Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2009)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 123

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5043 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2009 :  03:19:33  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all.
Well, this from Ed just popped up lightning-swift in my inbox. A response to Zandilar's questions: "Question the first: A centaur arrives in Neverwinter in the company of a pair of adventurers. Where would said centaur find accommodation, and what form would it take? How would she be received by the watch and by the townsfolk?

Question two: The centaur wishes to be trained by an itinerant priestess of Sharess who is currently residing in the city. One of the adventurers is this priestess's protege. The church doesn't have a formal presence in the city, nor a building of its own (which is why the centaur needs to find her own accommodations) - but I suspect that the protege is planning to establish one at some point when she has enough money to do so. What hoops would the protege (who is well regarded by some amongst the powers that be, and has a small amount of fame in the city itself for spoiling a plot by Aurilites to bring winter to Neverwinter) have to jump through in order to gain permission to set up a temple to Sharess within the city limits? What part of the city would the temple be permitted to be built and/or set up in?"
Ed replies:

Hi, Zandilar. I have always seen and depicted Neverwinter as the tolerant counterbalance to Luskan. Loose, gentle government, a lot more "keeping of the peace" by neighbours standing and acting together than by jackbooted authority. A lot more "live and let live" attitude, so long as that's not exploited to "I get to punch your face because I feel like it" extremes.
Neverwinter has both inns and rental lodgings that cater to shapeshifters, centaurs, wemics, and other four-footed, intelligent speaking guests. So a centaur would be calmly received by the Watch and most inhabitants. Some shops will simply be too crowded for a centaur to navigate through, but a good two-thirds of the proprietors of such places will be eager, not just grudging, at fetching selections of wares and bringing them out to where a centaur can look them over and purchase (or not).
As for Sharess: no problem at all. I'd say Neverwinter already has shrines to Sharess and most other non-evil deities, so establishing a temple is a simple manner of applying to the "city courtiers" so they can tax said temple. Presto: end of hoops. :}
Most of the rental lodgings mentioned above, and the best temple sites, are in the lightly-wooded inland or northeastern parts of Neverwinter; the near-the-shore "downtown" is already crowded and built up - - but then, it's also the least hospitable local terrain for hooved creatures and those who want room to do things in (like worship, dance or flirt or more to the greater glory of Sharess, and so on). Neverwinter and Everlund are the only large centers in the northern Sword Coast region that have substantial "forested park" -like conditions within their dwelling and patrolled areas, and those very conditions would be enticing to both a temple to Sharess and any centaur who doesn't mind sharing with other sylvan folk.
Now, that's not to say that Neverwinter doesn't have some inwardly-unfriendly-to-Sharess folk who will take advantage of the open, tolerant nature of the city to come and spy on who worships at the temple and what they get up to (and even some non-Sharess-haters who are just looking for an orgy to enjoy).
Neverwinter is yet ANOTHER of the too-neglected cities I wish we could have done a lot more with, in the published Realms. It can make for a great campaign setting, and I regret that the scenes set in it in SILVERFALL are such a brief glimpse of the place.

So saith Ed. Who will return with more Realmslore in the fullness of time, folks. Yes, he's still in the saddle; he's just very busy right now, particularly at his library day job, which has shifted to full-time this week so some of his co-workers can take some well-deserved holidays.
One Ed, amongst so many weary women; now THERE'S a vision to conjure with . . .
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5043 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2009 :  03:24:19  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Jakk, no to both of your questions: the identity of the Cormyrean author hasn't been revealed (correctly guessed) by anyone yet, and no, the Big Announcement hasn't been made. I'll nudge Ed to see if he can find out anything about the second one . . . and the first one is of course up to the guesses of the scribes of Candlekeep.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5043 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2009 :  03:28:31  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Oh, and a reply to Wooly:
I can recall off the top of my head at least one innate talent a NPC demonstrated in the Realms (quite an otherwise normal, young, non-adventuring, low-ranking, "ordinary" mundane boy of a NPC, too): deadly accurate mimicry of someone he'd just heard speak. I mean, DEAD ON, extending their voice, including singing voice and/or sound of breathing or wheezing, to a full vocabulary even if he'd only heard a few words. He got hired by lots of shady characters to work small, short-lived impersonations to deceive various people.

