Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2009)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 103

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2009 :  20:17:31  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
. . . And, as promised, here's what Ed has to say about another of The Sage's musical queries from THE SWORD NEVER SLEEPS:

The "currently popular ditty" we hear a short snatch of in Chapter 17 comes from Sembia, and is thought to have been composed by a local minstrel by the name of Blackaland Helveshield (though there is, inevitably, a dispute over this, in the form of other minstrels and bards claiming authorship).

Here it is (crude rhymes, yes, but songs that becoming popular as singalongs tend to have simply lyrics, and succeed thereby):

DARK TIME

My swordarm it is restless
My anger dark and strong
I stride the floor from door to door
And brood on matters wrong
Sinking into a black, black temper . . .

The shadows they all watch me
I give them warnings grim
Skulking lurkers shift and prowl
Turning from me to him
For I’m dark, dark danger . . .

My love is gone, my love is fled
I’m left here all alone
I draw my blade and heft it
Slicing dreams of flesh and bone
Feeling wet, wet bloodlust . . .

Somewhere folk are happy
Still laughing and trading jests
They have no fear of beasts nor men
Who’ll sink blades into their chests
Can’t wait to kill, kill anyone . . .

No more I’ll suffer lass or jack
To stand in my striding way
No more accepting silence
When someone dares me gainsay
I’ll raise red, red war . . .

I’m pacing all the morning
I’ll be bloodletting all the night
In between I brood and keen
Warming for the fight
I’m building a black, black temper . . .

Come back to me, my lover fair
So I can shake this curse
Of death and so much wanting it
No god has seen me worse
I want your bright, bright love . . .

(repeat first verse, usually "slow, loud, and long")

So saith Ed. Who's off to the library now, to work, he tells me.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Aysen
Learned Scribe

115 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2009 :  21:35:50  Show Profile  Visit Aysen's Homepage Send Aysen a Private Message
Hi Ed, LHO, and scribes,

I have a question for Ed about our questions to him (how meta!). Based off of earlier anecdotes here, I assume that when Ed writes his novels and game material, he can roughly predict what areas will be pared away by editors for content and formatting purposes (more than he hoped, but less than he feared? )

Does Ed ever set aside realmslore notes that he is fairly certain we at Candlekeep will ask him about, so that they will be readily at hand when The Hooded One comes calling with our questions? Using The Sage's latest question as an example, does Ed keep copies of completed ballads and songs at hand because he knows he'll only need a snippet of it as "flavor lore", but that we will ask for more later?

Or am I giving Ed too much credit about the organized state of his office?
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2009 :  23:14:27  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Heh. You are giving Ed WAY too much credit for any organized state of his office. Ed outgrew his office and bookshelf space two houses ago, and despite expanding this current one of his by about half and building himself a large (and crammed) library, things are still mass chaos.
Not because Ed's disorganized, though.
It's because he's, as I've said before, about as busy as the leader of any large country you care to name, or the CEO of a LARGE corporation, but has no staff at all. It's all him, and he has to run a house, hold down a day job, deal with all the daily life stuff we all do (shopping, cooking, laundry), oh, and write books and design games at a pace any three other people just might match. Re. his papers and records: Ed's been working on the Realms for over forty years, and things long ago got boxed, misplaced, rearranged, lost, found, repackaged, and so on.
However, YES, Ed keeps lore-notes (like the songs Sage has been asking about) more or less to hand for his most recent novels for each publisher. Just not the previous 160-some books, that's all. :}
For one thing, Wizards staffers, designers, and fellow Realms authors ask about stuff all the time for other projects, and Ed likes to be able to help them in a timely manner, not months or years later.
love,
THO

Edited by - The Hooded One on 15 Jun 2009 23:20:56
Go to Top of Page

Baleful Avatar
Learned Scribe

Canada
161 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2009 :  23:37:22  Show Profile  Visit Baleful Avatar's Homepage Send Baleful Avatar a Private Message
If I'm prying too much, please just say so, but I am curious: if I somehow (I wish!) ever got to visit Ed and see his office, are there any "cool" sights?
Suits of armor, trophies, model snakes or stuffed dragons or some such? Or is it all books, books, and more books? (Oops: and, of course, games, games, and more games.)
Thanks in advance. Again, quite all right if Ed doesn't want to say.
Go to Top of Page

