Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 MarkusTay Faerun Map?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Razz
Senior Scribe

USA
749 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2008 :  21:32:46  Show Profile Send Razz a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
First, I'd like to applaud MarkusTay for his awesome work on the maps for Faerun and Beyond.

As I am sure you're quite busy with the mapmaking, I was wondering if you happened to have a map of Faerun itself connected together through your own maps of Faerun lands? Obviously your maps are a WIP, but I was wondering if you had something like that currently as a rough draft of sort?

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2008 :  21:12:07  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks: All of my maps are part of a larger one - I don't need to 'paste together' anything.

I started out with a rotated (9.2ŗ) version of the official map of Faerūn available for free download off of the WotC site, and then built everything off of that. It started out with a simple a goal as putting back some of the 1e/2e loacales on the 3e map, and grew from there.

I only recently started doing smaller parts individually, because the number of layers was making the project unmanagable. When I complete a part, I 'flatten' it and paste it back into the larger continental map.

I have parts of a world map started as well, but each continent is being done individually - considering the main continent Map is 8' high and 15' across, adding the rest of the world to that would be too much, file-wise. If it's ever all done (which I doubt, now), I'll shrink each piece down so I can assemble a world map.

I actually began an 'old historic' version of the world map from the FRCS, a slice of which I was hoping to be made into a cover for the 'Beyond the Realms' edition of the CK Compendium, but that was cancelled, so I stopped the project about 3/4 of the way finished.

I should complete that just for posterity.

I have been tinkering with the Hordelands Map lately, and I really should send the newer version off to Alaundo. Every time I think to do that, though, I tinker with it some more (I've found a few more canon locales to add recently).

Maybe later today, if I get to it... I'm working on my own pet-project ATM.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 29 Dec 2008 21:14:51
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2008 :  02:36:35  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Don't forget The Realms Vault. Alediran was complaining to me a while back.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Razz
Senior Scribe

USA
749 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2008 :  17:07:57  Show Profile Send Razz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cool, nice work! I can't wait to see a whole world map, but seeing as how that would be awhile I am eagerly awaiting for your Kara-Tur project to finish.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000