Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 What if -- Selunnarra returned to the Realms?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Ardashir
Senior Scribe

USA
544 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2008 :  18:25:53  Show Profile  Visit Ardashir's Homepage Send Ardashir a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I'm just wondering here -- there was a plot seed in Lost Empires of Faerun in which the players could wind up bringing the lost Netherese floating city of Selunnarra back to Faerun. Basically, a city full of aasimar trained in Selunite and Netherese magic, who are violently opposed to the Shadovar of Thultanthar. And who, I would imagine, can match them in power.

Just how would that effect the balance of power in a pre-Spellplague Realms, if such a powerful group of 'good guys' showed up to face off with the Shades?

Where would the people of Selunnarra go with their flying city, anyway? I get the idea that they'd want to be close enough to the Shades to keep an eye on them, but not so close as to make counterattacks a constant worry. I was thinking, they might wind up floating over Sembia and Cormyr?

Any help or advice on how to handle something like this would be vastly appreciated. Thanks, and may the silvery light of nSelune guide you in all darkness.

Uzzy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
618 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2008 :  18:54:53  Show Profile  Visit Uzzy's Homepage Send Uzzy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If they were clever, they'd 'jump' back into the Anauroch, deposit all their warriors in one go, right next to the City of Shade, then jump the city back to safety while the hordes of aasimar Paladins and Wizards slaughter the Shades. *Has visions of the Adama Manoeuvre*

In all serious though, I think if Selunnarra did reappear in the Realms, it'd have led to a decline in Shade influence, given that practically every organisation and country in the region disliked them, and a mass of holy warriors to crack down on anything that looks even remotely like Shade activity. I'd place it just on the southern tip of the Anauroch, close to Evereska. It'd be a fun epic campaign, though it'd be closer to a Crusade style game then one of intrigue and politics.
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2008 :  19:30:23  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've played with the idea of using this for an adventure.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2008 :  01:24:54  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think Selūnarra remains more interesting as a *potential* factor, rather than something that has already been used. In other words, keep Selūnarra firmly in the Gates of the Moon.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 23 Sep 2008 01:25:23
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2008 :  01:26:50  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Though,

Opus/Selūnarra existed as a Netherese survivor city plot-hook before 3e, it was just the motivation and possibility of returning to Faerun that was introduced by the "Return of the Archwizards" and Lost Empires of Faerūn. The idea of a surviving Netherese enclave that owed its alleigance to Selūne isnt something the designers just pulled out of their hats. The Shades are trying to "rebuild" a new Netheril, but with themselves as its masters. They are kidnapping netherese descendants, or their apprentices, and using them for their own purposes. If someone like Telemont is trying to rebuild Netheril for himself, then it is going to attract the attention or even the opposition of other Netherese survivors and enclaves that evaded the fall. Given the fact that he was branded a heretic and wasnt very popular in his day, and given his closeness to Karsus, then I imagine any Netherese survivors would not be enthused at the idea of Shadow seizing Anarouch for himself, and in the case of Selunarra they are perfectly poised to see that doesnt happen.

Go to Top of Page

Ranak
Learned Scribe

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2008 :  04:04:59  Show Profile  Visit Ranak's Homepage Send Ranak a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In my game I would not have Selūnarra return, just because I am tired, thematically, of ancient civilizations that somehow survived cataclysm only to return.

Too many ancient cities returned in 3ed - Shade, Myrietar, and Imaskar. Similar in theme but not technically returned cities include the return of the Fey'ri, Star Elves and Serpent Kindgoms.

Were I to include Selūnarra in my game, I would perhaps introduce some ancient descendants, or maybe extra-terrestrials that return on Spell Jamming "generation ships", tens of generations removed from their ancient city that disappeared into the stars.

The idea of Selūnarra popping back into existence like Shade wouldn't be how I would handle it.

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Though,

Opus/Selūnarra existed as a Netherese survivor city plot-hook before 3e, it was just the motivation and possibility of returning to Faerun that was introduced by the "Return of the Archwizards" and Lost Empires of Faerūn. The idea of a surviving Netherese enclave that owed its alleigance to Selūne isnt something the designers just pulled out of their hats. The Shades are trying to "rebuild" a new Netheril, but with themselves as its masters. They are kidnapping netherese descendants, or their apprentices, and using them for their own purposes. If someone like Telemont is trying to rebuild Netheril for himself, then it is going to attract the attention or even the opposition of other Netherese survivors and enclaves that evaded the fall. Given the fact that he was branded a heretic and wasnt very popular in his day, and given his closeness to Karsus, then I imagine any Netherese survivors would not be enthused at the idea of Shadow seizing Anarouch for himself, and in the case of Selunarra they are perfectly poised to see that doesnt happen.

Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2008 :  04:51:55  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sage, Ranak: this is somehow stirring me old loins here... I've put my Epic (level 25) campaign on hold for the last two months, and asked my players to create new 4th level PCs so I can run them through Cormyr/Shadowdale/Anauroc... This Selunnarra business would be a good way to unite these new (4th level) PCs with their old (25th level) PCs, once the 4th level guys reach Epic or near-Epic levels... [puts thinking cap back on... ]
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2008 :  14:05:57  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would not mind seeing a "counterweight" to the shades return, it would be a good chance for a large scale war with some huge battles. And as we all know you can't win the large battle without winning some small scale behind the scenes stuff perfectly suited for a small party!

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2008 :  15:29:57  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I think Selūnarra remains more interesting as a *potential* factor, rather than something that has already been used. In other words, keep Selūnarra firmly in the Gates of the Moon.

I agree--I like "hidden cities" to remain hidden, to be honest. Or at least, when these old cities are brought back, it should be done sparingly.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2008 :  15:46:36  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was disappointed, when I flipped thru the FRCG, to see that Selunnarra hadn't returned. I'll admit I was as sick as the next guy of 3E's parade of returns, but the thing is, they did, in 3E, make a point of saying "Okay, here's another floating city that can and has good reason to oppose Shade." And then, with 4E's thing of making Shar and Shadows be the source of all evil, the possibility of an excellent rival/foil for them was ignored. With everything the Shades had done, it seems only reasonable to me that someone should have discovered and brought back Selunnarra, and yet, the plot point was ignored.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2008 :  15:51:56  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

quote:

I agree--I like "hidden cities" to remain hidden, to be honest. Or at least, when these old cities are brought back, it should be done sparingly.

What I think would have been even better, would to have had a city become hidden as a spellplague aftereffect.

Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2008 :  16:00:12  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
IMO, Selunarra stay hidden to be used as a DM tool: if someone want to tell this story, he/she/it only have to use it, without stumble upon the lore of something else (like the return of Myth Drannor, Imaskar, Star Elves, etc.)

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2008 :  16:24:02  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

With everything the Shades had done, it seems only reasonable to me that someone should have discovered and brought back Selunnarra, and yet, the plot point was ignored.
I wouldn't say that it's been ignored, at least not completely. The FRCG is only meant as an introduction to the post-Spellplague Realms after all. There may still be room for a future designer or two to explore the possibilities offered by the return of Opus to the Realms.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2008 :  16:47:14  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

With everything the Shades had done, it seems only reasonable to me that someone should have discovered and brought back Selunnarra, and yet, the plot point was ignored.
I wouldn't say that it's been ignored, at least not completely. The FRCG is only meant as an introduction to the post-Spellplague Realms after all. There may still be room for a future designer or two to explore the possibilities offered by the return of Opus to the Realms.

Well, my point is that I would have expected them to return before now -- not to be sitting back, letting the Shades run rampant while waiting for someone to summon them back.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2008 :  16:52:02  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Well, my point is that I would have expected them to return before now -- not to be sitting back, letting the Shades run rampant while waiting for someone to summon them back.

Mayhaps they cannot "come back" without a little help?

edit: fixed quote

Edited by - The Red Walker on 23 Sep 2008 17:04:06
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2008 :  17:01:43  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Aye. But maybe there's a reason for them holding back. I don't know what that reason could be, or even if there should actually be one. Perhaps they're simply waiting for the Shades to over-extend themselves, and then insert Opus back into the Realms at a time when the Shades may not be able to properly defend all of their holdings.

Go to Top of Page

Christopher_Rowe
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
879 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2008 :  17:05:08  Show Profile  Visit Christopher_Rowe's Homepage Send Christopher_Rowe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

There may still be room for a future designer or two to explore the possibilities offered by the return of Opus to the Realms.

Ahem.

My Realms novel, Sandstorm, is now available for ordering.
Go to Top of Page

Ardashir
Senior Scribe

USA
544 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2008 :  18:38:18  Show Profile  Visit Ardashir's Homepage Send Ardashir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I was disappointed, when I flipped thru the FRCG, to see that Selunnarra hadn't returned. I'll admit I was as sick as the next guy of 3E's parade of returns, but the thing is, they did, in 3E, make a point of saying "Okay, here's another floating city that can and has good reason to oppose Shade." And then, with 4E's thing of making Shar and Shadows be the source of all evil, the possibility of an excellent rival/foil for them was ignored. With everything the Shades had done, it seems only reasonable to me that someone should have discovered and brought back Selunnarra, and yet, the plot point was ignored.

