Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Brian Cortijo
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2012 :  00:26:36  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Eilserus

Hi Garen,

And what happened with the Haunted Halls of Eveningstar being sealed by crown order? In the old grey box campaign guide there was a bit about a sage of Cormyr who discovered why the dwarves disappeared from those halls. I don't recall ever finding anything else about it or any follow up being done on this place other than the 2E adventure Haunted Halls of Eveningstar. I always liked that dungeon

Eric L Boyd posted this originally to the Realms mailing list a few years ago. I will follow up with a post from George Krashos next

Cheers

Damian

Mellomir discovered a spell scroll for controlling deepspawn (essentially for
anchoring them to a spot, and commanding them who NOT to attack---i.e. the
caster and friends--not a means of riding them or anything of the sort), plus
some deepspawn that the spell had been used on, plus some other magic, plus
the gate the deepspawn were guarding.
Everything (deepspawn, too, in War Wizard-guarded covered wagons) was taken
to High Horn because the War Wizards wanted to detain Mellomir and question
him closely about what he knew or had learned that he might NOT have told
them about (nothing as it happened; he's a good and honest man), and do so
out of the public eye, in a fortress entirely controlled by the
Crown---whereas doing everything in oft-rebellious Arabel is doing it in
front of literally dozens of spies (for the Zhents, the Cult of the Dragon,
Hillsfar, many Sembian merchant cabals, several Dales, etc.).
In the 'home' Realms campaign, Mellomir was given a knighthood with some coin
and land to buy his silence about this matter, and allowed to go free with
the spell (after the War Wizards had made their copies) and with one
deepspawn, which disgorged herd animals that he happily sold, and dined upon,
retiring to a cottage west of Sembia. When Vangerdahast sent certain mages to
question him later (in a friendly manner, and about other things) they found
him gone...but be aware that Mellomir maintains residences in Waterdeep,
Secomber, Neverwinter, and Sembia as well as Cormyr, and has been seen hale
and hearty since.

===

ERIC'S COMMENT

They above-mentioned gate is apparently within the Haunted Halls. Therefore
it is probably NOT part of the webwork of two-way gates mentioned in Volo's
Guide to Waterdeep, p. 149, in the discussion of the Old Monster Shop, one
terminus of which is said to connect with a ravine in the Stonelands north of
Cormyr near the Haunted Halls.

So saith Ed. I've never said he was sane, have I?
Gods, all this writing and he's running a constant fantasy version of Coronation Street in his head, too. .
shudder,
love to all,
THO
Candlekeep Forum 7 May 2005
Go to Top of Page

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2012 :  00:27:19  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Answer part II from George Krashos

Cheers

Damian

Originally Posted by George Krashos at candlekeep
Well here's the low down on the "spellplague" before it even was the "spellplague" from Ed himself. Given that the 100 year jump and the Abeir returning thingies are now in the public domain, this post isn't spoiling anything and I thought that the wider forum community might appreciate the insight.

There are actually THREE references, all of which will
really only be understandable "after the fact." One of
them is the "Smashed the black star" curiosity that
several scribes have been so fascinated by, and
another is a CYCLOPEDIA heading (yes, just the
heading). [Ed was referring to the "Abeir-Toril" heading]

The third, "main" reference is on page 40 of the DM'S
SOURCEBOOK, referring to Mellomir's claim of finding
an "ancient" and "magical" treasure in the vicinity of
the Haunted Halls. The dwarves vanishing over the
years were fleeing the Realms through gates (portals,
linking to other worlds / alternate Prime Material
Planes) that are not in the Haunted Halls, but can be
reached through the Halls (I think the maps I gave you
at GenCon included the "Whisper's Crypt" level, yes?).
The dwarves were departing to avoid the coming
Spellplague, and the monsters and adventurers
vanishing into and emerging from the Halls were also
using the gates.

The original text of this entry had Mellomir referring
to an unspecified "message of fire."

The original turnover of FR1 THE HAUNTED HALLS OF
EVENINGSTAR included a magical "message" formed by
flames dancing in midair that briefly appeared to
anyone entering the many-pillared room of Encounter
31, that said this: "A great storm of magic is coming,
that will twist or maim many. Beware the Black Star."
It was edited out because the TSR designers of the day
thought it too substantial to print without providing
something of an explanation (that there was no
wordcount left in the module to provide, and that
would open a can of worms they wanted to avoid). This
same message appears in front of the gates used the
dwarves, monsters, and adventurers, whenever they are
approached from the "Realms" side.

