "dowdy" noblewomen and rich old non-noble ladies behave differently, re. wearing footwear?
Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2009 :  18:49:33  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all. I bring you once more the words of Ed, this time in response to Blueblade's recent query: "Dear Ed and THO, I ran into a gamer earlier today who once played in an Ed-run Realms adventure, and he told me to ask Ed to tell me "the story of the six dragons fighting in a castle, and wrecking it," apparently while he and other PC adventurers were inside. So, Ed, being as this is one I've GOT to hear . . . please?"
Ed replies:

Ah, that was back in the 1980s; a standalone 4-hour Realms adventure I ran at several conventions, usually at charity events. That one concerned a long-abandoned, ruined castle (one of the Ghost Holds in Battledale) whose upper floors had been gutted by a long-ago fire. A wounded, pursued-by-former-comrades Sembian thief had hidden loot in one of its cellars, intending to return, and been slain before he could. Monsters were now lairing in the place, and the PCs are a band of young novices out to seek their fortunes, hoping to earn a few coins from alchemists in Ordulin and Yhaunn who've promised to pay well for certain sorts of beast scales, blood, claws/talons, tails, and internal organs.
It was a low-level dungeon crawl, with more mysteries and minor encounters than really tough beasts, a few undead, no "traps" . . . and one big "teach players when the have their characters just flee like heck" moment: if a certain long-lost Netherese magic item is disturbed, it is activated, sending out images and silent "mind-calls" across most of the Sea of Fallen Stars and Moonsea North region to lure dragons. Unwitting hatchlings and immature young drakes will be drawn to it, but a few of the elder wyrms will recognize it for just what it is, and come at speed to destroy it. It can be used to compel (command, perfectly) dragons by those who know how, and some evil dragons may succumb, once close to it, to the temptation to seize and wield it against other dragons, to turn them into its slaves.
So what happens, if the PCs disturb this item, is that the elder wyrms come winging to the castle in a frantic race to get to the item first and destroy it (or if beset by other dragons, use it to force them away or to fight each other so as to leave them time enough to destroy it [or if they're evil, goad all other dragons into slaughtering each other so as to leave it with as few rivals as possible, ere they need to sleep, and "turn the item off" ere hiding it in their own hoard or elsewhere]).
The dragons literally tear apart the upper floors of the castle searching for the item ans fighting each other; the PCs risk being buried alive, and so must come up into the midst of this battle, and become its focus. What happens then depends on their actions (throwing the item away and fleeing, trying to use the item against the dragons, trying to just flee with it, and so on). There is nothing in the adventure that tells the PCs how to use the item or what it does, so they are unlikely to "do the wisest thing" except by observation of the dragons, swift reactions, or chance.
They are also extremely unlikely to be able to control the dragons well enough for a clear triumph; the item in effect causes the adventure to end in a frantic whirlwind of fleeing, fighting, and trying to figure out what to do. Several parties saw one member either foolishly or heroically die in the jaws of a dragon, item in hand, trying to control a situation where far too many dragons are coming at the PCs from far too many directions to cope with all at once.
Heh-heh.

So saith Ed. Who isn't usually this, ah, "mean" to players, but enjoyed posing this challenge to them. When he sprang it on the Knights, we hurled the item into the deepest cellar, and as the dragons swarmed after it, clawing each other and at the walls and earth around, our mages blasted the damaged ruins so as to collapse it all down on their heads - - long enough for us to take ourselves elsewhere. In a farukking hurry!
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2009 :  19:06:53  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

<chop>So saith Ed. Who isn't usually this, ah, "mean" to players, but enjoyed posing this challenge to them. When he sprang it on the Knights, we hurled the item into the deepest cellar, and as the dragons swarmed after it, clawing each other and at the walls and earth around, our mages blasted the damaged ruins so as to collapse it all down on their heads - - long enough for us to take ourselves elsewhere. In a farukking hurry!
love to all,
THO

Great story, Ed and THO! Thanks for sharing! I would imagine that after dropping a castle on a bunch of dragons, the only way to flee is via teleport... anything else just isn't fast enough for anybody concerned.

No question; just wanted to share my appreciation for a good adventuring tale. I have a few of those myself, but this is not the place for them. Besides, I have timeline tweaks and an old PC ancestry to work on for an eventual campaign. Not to mention a Pathfinder rulebook to read... enough babbling by me. Oh, and one quick question while I'm about it: Anything new to report on the liberation of pre-Spellplague lore from the NDA vaults? That's all. Thanks!

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

Go to Top of Page

gomez
Learned Scribe

Netherlands
254 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2009 :  19:55:07  Show Profile  Visit gomez's Homepage Send gomez a Private Message
quote:

Ah, that was back in the 1980s; a standalone 4-hour Realms adventure I ran at several conventions, usually at charity events. That one concerned a long-abandoned, ruined castle (one of the Ghost Holds in Battledale) whose upper floors had been gutted by a long-ago fire.

