Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Would you buy a novel series set in the Crown Wars
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2008 :  18:49:45  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

I would buy ANY FR novel/series set before 1386 DR.

So check out The Stowaway.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2008 :  21:18:57  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Is it any good?

BRIMSTONE

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2008 :  01:54:05  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

-Is it any good?

Yeah, it's pretty good, and it's pre-Spellplague.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

MerrikCale
Senior Scribe

USA
947 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2008 :  03:56:11  Show Profile  Visit MerrikCale's Homepage Send MerrikCale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm in

When hinges creak in doorless chambers and strange and frightening sounds echo through the halls, whenever candlelights flicker where the air is deathly still, that is the time when ghosts are present, practicing their terror with ghoulish delight.
Go to Top of Page

Aulduron
Learned Scribe

USA
343 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2008 :  19:07:11  Show Profile Send Aulduron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've been pushing for such a book. Elaine said, in a different thread, that she'd love to write it, but doesn't see it happening. I don't buy hardcovers, unless I'm getting it signed, and I never read my signed books.

Only some of the dark elves were innocent (Miyeritar). According to Evermeet, and other lore, the Ilythiiri were worshipping Gaunadaur and warring with their neighbors, before the Crown Wars.

"Those with talent become wizards, Those without talent spend their lives praying for it"

-Procopio Septus
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3736 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2008 :  19:11:59  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aulduron

According to Evermeet, and other lore, the Ilythiiri were worshipping Gaunadaur and warring with their neighbors, before the Crown Wars.

-As far back as -25,100 DR, the Dark Elves of Atorrnash were worshiping both Vhaeraun (the "plebeians", if you will) and Ghaunadaur (the "patricians", if you will).

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Aulduron
Learned Scribe

USA
343 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2008 :  20:11:18  Show Profile Send Aulduron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is why we need a series of books about that time.

"Those with talent become wizards, Those without talent spend their lives praying for it"

-Procopio Septus
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000