So there you have it. Too mangled and chopped-down for
anyone studying the Old Grey Box to recognize without
this explanation. Sorry. I DID warn everyone it would
be nigh-impossible to spot, beforehand.

By the way, there's something else in FR0 tied to
this: Sabirine's Specular. A Spell Engine provides a
tiny "shelter" from Spellplague effects around itself,
and Sabirine chose to die rather than embrace lichdom
because she didn't want to endure years of undeath
only to be swept away in the Spellplague, or twisted
and maimed and left in a world ravaged by the
Spellplague.

The Spellplague term isn't mine (I called it "the
Doom," or "the Coming of the Black Star" or "THE
Spellstorm"), and I always intended this to be a
mythical always-in-the-future bogey-tale.

There you have it.

-- George Krashos

Gods, all this writing and he's running a constant fantasy version of Coronation Street in his head, too. .
shudder,
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2012 :  01:54:06  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Do the drow of Sschindylryn have any trade connections, surface outposts, or activity in the lands of Cormyr?
The drow of Sschindylryn have some connections to Cormyr, but (given that the waterway connecting the King's Forest to Daerbraun includes a sheer drop) it's more of an import thing than direct trade. Agents of the drow city, by means of convoulted, many-staged trading, pay Cormyrean merchants--in particular, a few merchant and noble houses that know full well where their goods are going, and don't care, because the coin is very good--to trade items down into Sschindylryn.

In particular, Sschindylryn drow appreciate Cormyrean wines and ciders (because they can't grow the necessary fruits) and certain meats (deep rothé being tiresome after a while).
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2012 :  02:04:16  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
And what happened with the Haunted Halls of Eveningstar being sealed by crown order? In the old grey box campaign guide there was a bit about a sage of Cormyr who discovered why the dwarves disappeared from those halls. I don't recall ever finding anything else about it or any follow up being done on this place other than the 2E adventure Haunted Halls of Eveningstar. I always liked that dungeon, I just wish there was more information on it and of dwarves of the Storm Horns in general.
Crazedventurers' excellent research notwithstanding, the closure of the Haunted Halls wasn't related to the disappearance of the dwarves of the area, or the Zhentarim, or anything else. The Crown closed access to the Halls because there were reports that the Halls--all levels and known passages--were completely cleared by an adventuring company. That company then was killed (on an unrelated adventure), and at least a dozen different adventuring bands were killed in the mad dash to try and claim the Halls by some unknown and unnamed threat inside the Halls.

As for the what (or who), and whether that danger still lurks within the Haunted Halls, well, that's not for me to say just now.
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2012 :  02:50:13  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Garen Thal

quote:
Do the drow of Sschindylryn have any trade connections, surface outposts, or activity in the lands of Cormyr?
The drow of Sschindylryn have some connections to Cormyr, but (given that the waterway connecting the King's Forest to Daerbraun includes a sheer drop) it's more of an import thing than direct trade. Agents of the drow city, by means of convoulted, many-staged trading, pay Cormyrean merchants--in particular, a few merchant and noble houses that know full well where their goods are going, and don't care, because the coin is very good--to trade items down into Sschindylryn.

In particular, Sschindylryn drow appreciate Cormyrean wines and ciders (because they can't grow the necessary fruits) and certain meats (deep rothé being tiresome after a while).

Interesting. I'm getting the impression that sealed and drop resistant cargoes are dumped into Lake Thalmiir and somehow channeled down (natural current?) to the Daerbraun and probably fished out of the waters from there by the drow. An efficient way to import goods to the underdark, unless a large portion of it is smashed or lost in the process.
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2012 :  03:13:40  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Interesting. I'm getting the impression that sealed and drop resistant cargoes are dumped into Lake Thalmiir and somehow channeled down (natural current?) to the Daerbraun and probably fished out of the waters from there by the drow. An efficient way to import goods to the underdark, unless a large portion of it is smashed or lost in the process.
Indeed. There are other, less savory means of 'export' that are used. One involves the use of animal (and spy) carcasses, which are surprisingly bouyant and excellent for transporting small, very expensive items.
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2012 :  03:42:49  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was also curious about the ruins of Tilverton. Prior to its destruction, Tilver's Palace supposedly had beholders or spherical, many-eyed beings floating in its depths. Is there anything you can tell us about this ruin? Ed's recent Xraunrarr article and that previous snippet from Volo's Guide to Cormyr makes me think this dungeon might connect to the Realms Below. I was toying with creating an adventure where PC's come up from below into the Tilver's Palace dungeons and perhaps the sewers if there are any. The deluge of shadowstuff that sunk most the city seemed almost like a gaseous type disintegrate spell. Has it dissipated to actually explore the ruins or would players or creatures just melt into the shadowstuff?
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2012 :  23:41:46  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by crazedventurers