Blueblade
Senior Scribe

USA
804 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2009 :  23:47:29  Show Profile  Visit Blueblade's Homepage Send Blueblade a Private Message
Dear Ed and THO,
BA's question spurs me to ask a somewhat related one: if I somehow magically dropped by Ed's house some night when he had leisure time(if that ever happens!) and he has family or friends over who aren't gamers, and they want to play a game (not FRP, but a board game or card game of some sort), what does Ed most often drag out? Or is likely to suggest?
Thanks!
BB
Go to Top of Page

Broken Helm
Learned Scribe

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2009 :  23:54:16  Show Profile  Visit Broken Helm's Homepage Send Broken Helm a Private Message
I'm guessing the best time to see sights in Ed's office is when THO is visiting him, and perches in it somewhere. :}
Ahem.
Dearest Lady THO and Long-Suffering Ed,
I have yet another Cormyr question (sorry, but I just love the place, and play for us rarely goes anywhere else). My question is this: how many Cormyrean noble families have gates/portals hidden on their estates, either of their own deivising or inherited or that they don't even know about?
(I will scream - - but understand - - if you answer something like: "Lots.")
Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2009 :  23:55:18  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Okay:

Lots.

love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Broken Helm
Learned Scribe

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2009 :  23:57:13  Show Profile  Visit Broken Helm's Homepage Send Broken Helm a Private Message
Awwww! Lady, tease me not!!!
Oh. Wait.
Teasing is what you DO, isn't it?

Sigh.
Go to Top of Page

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2009 :  00:16:00  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message
Thank you very much, Milady! It was nice to see Maglor mentioned in 'Swords of Eveningstar', but I wonder if the Knights ever met (and killed?) his son, Maethlin?

"What am I doing today? Ask me tomorrow - I can be sure of giving you the right answer then."
-- Askarran of Selgaunt, Master Sage, speaking to a curious merchant, Year of the Helm
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2009 :  01:09:46  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

. . . And, as promised, here's what Ed has to say about another of The Sage's musical queries from THE SWORD NEVER SLEEPS:
Fantastic! [Uttered with the same emphasis as the voice-over from the 60's Fantastic Four cartoon]

This is the Realmslore that I truly love. It illustrates the vast foundation of lore that serves as the established basis for everything that Ed writes in and about the Realms. I can't wait to drop this into the next tavern-jaunt my players attempt.

Thank you Ed. And to you as well my lovely Lady.

Oh, and before I forget, my Lady, any chance Ed has a date for when that ditty was first written/heard?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2009 :  02:37:51  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message
I've got another query for Ed. It's about as obscure as most of mine, but that's part of the fun.

Are there alpaca in the Realms, besides Maztica? I'm thinking of making a new Burgher of Harrowdale (replacing Mulmaster's spy who's been unmasked and executed) a very wealthy sheep farmer, and that part of his secret is that he's imported alpaca and sprinkled them liberally through his sheep herds. IRL, alpaca put in with sheep will "adopt" the sheep and protect them from preying dogs, wolves, etc. I've always sort of pitied the poor dog, out carousing at night looking to tear out the throats of some sheep for entertainment, only to be confronted with a stomach-acid spitting, forked-hoof swinging, mean-tempered, protective alpaca instead.

So if I wanted to make this happen, and didn't want them to come from Maztica, is it possible? Are alpaca raised anywhere else by anyone else (human or demihuman)?

As always, thanks, Ed.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2009 :  03:36:53  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Baleful Avatar

If I'm prying too much, please just say so, but I am curious: if I somehow (I wish!) ever got to visit Ed and see his office, are there any "cool" sights?
Suits of armor, trophies, model snakes or stuffed dragons or some such? Or is it all books, books, and more books? (Oops: and, of course, games, games, and more games.)
Thanks in advance. Again, quite all right if Ed doesn't want to say.

In the old "Wizards Three" articles, he was often hiding in armor, watching the whole thing.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Foxhelm
Senior Scribe

Canada
592 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2009 :  03:58:11  Show Profile Send Foxhelm a Private Message
Wish there were more Wizard Three stories. Curious if Eberron would have come up. Also would have laughed my butt off if the great Wizards took a moment to play one of the editions of D&D. Wonder what classes they would be and what races?