Hmmm. Would it be possible to rework this adventure (possibly sans Nethril item, or maybe a bit changed) for 4th ed? It might make a nice LFR Dalelands introduction adventure.
If Ed sees a possibility - well you have my email address ;)

Gomez
Go to Top of Page

Zandilar
Learned Scribe

Australia
313 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2009 :  01:55:53  Show Profile  Visit Zandilar's Homepage Send Zandilar a Private Message
Heya,

Just a quick question that occurred to me this morning while musing about the Realms (I tend to do that from time to time ).

Does the art of Hypnosis exist in the Realms, and if so, how is it viewed? And more importantly does it actually work (given that some things just don't seem to translate from Earth to Realms)?

Zandilar
~amor vincit omnia~
~audaces fortuna iuvat~

As the spell ends, you look up into the sky to see the sun blazing overhead like noon in a desert. Then something else in the sky catches your attention. Turning your gaze, you see a tawny furred kitten bounding across the sky towards the new sun. Her eyes glint a mischevious green as she pounces on it as if it were nothing but a colossal ball of golden yarn. With quick strokes of her paws, it is batted across the sky, back and forth. Then with a wink the kitten and the sun disappear, leaving the citizens of Elversult gazing up with amazed expressions that quickly turn into chortles and mirth.

The Sunlord left Elversult the same day in humilitation, and was never heard from again.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2009 :  02:16:33  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Zandilar

Does the art of Hypnosis exist in the Realms, and if so, how is it viewed? And more importantly does it actually work (given that some things just don't seem to translate from Earth to Realms)?

While awaiting Ed's reply, I will note that a form of self-hypnosis exists in the Realms, among the Rashemaar berserkers.

And, as I recall, the morkoth [as noted in Sea of Fallen Stars] utilise hypnosis against their prey.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

reiwynn
Acolyte

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2009 :  07:48:15  Show Profile  Visit reiwynn's Homepage Send reiwynn a Private Message
Dear THO and ED,

I have a post (possibly pre) Spellplague question about Vangerdahast. In Elminster's daughter he was told that the chosen could turn him into a dragon so that he could become one of Cormyr's new guardians. Would he still be in this stasis after the Spellplague or would he have perished / been let loose because of it, and if he's still alive how would he be affected by it having been in stasis?

Thank you =)

Out of the frying pan, and into the dragons' maw.....
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2009 :  16:19:31  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Malcolm

Dear Ed and THO,
I have a rooftop question, pre-Spellplague, for the cities of Suzail, Marsember, and Arabel. Omitting public buildings, castles, and nobles' mansions, and just considering multi-storey "street block buildings" (er, like the brownstones of real-world NYC, or the "street-floor-shop, two or three levels of office or living quarters above" rectangular buildings of many, many places)...what are the roofs GENERALLY like?
As in: ventilation shafts, roof hatches/ladders/what access is there, exactly? Flat areas? Nearly-flat areas? Any spots that could be used to shelter from wet or cold weather? Any hiding places for humans? Or for much smaller objects?
I'm awaiting some rooftop fights, in my current campaign.
Thanks!

I'm definately not Ed (no beard for one thing), but there was a mention or two of characters wearing stiletto-heels in War of the Spider Queen - then again, seeing as that were drow, I guess it could be a more literal description

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2009 :  16:58:15  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all! reiwynn, Ed has sent me a very swift reply to your query about Vangerdahast:

Sorry, but a bright, shiny new NDA (hint hint HINT) is in place regarding Vangerdahast's fate. We shall have to see . . .
And yes, there are plans to let all of us see.

So saith Ed. Ho ho, and so forth.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Baleful Avatar
Learned Scribe

Canada
161 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2009 :  17:05:54  Show Profile  Visit Baleful Avatar's Homepage Send Baleful Avatar a Private Message
Dear Ed and THO,
Another question, if you will.
Does the average shopkeeper in Suzail (and Waterdeep, and Iriaebor) make notes? As in, the equivalent of a little notepad or pocket book for jotting down contact information, orders, requests, reminders of stuff to do, tallies, and so on?
If so, what format do these usually take? A chalkboard? Stuff chalked on a countertop? ?
Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Malcolm
Learned Scribe

242 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2009 :  17:08:43  Show Profile  Visit Malcolm's Homepage Send Malcolm a Private Message
Heh. Regarding BA's previous question, I seem to remember another canon reference to stiletto heels in the Realms, as worn by a human female in a city. I just can't remember where. I DO know I'm not recalling a website piece (so, no Spin A Yarns) or magazine article, either. Hmmm.
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2009 :  17:47:53  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message
quote:
Sorry, but a bright, shiny new NDA (hint hint HINT) is in place regarding Vangerdahast's fate. We shall have to see . . .
And yes, there are plans to let all of us see.

That is all.
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2009 :  21:29:36  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message
so Vangy's fate too is veiled by NDA the Great Knowledge With-holder.....

how very interesting, maybe in Elminster must die.