Ed will of course provide more, when he gets around to that query in the huge and ever-growing heap of queries.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2009 :  08:55:19  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message
Ed and THO,

I was just perusing the scroll with the help of Google Advanced Search, updating my lore-notes for Cormyr, and I noticed that the forthcoming details of House Sorndrake were last mentioned on March 25... I have enjoyed the lore on the other houses so much that this forthcoming lore has become just as eagerly anticipated by me as by my fellow scribe Daviot. Hearing that Ed is in fact even *busier* than usual (how is that even possible?) reassures me somewhat. Exactly *how* huge is that heap of queries at this time, just out of curiosity?

On a related note, hopefully Ed is next in line for those well-deserved holidays; I'm about to start a week off from my day job myself, and spending most of that week visiting my mom and packing up my collection of 1E/2E publications, including a hard-copy collection of Dragon magazine from #52* up, as I try to orchestrate a way to move it all to my current residence four hours' highway drive away without a vehicle of my own.

* - I'm looking for a cover-and-pages-intact copy of #51, if Ed happens to have an extra one or know someone who does; no special reason, except that it's Volume VI, Number 1, and I like my collections to be complete that way if possible.

By way of a Realmslore question: regarding one earlier asked, and answered with my favourite three letters: is there anything at all other than "NDA" that you *can* tell me about those thirteen pyramids under Ascore? George Krashos mentioned (in a tease elsewhere in CK) that there was something regarding the pyramids that was planned for LEoF, but that piece didn't make it into the final product. That being said, is there any chance of that material ever being released in any form, or of the NDA being revoked if not?

Apologies for the long-windedness of this inquiry. I meant what I said about Ed deserving some vacation time from his day job, even if he spends it all writing novels and Realmslore. Many thanks in advance,

Jakk

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.

Edited by - Jakk on 11 Jul 2009 08:56:14
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2055 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2009 :  10:33:12  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message
I am interested if ED can tell me about the imaskarcana that hasnt been released and if he can share anything about old imaskar.

( 10 to 1 that atleast one of them is nda...)

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5043 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2009 :  16:28:37  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all.
Yes, Ed is busier than the wind and the tides at the moment, and I'm sorry, sfdragon, Imaskar and everything about it is NDA right now (but look on the bright side: that means SOMEONE is at work on SOMETHING involving it).
Jakk, Ed is acutely aware that he's left the very patient and polite Daviot hanging, waiting far too long for the Sorndrake lore. He'll get to it, he promises.
Ascore is another "partially NDA'd" matter; Ed will have to check to see what he's allowed to reveal, if anything. I'm suspecting "nothing" will be the reply he gets, but we'll see . . .
Unfortunately, Jakk, Ed doesn't have any spare DRAGONS, any more; he gave some of them to friends replenishing a damaged-in-fire (actually by the firemens' water hoses) collection, signed a few more for charity give-aways, and is down to the bare bones.
Apropos of Ed's reply to Zandilar about Neverwinter, I unearthed this from my Ed campaign notes about the city:

To the north and east, the city becomes a series of irregular "blocks" formed by wandering streets that abandon any semblance of a grid pattern. This is largely due to the prevalence of small rills (brooks or tiny streams) that rise as springs in this area, and then tumble and meander gently down into pools and even a larger pond or two. As a result, there's a light forest covering much of the area, and mansions with gardens, walled and otherwise, have been built in plenty. Sinkholes and the many thirsty roots have prevented open bogs or swampland for the most part, creating an entire third or so of the city that looks more like forest than built-up area. Small arch bridges are common, only a few lanterns provide any lighting on the roads at night, and well-trained guardian dogs (and other creatures, including panthers and golems) guard some estates against brigands and raiding bands (of orcs, half-orcs, and sometimes hobgoblins, gnolls, and flind) from the surrounding wilderlands (miles of wooded, gently-rolling hills). The custom in Neverwinter is to have SILENT guardians, not barking, howling alarm-raisers, and to pin or surround or drive out intruders rather than savage them, but monsters of decidedly non-human form are generally exceptions to this; their presence will evoke alarm-raising and battle.

So saith Ed, with another tidbit of Neverwinter lore from the past (I believe he wrote that lore from which my notes are derived during or before 1988).
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2055 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2009 :  22:38:21  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message
hate NDAs dealing with the extremely distant past......

so someone is doing someinthing with the resturned imaskar.... interesting, as long as its a novel and not some dumb living FR module...

how many novels are in the Ed Greenwood presents: waterdeep??