Ed Greenwood! The Solution... and Cause of all the Realms Problems!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2009 :  05:00:04  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Hoondatha

Are there alpaca in the Realms, besides Maztica?
Actually, Ed's tackled this one before, back in '07:-

"And to AlorinDawn’s query: “Ed & THO, Greetings. I was just wondering which herd beast is more commonly kept in the Realms for meat. The standard cow or Rothe? In addition where in the Realms are Alpaca and or Lammas commonly kept? Thanks”

Ed now makes reply:

The most popular “meat” animals (as opposed to pigeons, grouse, wild turkeys, chickens, and other meat birds, which are wing-clipped and reared in large penned-in flocks in many places) in Faerûn are, in descending order of popularity:

1. sheep
2. goats
3. rothé in the North, but cows south of the northern border of Amn, and including Cormyr, the Dales, Sembia and the Vast (and south of those places). Alpaca- and llama-like creatures are kept in northern Rashemen and points east of there, plus sprinklings all over cold, mountainous regions throughout the Realms.
4. hogs and boar.

The popularity of sheep and goats is due to their relative hardiness, small and manageable size (it’s easier to lift them out of chasms, carry injured ones, shut them inside a structure with a human family of nights when wolves or other predators are prowling, and so on), and ability to forage on rougher terrain than cows (goats in particular will eat almost anything; like hogs, they can be used as a garbage disposal).

So saith Ed, wise sage of Realms agriculture.

love to all,
THO"

Go to Top of Page

GoCeraf
Learned Scribe

147 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2009 :  05:22:16  Show Profile  Visit GoCeraf's Homepage Send GoCeraf a Private Message
::Peers around, blinking at the daylight::

Kay-oh, well, I've been gone for a while.

THO, if you would be so kind, I'm once again in the realm of... um... being around, so if my questions could be taken off hiatus, I'd appreciate it.

All the best.

Being sarcastic can be more telling than simply telling.
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2009 :  15:59:25  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Duly noted, GoCeraf, and welcome back!

Foxhelm, Ed teasingly planned just such a scene, but it got nixed by a nervous DRAGON editor because of possible trouble from higher-ups if the wizards said anything at all that could be construed as negative about the game - - and you KNOW they would have, just because of their characters.

Sage, I'm thinking DARK TIME would have been composed about three years before the date of Chapter 17, but of course Ed will give a proper answer for you.

Hoondatha, mules or donkeys are most often put in with herds of other grazing beasts, to protect them against coyotes, wolves, wild dogs, etc. Alpacas tend to find the Dales humid and overheated, insect-infested agony in summer. My notes (drawn of course from Ed's utterances, during play) tell me that alpacas WERE kept in some of the "enclosures" in the Citadel of the Raven, as meat beasts, though. Torm briefly hid amongst them once to avoid being discovered, and had some uncomplimentary remarks to make, afterwards, about their dung.

More Realmslore later. Don't know when; busy day for Ed today!

love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2009 :  16:04:24  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message
quote:
My notes (drawn of course from Ed's utterances, during play) tell me that alpacas WERE kept in some of the "enclosures" in the Citadel of the Raven, as meat beasts, though. Torm briefly hid amongst them once to avoid being discovered, and had some uncomplimentary remarks to make, afterwards, about their dung.
He's only upset because it resulted in an improvement to his complexion.

Poor bugger.
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2009 :  16:05:21  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Oh, I almost forgot.
Yes, we Knights have met Maethlin, both as a youth and later on. No, we didn't kill him.
We don't kill EVERYONE we meet in the Realms, you know . . . just most of them.
love,
THO

Edit: Garen, you slay me! LOL! You know Torm all too well!

Edited by - The Hooded One on 16 Jun 2009 16:08:06
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2009 :  16:37:29  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
quote:

Hoondatha, mules or donkeys are most often put in with herds of other grazing beasts, to protect them against coyotes, wolves, wild dogs, etc. Alpacas tend to find the Dales humid and overheated, insect-infested agony in summer. My notes (drawn of course from Ed's utterances, during play) tell me that alpacas WERE kept in some of the "enclosures" in the Citadel of the Raven, as meat beasts, though. Torm briefly hid amongst them once to avoid being discovered, and had some uncomplimentary remarks to make, afterwards, about their dung.
Any Pushmepullyou's?

Which makes me wonder about 'two-headed' varieties of natural beasts in the Realms, and their commoness (or lack there-of). I would think that both the ToT's Wild Magic Zones and the new 'Plaguedlands' would produce such oddities.