Answer part II from George Krashos

Cheers

Damian

Originally Posted by George Krashos at candlekeep
Well here's the low down on the "spellplague" before it even was the "spellplague" from Ed himself. Given that the 100 year jump and the Abeir returning thingies are now in the public domain, this post isn't spoiling anything and I thought that the wider forum community might appreciate the insight.

There are actually THREE references, all of which will
really only be understandable "after the fact." One of
them is the "Smashed the black star" curiosity that
several scribes have been so fascinated by, and
another is a CYCLOPEDIA heading (yes, just the
heading). [Ed was referring to the "Abeir-Toril" heading]

<chop>
-- George Krashos

So... what does the black star have to do with the Spellplague? That's what's been mystifying me ever since I saw the original post, back in the early days of 4E. It can't possibly refer to Cyric's "Black Sun" epithet, since the ToT hadn't yet happened, and Cyric didn't get smashed... I mean, he should have been run through by Kelemvor during the ToT, but that's my opinion. And further, what does Dove (Falconhand, I assume) have to do with it? She is the only one of the Seven whose fate is left COMPLETELY mysterious after the Spellplague, at least from the material I've read.

Edit: The whole bit about "Smashed the black star" has always been utterly mysterious and intriguing to me, and has never been explained to my satisfaction. Mind you, a lot of things meet those criteria... like those red pyramids in the ruins of Ascore from FR5, The Savage Frontier...

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.

Edited by - Jakk on 23 Jan 2012 04:08:13
Go to Top of Page

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2012 :  00:14:28  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To Clarify about the Black Star

These are all Ed's words:

The original turnover of FR1 THE HAUNTED HALLS OF
EVENINGSTAR included a magical "message" formed by
flames dancing in midair that briefly appeared to
anyone entering the many-pillared room of Encounter
31, that said this: "A great storm of magic is coming,
that will twist or maim many. Beware the Black Star."

(The piece above was cut from the 32 pg module due to lack of space)

The Spellplague term isn't mine (I called it "the
Doom," or "the Coming of the Black Star" or "THE
Spellstorm"), and I always intended this to be a
mythical always-in-the-future bogey-tale.

From the old grey box set, there was a piece of clack that said

Marchayn of Archendale, the feared 'Mad Witch' of the Thunder Peaks, has been found in her citadel, mindless and drooling, amidst chaos. All about her tower lay the dead bodies of the orcs (and worse) that served her,and much of her tower is now a fireblackened shell. The herdsman who found her reported to merchants of Arabel that Marchayn (who soon died and whose body was burned by the herdsman) repeated endlessly, Dove! Dove! Smashed the black star . . . Dove

This piece of clack and Ed's post above is the link that George mentions in his post

My thoughts below:

I suspect that Cyric's symbol is just a happy coincidence to this as his rise came a lot later (c.1989 or so) than what was written by Ed for his players when they started the Haunted Halls (c.1981 or so). Of course it is possible that the 2E Realms designers spoke to Ed at length about symbols for the new gods and that they knew about the 'Black Star prophecy' and decided to put it in for fun/just in case.

There was one more piece of clack from the OGBS that featured 'later' in the timeline than the Dove entry

The Nentyarch, ruler of vast lands east and north of Impiltur, has sent agents into the Realms, seeking black gems for some unknown magical or religious use.

Now this one is an interesting one for me

Hope that clears everything up?

Cheers

Damian

shudder,
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2012 :  04:05:22  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry, Damian... I've read all of that before, and none of it explains the last words of Marchayn to my satisfaction. Hopefully this isn't still under NDA... but knowing WotC, it probably is.

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2012 :  05:27:10  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jakk

Sorry, Damian... I've read all of that before, and none of it explains the last words of Marchayn to my satisfaction. Hopefully this isn't still under NDA... but knowing WotC, it probably is.

