Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Nation of Ixinos
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Shadrach
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2010 :  09:04:18  Show Profile  Visit Shadrach's Homepage Send Shadrach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Dalor Darden!

I've been lurking this topic for the last couple years now, its great to see you were able to finish your grand project. I am also very interested in receiving a copy, if you are willing.

My email is matt_baribeau@hotmail.com

I'm looking forward to seeing it!
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2010 :  17:53:22  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hosting the file on my Google Docs account. I will take it down if Dalor Darden asks me to, but I thought that this would be easier than having him have to email it to everyone.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)

Edited by - Hawkins on 23 Jul 2010 17:54:50
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2010 :  18:16:43  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No! That is great Hawkins!

Man...I really need to "get with the times" and learn more about what I can actually do on this computer.

Thanks for hosting it Hawkins...let me know if you take it down; and I'll find another way to get it out there.

And again, thanks!

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2010 :  18:17:33  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any feedback would be welcome as well...if there is anything particularly that contradicts Canon.

Thanks again.

Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2010 :  17:22:36  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shadrach

Congratulations Dalor Darden!

I've been lurking this topic for the last couple years now, its great to see you were able to finish your grand project. I am also very interested in receiving a copy, if you are willing.

My email is matt_baribeau@hotmail.com

I'm looking forward to seeing it!

Hope you got a copy Shadrach!

Go to Top of Page

Asharak
Learned Scribe

France
268 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2010 :  20:41:24  Show Profile Send Asharak a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would like a copy as well, please, to asharak@free.fr

"Soyez réalistes : demandez l'impossible"

Sorry for my English... it's not my native tongue.
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 26 Jul 2010 :  21:40:49  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Asharak

You can download it instead of having to have Dalor Darden email it to you. =) He told me that he is okay with me hosting it for him.
quote:
Originally posted by HawkinstheDM

Hosting the file on my Google Docs account.

Edit: One really weird sentence.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)

Edited by - Hawkins on 27 Jul 2010 15:36:43
Go to Top of Page

Asharak
Learned Scribe

France
268 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2010 :  10:32:23  Show Profile Send Asharak a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Asharak

You can download it instead of having to have Dalor Darden email it to you. =) He told me that he is okay we me hosting it for him.
quote:

Hosting the file on my Google Docs account.

Thank you very much...

"Soyez réalistes : demandez l'impossible"

Sorry for my English... it's not my native tongue.
Go to Top of Page

Wenin
Senior Scribe

585 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2010 :  18:12:55  Show Profile Send Wenin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dalor Darden

Any feedback would be welcome as well...if there is anything particularly that contradicts Canon.

Thanks again.

I only have an issue with the excessive margins in the published pdf itself.

I've been looking at Foxit Reader to see if I could trim the white space, but no luck so far.

Session Reports posted at RPG Geek.
Stem the Tide Takes place in Mistledale.
Dark Curtains - Takes place in the Savage North, starting in Nesmé. I wrapped my campaign into the Hoard of the Dragon Queen, but it takes place in 1372 DR.
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2010 :  22:32:12  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, as I noted to Sage, I can "make it pretty" but I'm only providing information. Its something free after all...kind of like coming here to Candlekeep and reading all the scrolls...

Go to Top of Page

Wenin
Senior Scribe

585 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2010 :  03:30:36  Show Profile Send Wenin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I'm willing to try and pretty it up if you like. If you could send me the original Word Doc you made the PDF from. I'll see what I can do.

If you're interested, send me a PM and we can exchange email addresses.

Session Reports posted at RPG Geek.
Stem the Tide Takes place in Mistledale.
Dark Curtains - Takes place in the Savage North, starting in Nesmé. I wrapped my campaign into the Hoard of the Dragon Queen, but it takes place in 1372 DR.
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2010 :  03:35:12  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Will do...right now!

EDIT:

Never heard back from Wenin...anyone else interested in the document?

Edited by - Dalor Darden on 20 May 2012 02:04:02
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2012 :  04:50:06  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just realized I never got a new copy (the old one went bye-bye with everything else). You can send one off to me.

Thanks - Mark

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2012 :  14:27:31  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

I just realized I never got a new copy (the old one went bye-bye with everything else). You can send one off to me.

Thanks - Mark

I put the link in the first post.

Go to Top of Page

Xal Valzar
Learned Scribe

Argentina
214 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2014 :  22:06:39  Show Profile Send Xal Valzar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
it just accord to me that the easiest way to defeat them is to find a way to inspire a male uprising, inspire a crusade agianst all the males, convince most of the males to leave, or sterilize the population somehow. How did pirates not think of that approach?

Knowledge is Power
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2014 :  01:18:31  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Xal Valzar

it just accord to me that the easiest way to defeat them is to find a way to inspire a male uprising, inspire a crusade agianst all the males, convince most of the males to leave, or sterilize the population somehow. How did pirates not think of that approach?

The same reason nobody did it for females in a male dominated society. If you would like, you can ask Ed and others; they created the She-Wolves and Ixinos.

Go to Top of Page

Xal Valzar
Learned Scribe

Argentina
214 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2014 :  03:19:08  Show Profile Send Xal Valzar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yeah but males are naturally dominant, i mean u cant really have a women raping a man (without some medical intervention). i mean males just saying "the hell with this" should come naturally. ehhhh

Knowledge is Power
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2014 :  03:53:18  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

yeah but males are naturally dominant, i mean u cant really have a women raping a man (without some medical intervention). i mean males just saying "the hell with this" should come naturally. ehhhh

Males are naturally dominant eh? I'd have to dispute that at almost every single point.