And this train of thought now has me thinking about a 'Dr. Doolittle' type character in the Realms - I suppose a Druid mght qualify... perhaps an urban druid who specializes in domestioc animals? Any such notables that Ed cares to share? I would think that in a world so full of magic, a person who could "talk to the animals" would almost be a little passé.

quote:

It's because he's, as I've said before, about as busy as the leader of any large country you care to name, or the CEO of a LARGE corporation, but has no staff at all.
So he plays golf all the time while running everything into the ground around him?

Is Ed seeking a Bailout, by any chance?

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 17 Jun 2009 07:46:07
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2009 :  17:43:24  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:

Sage, I'm thinking DARK TIME would have been composed about three years before the date of Chapter 17, but of course Ed will give a proper answer for you.
Ah, good. I'll wait for Ed's reply then, before I assign the date to the entry in my reference file.

Go to Top of Page

Foxhelm
Senior Scribe

Canada
592 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2009 :  18:05:25  Show Profile Send Foxhelm a Private Message
quote:

Duly noted, GoCeraf, and welcome back!

Foxhelm, Ed teasingly planned just such a scene, but it got nixed by a nervous DRAGON editor because of possible trouble from higher-ups if the wizards said anything at all that could be construed as negative about the game - - and you KNOW they would have, just because of their characters.

Of course another interesting scene would have been if they saw the last issue of Dragon pgs 84-87 by Cam Banks, a little Article with commentary by a Ms. Weis and Mr. Greenwood which involves a Mr. Mordenkainen arranging a fight between a Mr. Elminster and a Mr. Raistlin.

Certainly would be an interesting conversation between the Wizards Three/Four about "Elminster Vs. Raistlin".

Care to comment?

Ed Greenwood! The Solution... and Cause of all the Realms Problems!
Go to Top of Page

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2009 :  21:05:35  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message
quote:

Oh, I almost forgot.
Yes, we Knights have met Maethlin, both as a youth and later on. No, we didn't kill him.
We don't kill EVERYONE we meet in the Realms, you know . . . just most of them.
love,
THO

Ah, I certainly don't think so... But if I remember correctly, the Eveningstar module hints at Maethlin (statted as a NE 5th level thief) seeking vengeance for his father's death (I may be incorrect about this, and it may just be my own motive for involving him in the campaign years and years ago), so I thought Maethlin might have tried to avenge his father on the Knights.

Milady, can you share any stories or details about Maglor (and his son) beyond those revealed in 'Swords of Eveningstar'?

"What am I doing today? Ask me tomorrow - I can be sure of giving you the right answer then."
-- Askarran of Selgaunt, Master Sage, speaking to a curious merchant, Year of the Helm
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2009 :  18:21:43  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all.
Markustay, Ed replies:

Heh. I cannot play golf. "A good walk spoiled," as they say. When I look at a beautiful golf course, I think the same thing THO does: "There are much, much better things I could be doing in or on this lovely landscape rather than bashing a tiny ball around it with an overly-expensive array of clubs. Hmm, perhaps not with a large gallery watching. Mass audience participation can be crushing."

As for a bailout: if it's a gift, sure, I need about 4 million. If it's a loan, no, I'll struggle along. Or you could give me 100 billion and I'd set up proper, civilized health care for all Americans. (If Barack wants me, he knows where to find me.)

So saith Ed. Hmmm. With 100 billion, I could do a LOT of things. And I guarantee I could do all of them better than either Wall Street or a large automaker, but perhaps that's enough of real-world politics. Sometimes, things ARE simpler in the Realms.
love to all,
THO

Edit: Fixed some of Ed's typos. He was at the library, using one of their decaying keyboards balanced atop stacks of books. And was utterly sober, he added firmly. In such a mournful tone that I'm compelled to believe him.
love,
THO

Edited by - The Hooded One on 18 Jun 2009 03:23:34
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2009 :  18:47:50  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message
Thanks Sage and THO, for the alpaca info. I'm in the DC area and a friend has alpaca, so I didn't think the Dales would be too hot for them. On the other hand, my friend shears his alpaca each spring, so maybe that has something to do with it.

On a related note, I only have the compiled Ed responses up to 2006. Have 2007 and/or 2008 been transferred to pdf?

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2009 :  18:57:27  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
Funny we went to Golf Courses (which I'm sure you realize was a joke - I wouldn't want to be compared to a corporate Chairman...).

Over at the WotC forums we were just discussing how cemetaries are a major waste of Real Estate (you have to be from crowded NY to appreciate this), and I decided that they should be combined with Golf Courses - the other major waste of Real Estate.