Which is pretty much what I was thinking. I figured that at least a few of the city's more adventurous citizens might be sneaking through to Faerun simply to mess with the Shades.
Go to Top of Page

Ardashir
Senior Scribe

USA
544 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2008 :  18:39:59  Show Profile  Visit Ardashir's Homepage Send Ardashir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And while I'm talking about armies of Selunite aasimar descending on Faerun -- isn't that what happened with the population of one Untheric city in their war with Mulhorand? Selune took them to her realm, transformed them, trained them in magic and war-skills, and then returned them to their home to battle it out with the Mulhorandi armies?
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2008 :  18:44:51  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For this to work in 4e, first they need to transfer the aasimar as a playable race. I remember Rich hinting that when they did that they would receive some sort of name change.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Christopher_Rowe
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
879 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2008 :  19:02:20  Show Profile  Visit Christopher_Rowe's Homepage Send Christopher_Rowe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HawkinstheDM

For this to work in 4e, first they need to transfer the aasimar as a playable race. I remember Rich hinting that when they did that they would receive some sort of name change.

Yeah, they're gonna be Devas, right?

(And c'mon! Opus and the Realms! That took me like fifteen minutes!)

My Realms novel, Sandstorm, is now available for ordering.
Go to Top of Page

Ranak
Learned Scribe

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2008 :  19:06:57  Show Profile  Visit Ranak's Homepage Send Ranak a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey I wasn't saying that it doesn't make a great plot thread, I just think a straight "Return of Selunnarra" would not be my cup of tea.

As I said, if I were to have them return, it would be in an obtuse way - scattered survivors on spell jamming ships, or a chosen few who make it through the astral sea and find themselves in a world transformed (at least compared to when they left).

Or... in an Epic level twist... Selunarra is trapped and in terrible danger (perhaps of Shar's making, maybe some elder evil, or both), and the PCs mount a rescue mission into the great wheel to bring back the few survivors, driven by signs and portents from Selune of course.

Maybe the armies of Selunarra are busy fighting a horrible foe in the great beyond that is an even worse threat to Faerun than Shar.

LOTS of possibilities here.

quote:
Originally posted by Purple Dragon Knight

Sage, Ranak: this is somehow stirring me old loins here... I've put my Epic (level 25) campaign on hold for the last two months, and asked my players to create new 4th level PCs so I can run them through Cormyr/Shadowdale/Anauroc... This Selunnarra business would be a good way to unite these new (4th level) PCs with their old (25th level) PCs, once the 4th level guys reach Epic or near-Epic levels... [puts thinking cap back on... ]

Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2008 :  21:08:16  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ranak

Hey I wasn't saying that it doesn't make a great plot thread, I just think a straight "Return of Selunnarra" would not be my cup of tea.

As I said, if I were to have them return, it would be in an obtuse way - scattered survivors on spell jamming ships, or a chosen few who make it through the astral sea and find themselves in a world transformed (at least compared to when they left).

Or... in an Epic level twist... Selunarra is trapped and in terrible danger (perhaps of Shar's making, maybe some elder evil, or both), and the PCs mount a rescue mission into the great wheel to bring back the few survivors, driven by signs and portents from Selune of course.

Maybe the armies of Selunarra are busy fighting a horrible foe in the great beyond that is an even worse threat to Faerun than Shar.

quote:

Maybe they're fighting the Nilshai... so, kill the Nilshai, free the Selunarrans, have them whack Shade out of orbit, save the world?
Go to Top of Page

Foxhelm
Senior Scribe

Canada
592 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2008 :  23:34:02  Show Profile Send Foxhelm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have packed my stuff for the move... but in Lost Empires of Faerun the return of Selunarra or Opus required a ritual involving a magical spell key which was in a certain half-drow of Waterdeep's hands in a Selune friendly in and the need to go to a oasis sacred to Eldath in Anaroch (within Nethril terrorties).

However, the return of the city does not need to be the beginning of an adventure. It could come at the end. Imagine a group of heroes from Cormyr/Myth Drannor and the Dalelands/ Luruar and Evereska being sent on mission from a seemingly beninely insane patron. Mission which over a period of time leads them to fight shades, and eventually discovers traces of a second enclave which would be oppose to the shades.