Jakk, please remember that not everything uttered in-character makes sense to anyone but the speaker--and that, in this case, the speaker was already reduced to something babbling and mad.

It could mean that Marchayn thought she had prevented this great, unknowable, future-calamity (which Ed intentionally never plotted out, just as he never gave stats to Larloch... some things are meant to be undecided for later), or that she was talking about something else entirely. Perhaps she was speaking to Dove Silverhand (/Falconhand), or some other Dove, or...

That is to say, not everything can be explained to your satisfaction, because some threads are meant to be open-ended, undefined nuggets for DMs and writers and designers and fiction authors to run with.

However,

if you're asking my opnion, I'd say the Coming of the Black Star could have been a half-prophecy of the coming of Cyric (who did, in fact, cause the Spellplague, by murdering Mystra). Marchayn thought she had delayed or denied this great danger, but (of course) failed. Whether she failed to properly understand what was coming, or simply did not succeed in her task, is a matter of conjecture.
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2012 :  07:41:28  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like your take on it, Brian... and yes, I'm aware that not everything is explained, whether the explanation is published or not... I'd just like explanations that do exist to get published a little faster... as I'm sure we all would. No, I won't mention that document, but those thirteen red pyramids in Ascore have been tickling my brain ever since I first read The Savage Frontier and, while I've come up with a few theories (all of which can be found somewhere in the scrolls here), I've never been happy with any of them. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to respond to that little post of mine.

Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2012 :  19:16:53  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, sir. I'm stuck in developing more adventure ideas
for Myth Drannor. Do you have anything you can share?
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2012 :  20:51:25  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by althen artren

Well, sir. I'm stuck in developing more adventure ideas for Myth Drannor. Do you have anything you can share?
Perhaps. What year are you hoping to venture there?
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2012 :  20:53:49  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I was also curious about the ruins of Tilverton. Prior to its destruction, Tilver's Palace supposedly had beholders or spherical, many-eyed beings floating in its depths. Is there anything you can tell us about this ruin? Ed's recent Xraunrarr article and that previous snippet from Volo's Guide to Cormyr makes me think this dungeon might connect to the Realms Below. I was toying with creating an adventure where PC's come up from below into the Tilver's Palace dungeons and perhaps the sewers if there are any. The deluge of shadowstuff that sunk most the city seemed almost like a gaseous type disintegrate spell. Has it dissipated to actually explore the ruins or would players or creatures just melt into the shadowstuff?
I'm going to beg off on the "what's happening now" question, in part because I don't want to step on the official answers.

As for the connection to the Underdark: it's certainly possible. Definitely, there are caverns beneath Tilverton, but whether they connect to the greater Underdark--and do so in a manner that allows for two-way travel--is a matter for individual DMs and campaigns to develop. At least, for now it is.
Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2012 :  21:56:31  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well the next time I will run will be around
1375-1376 and I don't know enough about stuff.
For example, what did the various elven clans
due for their revenue? Where were the mines in Cormanthor?
Where are the trade goods taken into Myth Drannor
coming from? Wait, break is over, I'll come back later.
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2012 :  00:24:07  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No worries. Thank you for all your responses, I appreciate it. :)
Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2012 :  21:18:16  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Elven clan politics, who were who allies and
such. I'm repopulating Myth Drannor and am
just having trouble.
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2012 :  21:33:24  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Althen, let me look at my sources and see if I can cook anything up (no promises, though). For now, keep in mind that Myth Drannor, in 1375/1376, is populated more by houses from Evereska and other smaller, nearby settlements. Some elves likely returned from places like the Hullack in Cormyr and deeper portions of Cormanthor, but it's a bit too soon to see the return of any surviving great houses from old Cormanthor.
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2012 :  22:59:17  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'm going to beg off on the "what's happening now" question, in part because I don't want to step on the official answers. [emphasis added]

As for the connection to the Underdark: it's certainly possible. Definitely, there are caverns beneath Tilverton, but whether they connect to the greater Underdark--and do so in a manner that allows for two-way travel--is a matter for individual DMs and campaigns to develop. At least, for now it is.

Hmm... does this mean that there are official answers waiting to appear (in a future DDI article, perhaps)?

Edited by - Jakk on 24 Jan 2012 23:00:18
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2012 :  23:24:49  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I'm going to beg off on the "what's happening now" question, in part because I don't want to step on the official answers. [emphasis added]

Hmm... does this mean that there are official answers waiting to appear (in a future DDI article, perhaps)?