Not very respectful, perhaps... but it would at least make the game a lot more interesting.

And so that I'm not wasting anyone's time here with my semi-incoherent ramblings, I just wanted to give Ed a 'wee reminder' - I had asked about a name for that very small range of mountains just NW of the Citadel of the Raven (not the long chain north of that - I already found an official name for that one). While I am at it, I need a name for the small chain of mountains east of The Misty Vale of the Grugach. The 3e maps have it as The Wormbones, but that is incorrect (the Wormbones are further north, and were left-off the 3e maps). I had it as The Cauldron on an earlier edition map of mine, but that was a bit of fudging on my part (the Cauldron are actually the hills at the end of the Wormbone chain, as you well know).

Another bit of strangeness - we now have two ranges named Sunrise Mountains. I couldn't find an older name for the chain that acts as Thay's eastern border, and the 3e map uses the name of that FAR northen chain (above Ghaethluntar). However, I found an alternate for the northern chain in The Great Glacier, so no big deal. I suppose my question then - just out of curiousity - would be if you originally had some other name for that Thayan range.

Thank you in advance for any geographic help you can provide.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 17 Jun 2009 19:00:47
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2009 :  20:36:39  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all.
Markustay, the alternate (local) name for the Sunrise Mountains (which is the Aglarondan and hence Inner Sea name for them) is the Thaedanth Range, or Thaedanths. Yes, the "Thae" is pronounced like "Thay." Sounded confusing to someone at TSR, so it was dropped.

Re. cemeteries: not a waste of green space when you're looking to stop urban developers from paving every inch of green space, though. Provides air scrubbing from the trees and slows runoff and cools the microclimate and so on. Yet making them multi-use (parkland with burials), YES.

love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2009 :  20:37:41  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Oh, forgot to add: yes, Ed will get back to you on your earlier mountain range name query. He has a library board meeting to chair tonight but I'll prod him.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Teneck
Learned Scribe

USA
133 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2009 :  20:55:50  Show Profile  Visit Teneck's Homepage Send Teneck a Private Message
I asked this on another thread but I think it isn't visited much.

Is there any official Name/use/cannon for the blank continents on the map in the FR campaign book? The pull out map is fantastic but there is just the one WORLD map in the book, it shows 2 or 3 empty unnamed continents.

"Go ahead...Sleep in the church...the vampires can't get ya in the church" Any DM...any time.

"He's like a trained ape...without the training"
Simon after Jane trashed the Med lab
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2009 :  23:24:04  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
This may help - There are some unoffical names floating around for some of the other stuff, but I tried to keep this one as official as possible.

Note: 'Tabaxiland?' is stated thusly because a "large island" is noted as the homeland of the Tabaxi in RoF, which could be an error, and that certainly wouldn't be it's name regardless. There is one other non-canon name there, but I feel ever setting needs one of those.

quote:

Hi again, all.
Markustay, the alternate (local) name for the Sunrise Mountains (which is the Aglarondan and hence Inner Sea name for them) is the Thaedanth Range, or Thaedanths. Yes, the "Thae" is pronounced like "Thay."
Thanks for that...

... and while I have his ear, there is another I just re-placed in the last hour - a small range in Thazalhar, just north of Sultim and west of Ganathwood. It is probably just a southern spur of the Sunrise (Thaedanth) Range, but it is far enough away from them to warrant it's own identifier.

Hmmmmm... you know... I should just call THAT Thaedanth!

Go to Top of Page

Teneck
Learned Scribe

USA
133 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2009 :  23:34:33  Show Profile  Visit Teneck's Homepage Send Teneck a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

This may help - There are some unoffical names floating around for some of the other stuff, but I tried to keep this one as official as possible.

Note: 'Tabaxiland?' is stated thusly because a "large island" is noted as the homeland of the Tabaxi in RoF, which could be an error, and that certainly wouldn't be it's name regardless. There is one other non-canon name there, but I feel ever setting needs one of those.

Let me guess...The Land of the Flying Monkeys...that's the non-cannon...right??? *crosses fingers*

If not...I will HAVE to send my victims(a.k.a. players) down for a wee visit in the land of the airborne poo flingers...should be a hoot.

Thank you

"Go ahead...Sleep in the church...the vampires can't get ya in the church" Any DM...any time.

"He's like a trained ape...without the training"
Simon after Jane trashed the Med lab
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 103 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000