Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Post-Spellplague Realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2009 :  01:11:43  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bolf66

yes. and here's why I only do novels for now but I love the realms as much anybody but I know something that some are forgetting. who created this wonderful world we all know and enjoy that's right ED as much much as we care for this beautiful world of ours remember dady ED is still around and I'm possitve he's not gonna let his baby get corupted by a bunch of imps from the abyss (Wotc) he and kemp and salvator and the rest will save us from calamity

None of those folks control what happens to the Realms... We wouldn't have had the Sellplague, if they did. I doubt we'd have had any of the RSEs with Ed at the helm.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2009 :  19:24:52  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by bolf66

yes. and here's why I only do novels for now but I love the realms as much anybody but I know something that some are forgetting. who created this wonderful world we all know and enjoy that's right ED as much much as we care for this beautiful world of ours remember dady ED is still around and I'm possitve he's not gonna let his baby get corupted by a bunch of imps from the abyss (Wotc) he and kemp and salvator and the rest will save us from calamity

None of those folks control what happens to the Realms... We wouldn't have had the Sellplague, if they did. I doubt we'd have had any of the RSEs with Ed at the helm.

True enough...unfortunately

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

froglegg
Learned Scribe

317 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2009 :  01:42:09  Show Profile Send froglegg a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No. I will not.

John

Long live Alias and Dragonbait! Kate Novak and Jeff Grubb the Realms need you more then ever!

On my word as a sage nothing within these pages is false, but not all of it may prove to be true. - Elminster of Shadowdale

The Old Grey Box gets better with age!
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4429 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2009 :  03:55:07  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Again, i'm in the minority lol.

I voted Yes. I've already made the conversion of one campaign from 3E to 4E Realms and am running another separate one in the setting too. I can't say I'm completly happy wth ALL the changes made, but I can live with the time jump. And I think the best part is, I use my 3E books just as much now as I did before 4E came out so I don't feel I've wasted anything. But to each his/her own.
Go to Top of Page

Azuth
Senior Scribe

USA
404 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2011 :  00:22:10  Show Profile  Visit Azuth's Homepage Send Azuth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I couldn't agree more - superlative intended.

Azuth, the First Magister
Lord of All Spells

quote:
Originally posted by Icelander

At the present, I have no need for a new campaign setting.

I understand that WotC claims that their new campaign setting is set in the same world as the Forgotten Realms, but after analysis of the materials, I can see little evidence of that. There are superficial similarities, sure, but it seems that these extend only to the names of polities and an NPC or two. The two campaign settings appear to be targeted at vastly different demographics and I regret to say that I find little in common with WotC's target audience.

Azuth, the First Magister
Lord of All Spells

The greatest expression of creativity is through Art.
Offense can never be given, only taken.
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2014 :  15:03:17  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I cherry pick from the post-Spellplague Realms. My current campaign is set in 1490 DR, and the Spellplague did happen, just not the exact same way canon puts it. Most of my sourcebooks are 2E, (but I started learning Realmslore from 3E sourcebooks and Baldur's Gate) and so if I want to adventure in an area I feel got nuked too badly, I change the history to taste.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2014 :  21:44:03  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I voted don't know. I won't be running/adventuring in the 5e era but I may buy some books for the nuggets of lore that may be in them.

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

Drustan Dwnhaedan
Learned Scribe

USA
324 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2014 :  00:23:14  Show Profile Send Drustan Dwnhaedan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Even though I'll probably never run and/or adventure in either 4e or 5e FR (because the DM of my gaming group hated the changes caused by the Spellplague, and because the rest of my group has completely abandoned D&D for Pathfinder), I still voted yes, as I've been writing a series of stories about my old PC characters who have survived into the 1480's.
Go to Top of Page

HardKano
Learned Scribe

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2014 :  00:40:10  Show Profile  Visit HardKano's Homepage Send HardKano a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I will start my first game in 10 years in the fifth edition ! I prefer growing with the world as it come than staying stuck in the past. everything change, even in real life ;)

There is only one thing that will never change : Evolution
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000