Part of the Adventure could involve finding the right portal/ritual to the city. Selunarra could get involved by sending troops and spellcasters, perhaps to teach the techniques of old Netheril. This could lead to a mission to steal the Nether scrolls from Shade (not clear of the location after the last adventure series) or locating an undiscovered copy of the scrolls. Perhaps finding the serpent Terraseer for help. Then either transporting the city returning ritual from the lands of Netheril to a friendlier location or having to cast the spell in the middle of a Netheril battlefield or both.

I can see this as an adventure beginning at Hero level and moving to Paragon or even Epic given the destiny you choose (The Choosen of Selune or some of the more benine deities, Master Harpers from Dragon Sept 2008, Elven high Mage from Dragon 2008, Demigod, Archmage).

Thoughts?

Ed Greenwood! The Solution... and Cause of all the Realms Problems!
Go to Top of Page

Icelander
Master of Realmslore

1864 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2008 :  23:36:14  Show Profile  Visit Icelander's Homepage Send Icelander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Maybe they're fighting the Nilshai... so, kill the Nilshai, free the Selunarrans, have them whack Shade out of orbit, save the world?

Where's the Beshaba-cursed cheerleader?

Za uspiekh nashevo beznadiozhnovo diela!

Forgotten Realms fans, please sign a petition to re-release the FR Interactive Atlas
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2008 :  01:02:08  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think it's also important to consider that, perhaps, the current generation of inhabitants of Opus, the aasimar [descended from the natives of the enclave], have simply come to adopt a mindset similar to that of other celestial types. And are now, thus, less interested in Torilian matters -- instead focusing on events across the Gates of the Moon.

Edited by - The Sage on 24 Sep 2008 01:04:55
Go to Top of Page

Ranak
Learned Scribe

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2008 :  08:26:47  Show Profile  Visit Ranak's Homepage Send Ranak a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with the Sage about their perspective on Toril, they might be quite removed from it.

Another thing to consider - they might not mix so well with Selune's current crop of worshipers, or at least not all of them. How would they fare fighting along side of lycanthropes, etc.

One interesting threat that might renew their interest in Toril - a plot by Shar and Netherese to blot out the moon(s) and stars, in which case the ritual is performed to contact them and they rain some righteous starlight down on the Shades, etc.

This is why I am glad Wizards never decided to flesh out this story - sometimes a "hook" should remain just that - something fun for DMs to brainstorm about in their own games.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Ranak

quote:

Edited by - Ranak on 24 Sep 2008 09:54:37
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2008 :  14:16:03  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I think it's also important to consider that, perhaps, the current generation of inhabitants of Opus, the aasimar [descended from the natives of the enclave], have simply come to adopt a mindset similar to that of other celestial types. And are now, thus, less interested in Torilian matters -- instead focusing on events across the Gates of the Moon.

Good point. If these inhabitants of Opus (heh) have lived there all their lives, why would they desire to move to Toril, necessarily?

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 24 Sep 2008 14:16:17
Go to Top of Page

Foxhelm
Senior Scribe

Canada
592 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2008 :  14:33:27  Show Profile Send Foxhelm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Good point. If these inhabitants of Opus (heh) have lived there all their lives, why would they desire to move to Toril, necessarily?

The only possibility that I can think of is the threat of Shade, for even as celestials they all worship anti-Shar deities. One thing which could occur came to me before I slept last night.

What if something was to happen to Selunarra which made it impossible to live there for much longer, forcing the inhabitants to return to Faerun without their city? A strike against those Netherese who do not join Shade and those who worship the enemy goddess within her own realm would be a big PR bonus (Gaining leadership bonuses if still finding Power of Faerun useful).

Quick thoughts.

Ed Greenwood! The Solution... and Cause of all the Realms Problems!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2008 :  15:50:04  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Interestingly, we know some Selūnarrans have visited Toril. It could be that they're simply keeping themselves informed about events on the Prime Material. Or maybe they're advanced scouts preparing for the eventual return of the Enclave.

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2008 :  16:07:06  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Interestingly, we know some Selūnarrans have visited Toril. It could be that they're simply keeping themselves informed about events on the Prime Material. Or maybe they're advanced scouts preparing for the eventual return of the Enclave.

Yes, I like that thought of advance scouting! I would not expect a city of "celetial" type beings to rush in until they knew the needed to. As I am sure there are matters they are attending to where they are.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000