Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Eastern/Southern Campaigns
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2008 :  12:43:54  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-I was close.

-Explanations are easily possible, the most basic of them being that the individuals Spelljamming who were aware to some degree of Maztica saw it as a "wasteland", with nothing they believed to be worth the bother of landing, exploring, colonizing, etc.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

rjfras
Learned Scribe

261 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2008 :  15:47:33  Show Profile  Visit rjfras's Homepage Send rjfras a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm currently running my group through the Shining South. I told them before we started that I was going to do a new area rather then the Cormyr/Daleland/Waterdeep/Sword Coast area that the last campaign I ran was in, as well as the campaign another guy in the same group DM'd that I played in before that.

They started in Tashalar/Lapalyiia and have been across half the Sharr and are now currently in Luiren. They will soon be in the Black Jungle and back in Lapalyiia. I clued them in as they were passing through before of a few things that were going on or just rumors of some ruins and such, so they have a few options of what they want to do or they could head back to Calimshan/Tethyr, where all but one of them was born, where things are also happening as they have heard through rumors and news.
Go to Top of Page

see
Learned Scribe

235 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2008 :  20:50:30  Show Profile Send see a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dagnirion

-Explanations are easily possible, the most basic of them being that the individuals Spelljamming who were aware to some degree of Maztica saw it as a "wasteland", with nothing they believed to be worth the bother of landing, exploring, colonizing, etc.

Maztica has cities and agriculture, which can be seen from a distance and prove the presence of inhabitants. Inhabitants are potential slaves, and both the mind flayers and neogi are slavers, as are human groups such as the Chainmen.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2008 :  20:55:56  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by see

Maztica has cities and agriculture, which can be seen from a distance and prove the presence of inhabitants. Inhabitants are potential slaves, and both the mind flayers and neogi are slavers, as are human groups such as the Chainmen.

-Which doesn't necessarily make Maztica worth the bother. If it's too much of a hastle, traders are certainly going to pass, and slavers and other individuals involved in such "dubious" professions might as well. Concerning slavers, it simply may also be a case of "untapped potential". A slave ring has a source of "resources" here, so they're not going to tap into a new source until their old source runs out. Again, theories as to explains the 'whys'.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium

Edited by - Lord Karsus on 22 Dec 2008 20:56:19
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2008 :  22:46:11  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Or the Spelljammer races could have a long standing prophecy that any ship landing in Maztica may end up "Being destroyed in a great cataclysm..." Of course, everyone else would have liked to know about that particular Abeirattion too! LOL

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000