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

Zandilar
Learned Scribe

Australia
313 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2009 :  23:33:08  Show Profile  Visit Zandilar's Homepage Send Zandilar a Private Message
Heya,

quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One
To the north and east, the city becomes a series of irregular "blocks" formed by wandering streets that abandon any semblance of a grid pattern. This is largely due to the prevalence of small rills (brooks or tiny streams) that rise as springs in this area, and then tumble and meander gently down into pools and even a larger pond or two. As a result, there's a light forest covering much of the area, and mansions with gardens, walled and otherwise, have been built in plenty. Sinkholes and the many thirsty roots have prevented open bogs or swampland for the most part, creating an entire third or so of the city that looks more like forest than built-up area. Small arch bridges are common, only a few lanterns provide any lighting on the roads at night, and well-trained guardian dogs (and other creatures, including panthers and golems) guard some estates against brigands and raiding bands (of orcs, half-orcs, and sometimes hobgoblins, gnolls, and flind) from the surrounding wilderlands (miles of wooded, gently-rolling hills). The custom in Neverwinter is to have SILENT guardians, not barking, howling alarm-raisers, and to pin or surround or drive out intruders rather than savage them, but monsters of decidedly non-human form are generally exceptions to this; their presence will evoke alarm-raising and battle.

Sounds just like the kind of place I'd like to live in.

The vision of Neverwinter I had in my head was largely shaped by the Neverwinter Nights game by Bioware, but I'm beginning to see that Bioware's designers were fairly obviously limited to what would work well in a computer game (or else they didn't really have that much information on Neverwinter and made it up as they went along).

From this, it sounds like Neverwinter doesn't actually have a wall. Am I right in guessing that?

Thanks to you, THO, and to Ed for some more superb Neverwinter lore, it will definitely come in handy.

Zandilar
~amor vincit omnia~
~audaces fortuna iuvat~

As the spell ends, you look up into the sky to see the sun blazing overhead like noon in a desert. Then something else in the sky catches your attention. Turning your gaze, you see a tawny furred kitten bounding across the sky towards the new sun. Her eyes glint a mischevious green as she pounces on it as if it were nothing but a colossal ball of golden yarn. With quick strokes of her paws, it is batted across the sky, back and forth. Then with a wink the kitten and the sun disappear, leaving the citizens of Elversult gazing up with amazed expressions that quickly turn into chortles and mirth.

The Sunlord left Elversult the same day in humilitation, and was never heard from again.
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5043 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2009 :  23:59:22  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all.
A pleasure, Zandilar.
That's right, Neverwinter doesn't have a city wall.
It does, of course, have many walled "compounds" around caravan coster bases (paddocks plus wagon repair sheds, warehouses, and bunkhouses), walls around various mansions and gardens, and a small walled area at the older, southern end of the docks (from the days when goblinkin raids on the dockside warehouses were a nightly problem).
Yet no city wall, no.
Of course, from the beginning TSR latched on to Neverwinter as a place to license for a computer games BECAUSE it had a prohibition on published city maps to hamper raiders (TSR figured that gave any computer company who picked up the license "free reign" to develop the city as they pleased).
"Neverwinter Nights" itself was originally the name of the local Neverwinter city newpaper (Ed actually published some issues of it, just for fun for his players), until the name was "given" to BioWare. So Ed named the game before it was a game - - and before there was a BioWare, too!
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2009 :  03:31:40  Show Profile  Send Kuje an AOL message  Click to see Kuje's MSN Messenger address  Send Kuje a Yahoo! Message Send Kuje a Private Message
quote:

"Neverwinter Nights" itself was originally the name of the local Neverwinter city newpaper (Ed actually published some issues of it, just for fun for his players), until the name was "given" to BioWare. So Ed named the game before it was a game - - and before there was a BioWare, too!
love,
THO

Showing my age here but actually, AOL had Neverwinter Nights before Bioware. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

My Goodreads page: http://www.goodreads.com/kuje

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Zandilar
Learned Scribe

Australia
313 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2009 :  06:33:05  Show Profile  Visit Zandilar's Homepage Send Zandilar a Private Message
Heya,

quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:

love,
THO

Showing my age here but actually, AOL had Neverwinter Nights before Bioware. :)

Yes, indeed. It was a gold box game, and was arguably the first "modern" graphical MMORPG. But I have a feeling that Ed's Neverwinter Nights newspaper predates that too. (It was a co-production of Stormfront Studios, SSI, TSR and AOL, published in 1991, and ran until 1997. Wikipedia linky here.)