Nope.
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2012 :  01:56:00  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

<chop>
Nope.

Well, at least you didn't say "NDA"...

And this pretty much puts to rest my curiosity about the canon state of this particular region; in my Realms, Tilverton is still around... just not where it was.

Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2012 :  03:03:05  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

<chop>
Nope.

Well, at least you didn't say "NDA"...

And this pretty much puts to rest my curiosity about the canon state of this particular region; in my Realms, Tilverton is still around... just not where it was.

So we might learn the answer in Oct, hey?

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2012 :  02:38:07  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

The Crown closed access to the Halls because there were reports that the Halls--all levels and known passages--were completely cleared by an adventuring company. That company then was killed (on an unrelated adventure), and at least a dozen different adventuring bands were killed in the mad dash to try and claim the Halls by some unknown and unnamed threat inside the Halls.

As for the what (or who), and whether that danger still lurks within the Haunted Halls, well, that's not for me to say just now.

Hrm... Can you say anything about who can say something about this, and approximately when? Yes, Jakk's on another fishing expedition on Lake NDA...

Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2012 :  03:12:57  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

The Crown closed access to the Halls because there were reports that the Halls--all levels and known passages--were completely cleared by an adventuring company. That company then was killed (on an unrelated adventure), and at least a dozen different adventuring bands were killed in the mad dash to try and claim the Halls by some unknown and unnamed threat inside the Halls.

Hrm... Can you say anything about who can say something about this, and approximately when? Yes, Jakk's on another fishing expedition on Lake NDA...
Not one word.

Frankly, I have my own ideas as to why it was closed (after all, from a design standpoint, I was the one that closed it), but I'm avoiding giving a definitive answer at the moment precisely because I don't want to box any future authors (game or fiction--even if it's myself) into any corners. The timeline events are designed specifically to be bare bones, unfleshed items, to allow for DMs and campaigns to build on them if they choose, or for others to build on in future Cormyr or Haunted Halls writing.
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2012 :  04:13:20  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, as you probably already know, I'd dearly love to hear your thoughts, but I completely understand your reasons for not revealing them; I've been there and done that enough times in these halls to know better, but it won't ever stop me from asking the first question. The second and subsequent questions, I'm (slowly) learning to leave alone.

Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2012 :  06:35:36  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Another quick question regarding the Cormyr Lineage (and please don't run screaming from your computer at the sight of that phrase). I would just like to suggest that you mention to the powers-that-be at WotC that Ed would be far more productive were this lineage made public, because he wouldn't have so many questions (that he can't give answers to) lobbed his way. Therefore, it's in WotC's best interests to publish the Lineage, preferably as a stand-alone document rather than articles in DDI... but I'm still willing to sign up to DDI in order to be able to download it, because the document is worth its hardcopy weight in gold to me. Just saying...

And yes, I took the time to mention to WotC (when I bought my one-month membership for Cormyr Month) that the Lineage was something I really wanted to see released. Hopefully other interested scribes did the same.

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 20 Aug 2012 :  00:36:18  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Brian , thanks for all of did to help make the Candlekeep seminar go so well.......and that giveaway....that had your fingerprints all over it. Very sweet! It's already in the safe, until I can think of the right place for it.

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2012 :  04:54:30  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

Brian , thanks for all of did to help make the Candlekeep seminar go so well.......and that giveaway....that had your fingerprints all over it. Very sweet! It's already in the safe, until I can think of the right place for it.
It was all my pleasure. That it happened at all was a good thing. That WotC took notice, and showed up, and listened, is a Very Good Thing. Having a giveaway was important for us as organizers, and since we can't really give away lore stuff (we're freelancers, so we'd get in heap-big trouble), a little nerd-bling never hurt anyone.
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2012 :  05:39:42  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

It was all my pleasure. That it happened at all was a good thing. That WotC took notice, and showed up, and listened, is a Very Good Thing. Having a giveaway was important for us as organizers, and since we can't really give away lore stuff (we're freelancers, so we'd get in heap-big trouble), a little nerd-bling never hurt anyone.

As my wife often reminds me , bling is a good,thing. But like she also says, next time you gotta top that you set the bar pretty high!

But the panel was more than advertised. 4.5 hrs...whew! awesome stuff

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000