I swear if El dies I wont buy anymore FR novels...

um yes a Question,

has anyone in any of Ed's games had a character that worshiped a non canon home grown deity ??? and what was its name.

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

Baleful Avatar
Learned Scribe

Canada
161 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2009 :  00:32:44  Show Profile  Visit Baleful Avatar's Homepage Send Baleful Avatar a Private Message
I'm waiting for Wizards to give Ed a chance to fill in the gaps in Elminster's Saga, so it gives us the overall panorama of his life, like Salvatore has been able to do with Drizzt. For one thing, it would show us SO many more useful Realms NPCs, familiar to us and not yet known to us.
Failing that, I want to see more about the descendants of, say, Elminster's daughter, or the Knights of Myth Drannor - - or even what Narm did after the end of the Shandril trilogy.
So many stories . . .
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2009 :  02:54:12  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Baleful Avatar

I'm waiting for Wizards to give Ed a chance to fill in the gaps in Elminster's Saga, so it gives us the overall panorama of his life, like Salvatore has been able to do with Drizzt. For one thing, it would show us SO many more useful Realms NPCs, familiar to us and not yet known to us.
Failing that, I want to see more about the descendants of, say, Elminster's daughter, or the Knights of Myth Drannor - - or even what Narm did after the end of the Shandril trilogy.
So many stories . . .

Baleful Avatar, you might be waiting a long time, given Wizards' stated intent to avoid pre-Spellplague storylines... which is what frustrates me about the timejump, as I've already said. They won't tell the stories, but they won't repeal the NDAs either, which means the old lore stays bottled up.

Ed, I'm really hoping that (a) I'm very wrong in my perception here, and (b) you can correct me at least in a general sense (I understand that specific examples are impossible where the mighty NDA is concerned). That's the closest thing to a question I have; I'm trying to let you catch up in your answers to older queries, but I suspect that my efforts are in vain here.

The only thing I can think of regarding my earlier thoughts is that Wizards is keeping the old lore back as an ace in the hole if the Spellplagued Realms don't do well, so they have something "new" to reboot the setting with for 5E... whenever that comes along. It should be noted that this is all just my speculations; I have nothing to base this on, because I can't find any data to provide the slightest bit of a foundation for a real theory. Hopefully I've emphasized that enough. I hope for the sake of the Realms as a continued publication that it does well, regardless of my personal feelings about its current state, and the last thing I want is for Wizards to turn it into a novels-only setting because the game products aren't selling.

Ed, if there's anything you can contribute to correct my assumptions, I'd love to hear it... particularly if it's lore that you've managed to pry out from uNDA whatever was trapping it.

Edited by - Jakk on 01 Sep 2009 02:55:54
Go to Top of Page

reiwynn
Acolyte

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2009 :  11:41:19  Show Profile  Visit reiwynn's Homepage Send reiwynn a Private Message
Thank you THO and Ed for the reply it's very much appreciated. Now to wait with much anticipation for Elminster must die. =)

Out of the frying pan, and into the dragons' maw.....
Go to Top of Page

Longtime Lurker
Seeker

51 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2009 :  21:30:50  Show Profile  Visit Longtime Lurker's Homepage Send Longtime Lurker a Private Message
Dear Ed,
Years back you gave a talk (at one of the GenCons you were a Guest of Honor at, but I can't recall which one) during which you mentioned a merchant character who bred small lizards for cooking-pot use in the Vast, who was traveling with caravans through Cormyr and Sembia trying to establish regular buyers for his lizards, and not encountering many takers except in Marsember.
What was that character's name, did you develop any more about him, did you use him in play (e.g. with THO and the players of the Knights), and what was his fate?
Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Blueblade
Senior Scribe

USA
804 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2009 :  21:34:17  Show Profile  Visit Blueblade's Homepage Send Blueblade a Private Message
Dear Ed and THO,
I've just found some of my notes from a chat I had with you at the Great Canadian Baycon a few years ago.
Unfortunately, I wasn't (and "amn't") a very good note-taker. So could you please tell me: what is or was "The Book That Talks Back" ?
And how did it come to "public" attention in the Realms?
Thanks,
BB
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2009 :  23:30:51  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message
Hi Ed. Happy belated birthday and all that - as I knew about your 'surprise', I didn't get in touch before GEN-CON but will drop you an e-mail this weekend to shoot the breeze.

I was thinking the other day (dangerous, I know) about the Simbul and the Red Wizards of Thay and it sent me wondering as to whether there were any Red Wizards that she respected or perhaps (*horror*) even feared just a teensy little bit. You've long stated in published realmslore that the zulkirs of Thay are not necessarily the most magically mighty in the realm (save for Szass perhaps) so I was wondering about other, more subtle but still powerful movers and shakers in Thay.

Show us what you got! (And if that doesn't provoke a response from THO, I don't know what will ...)

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2009 :  23:38:55  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message
I had no idea that I missed Mr. Greenwood's birthday greeting. Please send along my own Happy Belated Birthday too.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 103 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000