As a husband and father, I'd have to say I've NEVER felt dominant in my life! lol

As for the Forgotten Realms, it surely isn't so! Some of the greatest powers in the Forgotten Realms are female.

Go to Top of Page

Xal Valzar
Learned Scribe

Argentina
214 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2014 :  04:41:11  Show Profile Send Xal Valzar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
well how many female dominant societies can you name in real life?

Knowledge is Power
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2014 :  05:01:16  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I usually don't talk real world all that much; but you asked:

Elamites, Sitones, Mosuo, Vietnam prior to Chinese intervention, Padaungs, Kayaw, Hopi, Haudenosaunee, ancient Crete, early Brittonic society, and more...most Matriarchal societies in the world were only forced out via the intervention of militant male dominated societies. These cultural societies were usually due to the Christian West (with early pushes by the Christian dominated Roman and then Frankish Empires alongside the male dominated Islamic Caliphate).

My favorite quote from Ancient Greece is actually from Gorgo, Queen of Sparta, who responded to a question from a woman in Attica along the lines of, "why Spartan women were the only women in the world who could rule men?" Gorgo replied, "because we are the only women who are mothers of men".

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2014 :  14:26:50  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've only just learned - from reading through Ed's old threads - that there is a group of 'amazons' in the King's Forest.

Not 'real' Amazons - just a 'tribe' of warrior-women who have a chip on their shoulder.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 06 Nov 2014 14:49:08
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2014 :  21:03:38  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dalor Darden

quote:

I usually don't talk real world all that much; but you asked:

Elamites, Sitones, Mosuo, Vietnam prior to Chinese intervention, Padaungs, Kayaw, Hopi, Haudenosaunee, ancient Crete, early Brittonic society, and more...most Matriarchal societies in the world were only forced out via the intervention of militant male dominated societies. These cultural societies were usually due to the Christian West (with early pushes by the Christian dominated Roman and then Frankish Empires alongside the male dominated Islamic Caliphate).

My favorite quote from Ancient Greece is actually from Gorgo, Queen of Sparta, who responded to a question from a woman in Attica along the lines of, "why Spartan women were the only women in the world who could rule men?" Gorgo replied, "because we are the only women who are mothers of men".

Man I love ancient Sparta. Defiant to the last. While reading a bit about it on Wikipedia I came across this factoid:

- Even during its decline, Sparta never forgot its claim to be the "defender of Hellenism" and its Laconic wit. An anecdote has it that when Philip II sent a message to Sparta saying "If I enter Laconia, I will raze Sparta", the Spartans responded with the single, terse reply:"if"

that's hilarious.

Edited by - Diffan on 06 Nov 2014 21:04:23
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2019 :  23:34:14  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Edited first post is why this is showing up as "new post"

But yes, the Spartans kicked more ass in their time than almost anyone in history per individual ass kicker.

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2019 :  05:19:08  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They were badass, but few in number and more concerned about preventing slave revolts than fighting other Greek city-states and the Persians - at least at first.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2442 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2019 :  07:43:57  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Didn't the Spartans claimed to be Heraclidae? I remember reading somewhere that Leonidas I (the one that became famous thanks to 300) claimed to be a descendant of Heracles. I guess that explains why they were depicted as so baddass.

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2019 :  11:19:27  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diffan

Man I love ancient Sparta. Defiant to the last. While reading a bit about it on Wikipedia I came across this factoid:

- Even during its decline, Sparta never forgot its claim to be the "defender of Hellenism" and its Laconic wit. An anecdote has it that when Philip II sent a message to Sparta saying "If I enter Laconia, I will raze Sparta", the Spartans responded with the single, terse reply:"if"

that's hilarious.

That is THE perfect reply.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2019 :  11:20:06  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

that's hilarious.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Delnyn
Senior Scribe

USA
889 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2019 :  00:20:33  Show Profile Send Delnyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

quote:

that's hilarious.

Once the Persian emperor threated to send so many archers to Sparta their arrows would blot out the sun. The reply was "We can fight in the shade."
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2019 :  14:54:42  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As for Ixinos, I plan to eventually take a second (third?) look at this project, and update the map in my newer style (and reduce the size to better fit with canon). I'd also like to expand upon the material - more of a 'Heroines of the Realms' style book, with other groups mentioned (there are at least two other small groups of 'amazons' in canon). I truly believe the Forgotten Realms was once a great place for good strong female characters, not wishy-washy Mary-Sues. I feel the current political climate is being disingenuous, and I'd like to take a crack at a more realistic - and flattering - approach to such characters.

quote:
Originally posted by Delnyn

Once the Persian emperor threated to send so many archers to Sparta their arrows would blot out the sun. The reply was "We can fight in the shade."
Historians often took this as allegory, and then about 20 years ago or so they discovered the site of an ancient battle, wherein there was a layer of arrows several feet deep... one that could have easily 'blotted out the sun'.

Not everything in legend is a myth.

Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2019 :  15:56:30  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Ixinosan women follow the Spartan training ways with Amazonian feel added in...essentially I re-skinned Spartans.

At a maximum muster of about 6,000 to 9,000 warriors; they are pretty damned dangerous if messed with.

Edited by - Dalor Darden on 20 Mar 2019 15:57:22
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000