Zandilar
~amor vincit omnia~
~audaces fortuna iuvat~

As the spell ends, you look up into the sky to see the sun blazing overhead like noon in a desert. Then something else in the sky catches your attention. Turning your gaze, you see a tawny furred kitten bounding across the sky towards the new sun. Her eyes glint a mischevious green as she pounces on it as if it were nothing but a colossal ball of golden yarn. With quick strokes of her paws, it is batted across the sky, back and forth. Then with a wink the kitten and the sun disappear, leaving the citizens of Elversult gazing up with amazed expressions that quickly turn into chortles and mirth.

The Sunlord left Elversult the same day in humilitation, and was never heard from again.
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5043 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2009 :  17:36:29  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Yes, Ed's Neverwinter Nights predates the gold box game, too. I'd forgotten about that one. I do remember Ed showing us POOL OF RADIANCE and EYE OF THE BEHOLDER (games were, well, a little primitive at the time; for a lark I wrote up a Realms equivalent for LEATHR GODDESSES OF PHOBOS, for our own private amusement; I used teleports to "loop" you back out of various hilarious perdicaments in Waterdeep, to the "main action sequence," which ended in Kitten's bed. With Laeral shooting beholders out of the sky like fireworks. Ed loved it.
Ah, nostalgia . . .
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Menelvagor
Senior Scribe

Israel
352 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2009 :  21:30:51  Show Profile  Visit Menelvagor's Homepage Send Menelvagor a Private Message
Ooooooh... Any chance of us getting our paws on this adventure, milady? It will please us greatly, and pleasure is usually shared, is it not?

"Shall mortal man be more just than God? shall a man be more pure than his maker?
Behold, he put no trust in his servants; and his angels he charged with folly.
How much less them that dwell in houses of clay, whose foundation in the dust, are crushed before the moth?" - Eliphaz the Temanite, Job IV, 17-19.

"Yea, though he live a thousand years twice, yet hath he seen no good: do not all go to one place?" - Ecclesiastes VI, 6.

"There are no stupid questions just a bunch of inquisitive idiots."

"Let's not call it 'hijacking'. Let's call it 'Thread Drift'."
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5043 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2009 :  02:35:09  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
You have a working Mac II running System 6.02, that has an 800k floppy disc drive, Menelvagor?
I suppose I could print it out and turn it into a text-only "Choose Your Own Adventure" or "Pick-A-Path" -style prose adventure, but I can also see that taking more than a YEAR of my spare time. That I could far better use for doing other things. Getting my body licked all over a few thousand times, for instance.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

BEAST
Master of Realmslore

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2009 :  15:15:04  Show Profile  Visit BEAST's Homepage Send BEAST a Private Message
"Lit Your Own Adventure" vs. "Lick Your Own Adventure"?

Are we really all that surprised at her preference?

"'You don't know my history,' he said dryly."
--Drizzt Do'Urden (The Pirate King, Part 1: Chapter 2)

<"Comprehensive Chronology of R.A. Salvatore Forgotten Realms Works">
Go to Top of Page

Baleful Avatar
Learned Scribe

Canada
161 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2009 :  00:04:53  Show Profile  Visit Baleful Avatar's Homepage Send Baleful Avatar a Private Message
Heh. No, strangely enough.
I have a plea re. the "mysterious Cormyrean author" of the salacious book about Queen Fee: can THO or Ed "help" guessers by eliminating, say, characters named in his Realmslore series of web articles (the people Azoun and Filfaeril met, and all the courtiers named in the two-part "Cormyr protocol" pieces)? Please?
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5043 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2009 :  00:10:50  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi, all.
Baleful, your command is my wish (she purred masochistically). Consider it done. That is, characters mentioned in Ed's Realmslore series of web columns are eliminated. None of them wrote that sizzling tome.
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

khorne
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1071 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2009 :  00:25:21  Show Profile  Visit khorne's Homepage  Click to see khorne's MSN Messenger address Send khorne a Private Message
Neverwinter doesn't have a city wall? Eeeehh...for a city in the North of all places, that doesn't sound so smart.

If I were a ranger, I would pick NDA for my favorite enemy
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2400 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2009 :  00:26:19  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message
A Mac II. Heh. Nope, my Baffling Vault of Antiquity doesn't stretch quite that far back.

The hard part would actually not be the hardware part, I'm an archivist, I'm sure I could dig something up if I put my mind to it, but rather what to do with the program once it was running. Are we wanting to just do a text dump, are there custom graphics that we're wanting to capture, is the gameplay the thing that's key? And then... ah. Ahem. Sorry. As I mentioned, I'm a digital archivist. This is the sort of problem I work with every day. Sometimes I get carried away.

Thinking about getting carried away in our fields, THO, does Ed ever use his long experience with libraries to snow people who think too highly of themselves? (ie: bury them in technobabble?) And, to put a Realmsian twist on it, how does he handle in the home campaign the unfortunate occurance of provoking a similar flood from a mage/scholar/other irate learned person? By which I mean someone who definitely knows what all the technical jargon means, but it's jargon for something that doesn't exist IRL?

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

Sage of Stars
Seeker

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2009 :  00:40:06  Show Profile  Visit Sage of Stars's Homepage Send Sage of Stars a Private Message
But khorne, that's the thing: not everyone behaves in a similarly "smart" fashion. In both real world and fantasy world settings. For a long time Silverymoon had no walls, either. Everlund still doesn't.
To have city walls, you need either a united prosperous populace to tax without wild unrest to pay for said walls, or a strong militaristic rule to order them built and force slaves or citizens or convicts (or a combination of those) to do the building. Which can take not just decades, but in some cases generations. If there are water supply or sewage problems, they will often take precedence.
Rather than either a large taxable populace who agreed on walls, or a tyrant, Neverwinter had lots of mages (no walls means free fields of fire for whiz-bang "smash invading armies" spells) and nature-lovers instead.
Or so I read the situation, anyway. In the real world, city walls (that a city hadn't outgrown) are more the exception than the rule, actually.
And both Ed and I, in completely different novels, have used the alternative to walls: frequent armed perimeter patrols.

Edited by - Sage of Stars on 14 Jul 2009 00:44:04
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5043 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2009 :  18:40:21  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all. Well said, Sage of Stars.
I bring a brief Realmslore reply from Ed, in response to this, from Drizztsmanchild (back on page 61 of this thread): "Ok, Since we are are discussing...ahem odd things. On another post there is a discussion on El's undergarments. For arguements sake and for lore what exactly are the magical properties of said undergarments? Thank you :)"
Ed replies:

The only consistent enchantment on El's smalls is the same magic that empowers panties of feather falling. Sometimes, however, he has added wards, or ironguard, or "trigger teleports" (teleports wearer away to pre-selected spot, or overriden by willed destination, at the contact of certain sorts of magic).

So saith Ed. One wonders about the enchantments on lingerie . . .
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
30340 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2009 :  20:52:39  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:

I bring a brief Realmslore reply from Ed, in response to this, from Drizztsmanchild (back on page 61 of this thread): "Ok, Since we are are discussing...ahem odd things. On another post there is a discussion on El's undergarments. For arguements sake and for lore what exactly are the magical properties of said undergarments? Thank you :)"
Ed replies:

The only consistent enchantment on El's smalls is the same magic that empowers panties of feather falling. Sometimes, however, he has added wards, or ironguard, or "trigger teleports" (teleports wearer away to pre-selected spot, or overriden by willed destination, at the contact of certain sorts of magic).

love to all,
THO

One wonders why El would feel the need to ironguard his skivvies. That's protection above and beyond that of a cup or codpiece!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Blueblade
Senior Scribe

USA
804 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2009 :  21:26:47  Show Profile  Visit Blueblade's Homepage Send Blueblade a Private Message
I daresay that would be for intimate dalliances with ladies in too much of a hurry to remove their armor, Wooly.
BB
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31690 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2009 :  01:05:59  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

Ed replies:

love to all,
THO

One wonders why El would feel the need to ironguard his skivvies. That's protection above and beyond that of a cup or codpiece!

Ah, I had Elminster prance around with his enchanted clout during a gaming session once. I won't even go into what I had ready for the enchanted undergarments of the other Chosen.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Blueblade
Senior Scribe

USA
804 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2009 :  19:33:58  Show Profile  Visit Blueblade's Homepage Send Blueblade a Private Message
Dear Ed and THO,
Another Cormyr question, if you will.
In the 1370s DR, is there any substantial settlement going on in the westernmost reaches of the realm (i.e. along the road that runs west out of High Horn, then turns south to the Bridge of Fallen Men)? Or is that still the home of hermits, loner steaders, prospectors, a few foresters and hunters, and outlaws?
Thanks!
BB
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 123 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000